Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

RonJeremy

Patrick is injured

Recommended Posts

Patrick is hurt ,upper body injury, they say he may not be ready for season....I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Patrick have a short career in Philly. Coots is our top center,  Hayes is # 2 and Frost is almost ready, a year away at the very most. , Rubstov may very well turn out to be better suited as the the third line center instead of Patrick. Patrick is not exactly tenacious, rugged or a defensive stalwart. He also seems a bit soft and injury prone. I really wouldn’t be shocked to see him traded when some of these other kids come in. We have done well in drafting the last 20 years or so, but I think the 2 Irishman , Patrick, and Jay O’Brien could  be flops.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Patrick is hurt ,upper body injury, they say he may not be ready for season....I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Patrick have a short career in Philly. Coots is our top center,  Hayes is # 2 and Frost is almost ready, a year away at the very most. , Rubstov may very well turn out to be better suited as the the third line center instead of Patrick. Patrick is not exactly tenacious, rugged or a defensive stalwart. He also seems a bit soft and injury prone. I really wouldn’t be shocked to see him traded when some of these other kids come in. We have done well in drafting the last 20 years or so, but I think the 2 Irishman , Patrick, and Jay O’Brien could  be flops.

 

i just saw this on NBC Sports/Philly.

I swear to God, as soon as he's healthy for 10 minutes, I move him.  He's not impressive when he's healthy, and he's completely worthless the other 95% of the time.  If you can get some idiot GM to trade for him, pull the trigger.

 

  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flyers are waiting for his new suit to come in Flyer colors....they need to rush the order...

 

image.jpeg.f39fbc555e382e309f5ca96960d279ab.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

i just saw this on NBC Sports/Philly.

I swear to God, as soon as he's healthy for 10 minutes, I move him.  He's not impressive when he's healthy, and he's completely worthless the other 95% of the time.  If you can get some idiot GM to trade for him, pull the trigger.

 

 

He definitely has a high trade value based on his draft position alone. It has obviously taken a decent hit because of injuries and mediocre stats, but he could easily be moved if they wanted to. 

 

As much as Frost will (hopefully) develop into a dynamic offensive player, if Patrick is out for the season opener, I’d give Rubstov a shot at 3C if he has an impressive camp. 

 

G/Coots/Jake

JVR/Hayes/TK or ?

Lindblom/Rubstov/Laughton

Raffl/Vorobyev/Pitlick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the injury?  Any detail, other than UBI?  How do you come to camp injured an no one knowing about it?  Did he get hurt getting off the plane?  I just don’t understand how this wasn’t known in advance.  Was he hiding whatever it is?  I’m so frustrated with this kid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vis said:

What is the injury?  Any detail, other than UBI?  How do you come to camp injured an no one knowing about it?  Did he get hurt getting off the plane?  I just don’t understand how this wasn’t known in advance.  Was he hiding whatever it is?  I’m so frustrated with this kid.  

The article on NBC sports Philly has Fletcher quoted saying they knew about it. But I regardless agree with all of that. 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the Flyers actually been experimenting with moving Patrick to a Wing position(RW)? I have been seeing his name on the 3rd Line depth charts on the Wing and was wondering if that was something that could fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny, we all thought it was a wonderful gift to have this guy handed to us via the lottery.  Now I wonder if we'd have been better off 20th or wherever.  He is brittle and taking up precious roster space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

It's funny, we all thought it was a wonderful gift to have this guy handed to us via the lottery.  Now I wonder if we'd have been better off 20th or wherever.  He is brittle and taking up precious roster space.

Or the 5th and have taken Pettersson. 

 

In retrospect -- and probably only with the benefit of retrospect -- we either reach back or trade back and take either Heiskanen, Glass, or Pettersson. 

 

If we don't "win" the lottery, we're back at 12th.  I'm not familiar enough with the players in that range. Maybe someone good is still developing and is coming out of that grouping, but right now I think we're still better off. 

 

I don't know. I really want to say they brought him to the NHL way too fast. To me, it was a move driven by PR rather than good hockey sense.   I think that's true, but if the guy is going to burst his jugular just brushing his teeth, it may ultimately not make a difference. It just might have made him more effective in the 5 games he was in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The article on NBC sports Philly has Fletcher quoted saying they knew about it. But I regardless agree with all of that. 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Thanks.  Tweet I saw earlier suggested it was a surprise.  Still ridiculous that he can’t get through an offseason without injury.  Must have caught Neuvirthitis.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

 I really want to say they brought him to the NHL way too fast. To me, it was a move driven by PR rather than good hockey sense.   I think that's true, but if the guy is going to burst his jugular just brushing his teeth, it may ultimately not make a difference. It just might have made him more effective in the 5 games he was in. 

