"Patrick Almost Not Injured Any More!"

RonJeremy

Patrick is hurt ,upper body injury, they say he may not be ready for season....I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Patrick have a short career in Philly. Coots is our top center,  Hayes is # 2 and Frost is almost ready, a year away at the very most. , Rubstov may very well turn out to be better suited as the the third line center instead of Patrick. Patrick is not exactly tenacious, rugged or a defensive stalwart. He also seems a bit soft and injury prone. I really wouldn’t be shocked to see him traded when some of these other kids come in. We have done well in drafting the last 20 years or so, but I think the 2 Irishman , Patrick, and Jay O’Brien could  be flops.

Edited by radoran
modified topic
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Patrick is hurt ,upper body injury, they say he may not be ready for season....I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Patrick have a short career in Philly. Coots is our top center,  Hayes is # 2 and Frost is almost ready, a year away at the very most. , Rubstov may very well turn out to be better suited as the the third line center instead of Patrick. Patrick is not exactly tenacious, rugged or a defensive stalwart. He also seems a bit soft and injury prone. I really wouldn’t be shocked to see him traded when some of these other kids come in. We have done well in drafting the last 20 years or so, but I think the 2 Irishman , Patrick, and Jay O’Brien could  be flops.

i just saw this on NBC Sports/Philly.

I swear to God, as soon as he's healthy for 10 minutes, I move him.  He's not impressive when he's healthy, and he's completely worthless the other 95% of the time.  If you can get some idiot GM to trade for him, pull the trigger.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

i just saw this on NBC Sports/Philly.

I swear to God, as soon as he's healthy for 10 minutes, I move him.  He's not impressive when he's healthy, and he's completely worthless the other 95% of the time.  If you can get some idiot GM to trade for him, pull the trigger.

He definitely has a high trade value based on his draft position alone. It has obviously taken a decent hit because of injuries and mediocre stats, but he could easily be moved if they wanted to. 

As much as Frost will (hopefully) develop into a dynamic offensive player, if Patrick is out for the season opener, I’d give Rubstov a shot at 3C if he has an impressive camp. 

G/Coots/Jake

JVR/Hayes/TK or ?

Lindblom/Rubstov/Laughton

Raffl/Vorobyev/Pitlick

What is the injury?  Any detail, other than UBI?  How do you come to camp injured an no one knowing about it?  Did he get hurt getting off the plane?  I just don’t understand how this wasn’t known in advance.  Was he hiding whatever it is?  I’m so frustrated with this kid.  

22 minutes ago, vis said:

What is the injury?  Any detail, other than UBI?  How do you come to camp injured an no one knowing about it?  Did he get hurt getting off the plane?  I just don’t understand how this wasn’t known in advance.  Was he hiding whatever it is?  I’m so frustrated with this kid.  

The article on NBC sports Philly has Fletcher quoted saying they knew about it. But I regardless agree with all of that. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/tough-say-if-injured-nolan-patrick-will-be-ready-flyers-regular-season-opener

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

It's funny, we all thought it was a wonderful gift to have this guy handed to us via the lottery.  Now I wonder if we'd have been better off 20th or wherever.  He is brittle and taking up precious roster space.

Or the 5th and have taken Pettersson. 

In retrospect -- and probably only with the benefit of retrospect -- we either reach back or trade back and take either Heiskanen, Glass, or Pettersson. 

If we don't "win" the lottery, we're back at 12th.  I'm not familiar enough with the players in that range. Maybe someone good is still developing and is coming out of that grouping, but right now I think we're still better off. 

I don't know. I really want to say they brought him to the NHL way too fast. To me, it was a move driven by PR rather than good hockey sense.   I think that's true, but if the guy is going to burst his jugular just brushing his teeth, it may ultimately not make a difference. It just might have made him more effective in the 5 games he was in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The article on NBC sports Philly has Fletcher quoted saying they knew about it. But I regardless agree with all of that. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/tough-say-if-injured-nolan-patrick-will-be-ready-flyers-regular-season-opener

Thanks.  Tweet I saw earlier suggested it was a surprise.  Still ridiculous that he can’t get through an offseason without injury.  Must have caught Neuvirthitis.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I really want to say they brought him to the NHL way too fast. To me, it was a move driven by PR rather than good hockey sense.   I think that's true, but if the guy is going to burst his jugular just brushing his teeth, it may ultimately not make a difference. It just might have made him more effective in the 5 games he was in. 

I hear you on the first part, but I think he’d probably be injured wherever he’s playing (or not playing, as it were).   

10 hours ago, vis said:

I hear you on the first part, but I think he’d probably be injured wherever he’s playing (or not playing, as it were).   

Yeah, I agree. This circumstance started even before he was drafted, so it's not like it's the NHL that did it. 

And really, with how much he's been injured, I don't know how much he would have developed in juniors, either. 

It's a shame. 

• Like 3

On 9/13/2019 at 7:58 PM, vis said:

He's suffering from inflamed vaginitis

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

That would be LBI

Not to mention the "itis" means inflamed.  So, "inflamed '...itis' is kind of redundant (though possible on Patrick, now that I think about it).

But what if he--in his entirety--is what is being inflamed in @CoachX's post?   Would that be LBI, UBI, or TBI?

Edited by ruxpin

Interesting stuff happening in camp. AV praised the JVR/Hayes/Lindblom line and said Oskar looked really good on the right, and will get a longer look during exhibition games. 

So for tomorrow night, we could be looking at a top 6 of

G/Coots/Farabee

JVR/Hayes/Lindblom

I like it. 

Bottom 6?

Laughton/Frost/Voracek

Raffl/Rubstov/Ratcliffe

Provorov/Niskanen

Ghost/Braun

Sanheim/Myers

Should be a fun game tomorrow night. 

9 minutes ago, brelic said:

Interesting stuff happening in camp. AV praised the JVR/Hayes/Lindblom line and said Oskar looked really good on the right, and will get a longer look during exhibition games. 

So for tomorrow night, we could be looking at a top 6 of

G/Coots/Farabee

JVR/Hayes/Lindblom

I like it. 

Bottom 6?

Laughton/Frost/Voracek

Raffl/Rubstov/Ratcliffe

Provorov/Niskanen

Ghost/Braun

Sanheim/Myers

Should be a fun game tomorrow night. 

Tomorrow’s groups in #Flyers camp. Group C unchanged. AV said that the other two would play in Monday and Tuesday’s exhibition games.

Strange I notice Farabee not listed at all maybe a typo.

Edited by OccamsRazor

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Tomorrow’s groups in #Flyers camp. Group C unchanged. AV said that the other two would play in Monday and Tuesday’s exhibition games.

Strange I notice Farabee not listed at all maybe a typo.

He's in Group A.

(Don't feel bad, I was going to add, "...but I don't see Frost anywhere," and he's right above Farabee!

Edited by ruxpin

35 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

He's in Group A.

(Don't feel bad, I was going to add, "...but I don't see Frost anywhere," and he's right above Farabee!

Maybe the edited it after I had looked and it last because he wasn't on there.

I am at work so I just come back about 30 minutes and just copied and pasted it without looking at it again. No biggie.

I think he should get the chance to play his first game with Giroux and Coots.

• Like 1

It sucks that Patrick is hurt yet again but calling for him to be traded would be selling him at the bottom of the market.    The same can be said for Morin.    The good news is the cupboards are full and we don't have to rely on these guys because there are kids banging on the door.   

Let them get healthy (Patrick) and get in the lineup for a 20-30 games and then make the call on whether they should be moved.  

• Like 1