News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

IllaZilla

Wild sign Fiala to two year deal

Looks like the Gamebreaker's in da House!

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Edited by IllaZilla

The Gamebreaker deal sounds reasonable to me. Two years to prove what's his worth.

Same kind of contract as Donato and Eek signed. Basically a "Prove it"-contract.

Good and fair deal nonetheless.

Meh.  Probably about the right price...but I still wouldn'tve paid him $3 million.  Wild still have about $5 million in cap space.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Meh.  Probably about the right price...but I still wouldn'tve paid him $3 million.  Wild still have about $5 million in cap space.  

It is , probably, the right price. From my understanding, Fiala was waiting for a better proposal and this is why it took longer to sign his contract. Hope, they will keep those left $5 million to sign next year a contract with Kirill Kaprizov.

27 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

It is , probably, the right price. From my understanding, Fiala was waiting for a better proposal and this is why it took longer to sign his contract. Hope, they will keep those left $5 million to sign next year a contract with Kirill Kaprizov.

Fiala wasn’t going to get a better deal. Check out CapFriendly.com.  Fiala slotted in with several other players his age and more or less similar production. I think the Wild went a bit high, but not terribly.

The Wild will have plenty of cap space next season, especially considering Koivu ($5.5M) and Ennis ($1.5M) come off the cap. Kaprizov is only going to cost around $3M. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Fiala wasn’t going to get a better deal. Check out CapFriendly.com.  Fiala slotted in with several other players his age and more or less similar production. I think the Wild went a bit high, but not terribly.

The Wild will have plenty of cap space next season, especially considering Koivu ($5.5M) and Ennis ($1.5M) come off the cap. Kaprizov is only going to cost around $3M. 

I am not saying he's crazy overpaid.  I think Kaprizov may command more than that.  He knows the Wild are desperate.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I am not saying he's crazy overpaid.  I think Kaprizov may command more than that.  He knows the Wild are desperate.  

Same as Gusev did this year - instead of $2 millions per year he commanded $4 M. And I think he got it through the New Jersey Devils $4.5 M for the season 20/21 because Vegas Nights did not want to pay these money.

Here are the fresh(today) news which I found. Canacks did not have money to sign a very promising player Brock Boeser , but we have them and a nice opportunity to sign him as soon as possible.

Here is a link to read about that chance:

Hidden Content

Edited by Alexandron

Wikipedia said that Gusev signed this year a 2 years deal for $9 M ($4.5 M per season) with a New Jersey Devils team. I think Kaprizov capable to make the same thing as Gusev did . If the Wild will not make a nice offer, then he will look for other team.

28 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Wikipedia said that Gusev signed this year a 2 years deal for $9 M ($4.5 M per season) with a New Jersey Devils team. I think Kaprizov capable to make the same thing as Gusev did . If the Wild will not make a nice offer, then he will look for other team.

he will get an entry level contract

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

He can’t go to a different team if he wants to play in the NHL it will with the Wild

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be hesitant to pay Kaprizov a huge amount of money. Despite the KHL success he's basically an unknown quantity and the play in international games has been good but not that outstanding to risk a lot of money.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Gusev got $9M because it was his second contract. He was drafted by Tampa in 2017, and then his rights were traded to Vegas in 2019. He signed a one year entry level deal with Vegas in April 2019 and played about two months on that deal before it expired making him an RFA and eligible for a much bigger deal. 

Kaprisov can’t look for another team unless it’s in Europe. The Wild own his rights. He can’t play for another NHL team unless the Wild trade his rights. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I would be hesitant to pay Kaprizov a huge amount of money. Despite the KHL success he's basically an unknown quantity and the play in international games has been good but not that outstanding to risk a lot of money.

He's speculative but the Wild are in desperation mode.  That is my only reason they overpay him; for fear of him doubling down with another KHL deal.  He'll probably be given the max for an entry level contract.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist
  • Like 2

My meaning reason is the same as LIG’s - the Wild should pay to Kaprizov slightly more to attract him somehow here(on an entry level) at least for a short 1-2 seasons contract.

Just checked our roster(69 players) for the training camp this fall and did not find our 1st round draft Boldy; a 2nd round draft Firstov; and a 3rd round draft McBain of this year, but found lots of new names- invitees (total 14) for a tryout.

Hidden Content

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

My meaning reason is the same as LIG’s - the Wild should pay to Kaprizov slightly more to attract him somehow here(on an entry level) at least for a short 1-2 seasons contract.

Just checked our roster(69 players) for the training camp this fall and did not find our 1st round draft Boldy; a 2nd round draft Firstov; and a 3rd round draft McBain of this year, but found lots of new names- invitees (total 14) for a tryout.

Hidden Content

Boldy, McBain, and Firstov are all in college. They won’t be in camp. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:41 PM, IllaZilla said:

Until Clyde is actually gone I won't be holding my breath. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they sign him to another 2 years if he doesn't retire.

8 hours ago, TheBoogieMan said:

Until Clyde is actually gone I won't be holding my breath. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they sign him to another 2 years if he doesn't retire.

It’s going to depend on a couple of things. After this injury, if Koivu can’t play at an acceptable level (for him) he may retire. Kind of like Walz did, but just don’t drag it out for three months like Walz did. And if Eriksson-Ek, Kunin and maybe even Rask take a step forward. If the Wild have a replacement(s) ready to go, they may not offer him another contract. Or only a one year deal at a greatly reduced rate. But I’m with you. I won’t believe he’s gone until he really is gone.