"Patrick Almost Not Injured Any More!"

RonJeremy

8 minutes ago, Digityman said:

It sucks that Patrick is hurt yet again but calling for him to be traded would be selling him at the bottom of the market.    The same can be said for Morin.    The good news is the cupboards are full and we don't have to rely on these guys because there are kids banging on the door.   

Let them get healthy (Patrick) and get in the lineup for a 20-30 games and then make the call on whether they should be moved.  

With Morin, it might simply be a case of the organization having better options. Not a knock on him, but a testament to strong drafting and development. Morin simply might not fit, and that's ok. This is the year to find out, though you'd think AV would give him a better slotting than 3rd pairing D with a surefire scrub in the first exhibition game. Zamula is with Myers.

With Patrick, this injury will force him to miss the entire training camp with new coaches, new systems, new teammates. It's a built-in excuse for starting slow - which he's done anyway in both seasons so far. This sounds like an injury that required/requires MONTHS from which to recover. Fletch said he's known about it 'for quite some time,' and announced he's week-to-week and might not be ready for the opener. So what in tf did he do this summer to injure himself so seriously? Hernias, concussions, facial rashes, and now this months-long mysterious injury... dude can't catch a break. 

It's hard to say what to do with him - though I doubt trading him right now would be smart. I'm not particularly enamoured by his game, but I can't imagine he'll be any worse than a solid 2C when he hits his stride. 

1 minute ago, elmatus said:

Really? You think they would do this rather than bring Voracek up? Maybe for the pre-season I guess. Farabee has a long way to go before he gets a sweet spot like that imo.

Agreed... but we all know how temporary line combinations are haha. I would at least give him a shot there *if* he makes the team out of camp.

If TK decides he'd rather try his hand at ice fishing in northern Ontario this winter, 1RW would be a fun spot to see Farabee :)

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Agreed... but we all know how temporary line combinations are haha. I would at least give him a shot there *if* he makes the team out of camp.

If TK decides he'd rather try his hand at ice fishing in northern Ontario this winter, 1RW would be a fun spot to see Farabee :)

Yeah, it's hard to say. I think the safe bet without TK is definitely G/C/V up front. Certainly that would seem more likely than Voracek bumped to the third line.

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Yeah, it's hard to say. I think the safe bet without TK is definitely G/C/V up front. Certainly that would seem more likely than Voracek bumped to the third line.

Laughton/Patrick/Farabee could be a thing, assuming TK is out. 

G/C/V

JVR/KH/OL

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Laughton/Patrick/Farabee could be a thing, assuming TK is out. 

G/C/V

JVR/KH/OL

Yeah, that actually seems pretty likely right now. I really hope they can get TK back in though. I think he's a special player primed for a break out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I know it's way too early and he is still taking baby steps in the NHL, but sheeesh..... starts looking more and more like another waste of a 1st round pick.  So much potential and so little return.

Well the good news I guess is it will help negotiating a new contract...hopefully.

If anyone gets a small bridge deal it's this guy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I know it's way too early and he is still taking baby steps in the NHL, but sheeesh..... starts looking more and more like another waste of a 1st round pick.  So much potential and so little return.

I hear ya. If he has another 30 point season, it will definitely be cause for concern about his development, but that’s why Fletch went out and got Hayes. Patrick has not seized the 2C role, and who knows when he will. Could be a breakout year this season, or that could come next year or the year after. Either way, if Hayes keeps up his end of the bargain, we’ve got a heckuva 3C in Patrick and the luxury to let him develop at his own pace now. 

How long did it take Coots? His breakout season was his SEVENTH NHL season. He’d played well over 400 games and never cracked 40 points. I admit I felt it would never happen. But it did, when he was 25. 

So the way I see it is that we need SOMEONE to step up over the next few years and show that he can take over from Giroux. I don’t care who it is as long as someone does it. We’re gonna need a guy like that. 

• Like 2

I said it back at the time of Nolan Patrick's draft and I'll say it again - Cody Glass was the guy I hoped the Flyers would draft and I still stand by that to this day. Patrick has done nothing impressive and is incredibly brittle. I honestly expect another 35 point season from him and then I think he's gone at the draft.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 9/20/2019 at 5:09 PM, brelic said:

How long did it take Coots? His breakout season was his SEVENTH NHL season. He’d played well over 400 games and never cracked 40 points. I admit I felt it would never happen. But it did, when he was 25. 

This is true, but Couturier was never played in the 2C role that was handed to Patrick right after his jersey at the draft.

When Couturier was put into a scoring role, he immediately blossomed.

So, the same trajectory won't apply to Patrick. He could break out this season. Or next. Or at 25. Or never.

Now apparently we'll see if he can play 3C. Which is kind of like the opposite trajectory of Couturier...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, radoran said:

This is true, but Couturier was never played in the 2C role that was handed to Patrick right after his jersey at the draft.

Also, Couts had something to offer the team from the very beginning. Sure, it wasn't flashy, but he had some very important assignments, and he did them very well. Patrick has yet to really show much of anything. 

I'm not saying we should be rid of the guy or anything, only that this comparison seems a bad one to me. This is all without mentioning that Patrick was a 2nd overall pick who flirted with being 1st. Sure, it may turn out that was a weak draft year or something, but there are always expectations heaped upon a guy who is a top pick. Is it fair? No, it's not. But those expectations will continue to define him regardless.

This doesn't sound encouraging....

Vigneault said he has not asked for an update on Nolan Patrick; Chuck Fletcher will provide it when available. Said he does not anticipate Patrick will be on the trip to Europe but that isn't set in stone yet.

I'm wondering if he's sick and not injured. None of the things going on make any sense if he has an injury significant enough to keep him out of practice. He was skating hard and shooting. He played golf right before camp. None of these things add up. 

4 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I'm wondering if he's sick and not injured. None of the things going on make any sense if he has an injury significant enough to keep him out of practice. He was skating hard and shooting. He played golf right before camp. None of these things add up. 

Mono?

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Mono?

Possible, I guess. Vigneault did say something along the lines of "when this thing leaves him," which could be indicative of an illness, or just him putting the wrong English on what he wanted to say.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:33 AM, Digityman said:

healthy (Patrick) and get in the lineup for a 20-30 games

The only problem with this is that Patrick won't last 20-30 games.  That's inflated by a factor of 10.  He'll have 2-3 games, uninjured, and then it'll be wheels off and we're right back where we started......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OH1FlyersFan said:

The only problem with this is that Patrick won't last 20-30 games.  That's inflated by a factor of 10.  He'll have 2-3 games, uninjured, and then it'll be wheels off and we're right back where we started......

you got some lottery numbers too ?

hook a brother up !

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1