I hear you on the first part, but I think he’d probably be injured wherever he’s playing (or not playing, as it were).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vis said:

I hear you on the first part, but I think he’d probably be injured wherever he’s playing (or not playing, as it were).   

Yeah, I agree. This circumstance started even before he was drafted, so it's not like it's the NHL that did it. 

And really, with how much he's been injured, I don't know how much he would have developed in juniors, either. 

 

It's a shame. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 7:58 PM, vis said:

What is the injury?  Any detail, other than UBI?  How do you come to camp injured an no one knowing about it?  Did he get hurt getting off the plane?  I just don’t understand how this wasn’t known in advance.  Was he hiding whatever it is?  I’m so frustrated with this kid.  

He's suffering from inflamed vaginitis

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

 

That would be LBI

Not to mention the "itis" means inflamed.  So, "inflamed '...itis' is kind of redundant (though possible on Patrick, now that I think about it).

 

But what if he--in his entirety--is what is being inflamed in @CoachX's post?   Would that be LBI, UBI, or TBI?

Edited by ruxpin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

what if he--in his entirety--is what is being inflamed

 

This kind of insight is why we pay you the big bucks to be here. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting stuff happening in camp. AV praised the JVR/Hayes/Lindblom line and said Oskar looked really good on the right, and will get a longer look during exhibition games. 

 

So for tomorrow night, we could be looking at a top 6 of

 

G/Coots/Farabee

JVR/Hayes/Lindblom

 

I like it. 

 

Bottom 6?

 

Laughton/Frost/Voracek

Raffl/Rubstov/Ratcliffe

 

Provorov/Niskanen

Ghost/Braun

Sanheim/Myers

 

Should be a fun game tomorrow night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brelic said:

Interesting stuff happening in camp. AV praised the JVR/Hayes/Lindblom line and said Oskar looked really good on the right, and will get a longer look during exhibition games. 

 

So for tomorrow night, we could be looking at a top 6 of

 

G/Coots/Farabee

JVR/Hayes/Lindblom

 

I like it. 

 

Bottom 6?

 

Laughton/Frost/Voracek

Raffl/Rubstov/Ratcliffe

 

Provorov/Niskanen

Ghost/Braun

Sanheim/Myers

 

Should be a fun game tomorrow night. 

 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 
Tomorrow’s groups in

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
camp. Group C unchanged. AV said that the other two would play in Monday and Tuesday’s exhibition games.
 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 
Strange I notice Farabee not listed at all maybe a typo.
 
 
Edited by OccamsRazor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least he's not dead....

 

 

Looks like he is practicing against Andrew McDonald. :hehe:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 
Tomorrow’s groups in

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
camp. Group C unchanged. AV said that the other two would play in Monday and Tuesday’s exhibition games.
 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 
Strange I notice Farabee not listed at all maybe a typo.
 
 

 

He's in Group A.

(Don't feel bad, I was going to add, "...but I don't see Frost anywhere," and he's right above Farabee!

Edited by ruxpin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

He's in Group A.

(Don't feel bad, I was going to add, "...but I don't see Frost anywhere," and he's right above Farabee!

 

Maybe the edited it after I had looked and it last because he wasn't on there.

 

I am at work so I just come back about 30 minutes and just copied and pasted it without looking at it again. No biggie.

 

I think he should get the chance to play his first game with Giroux and Coots.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks that Patrick is hurt yet again but calling for him to be traded would be selling him at the bottom of the market.    The same can be said for Morin.    The good news is the cupboards are full and we don't have to rely on these guys because there are kids banging on the door.   

 

Let them get healthy (Patrick) and get in the lineup for a 20-30 games and then make the call on whether they should be moved.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, brelic said:

G/Coots/Farabee

 

 

Really? You think they would do this rather than bring Voracek up? Maybe for the pre-season I guess. Farabee has a long way to go before he gets a sweet spot like that imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 3
      Post
      Thanks.  Tweet I saw earlier suggested it was a surprise.  Still ridiculous that he can’t get through an offseason without injury.  Must have caught Neuvirthitis.  
    • 3
      Post
      He's suffering from inflamed vaginitis
    • 2
      Post
      i just saw this on NBC Sports/Philly. I swear to God, as soon as he's healthy for 10 minutes, I move him.  He's not impressive when he's healthy, and he's completely worthless the other 95% of the time.  If you can get some idiot GM to trade for him, pull the trigger.  
    • 2
      Post
      Yeah, I agree. This circumstance started even before he was drafted, so it's not like it's the NHL that did it.  And really, with how much he's been injured, I don't know how much he would have developed in juniors, either.    It's a shame. 
    • 2
      Post
      That would be LBI
    • 2
      Post
      Well at least he's not dead....     Looks like he is practicing against Andrew McDonald. 
×
×
  • Create New...