"Patrick Almost Not Injured Any More!"

RonJeremy

On 9/29/2019 at 10:00 AM, Poconono said:

Lindros without the skill or toughness.

Patrick has mad skill.  Hakstol was a terrible coach.  Keep that in mind.  

The other thing to keep in mind is that this isn't the same thing as CTE.  

This isn't what Lindros or Primeau or Pronger or Boogard or Andre Waters or those guys ran into.   Not yet anyway.  He could still develop that through further head injuries, but this is separate.  

His issue right now is not a concussion or fragility issue.  It's a chronic medical problem with a genetic component.  The concussions likely didn't help much, but they're not the cause of this.  This was almost definitely going to be a problem for him regardless of whether he'd ever had a concussion or not.  

I feel terrible for Patty because I think this was going to be a breakout year for him under Vigneault with better line mates, but now this is hanging over him.

Like many chronic problems, it is manageable through meds and lifestyle changes (like Bobby Clarke's Diabetes e.g.), but there are dangers in that too as the meds are abusable and can lead to problems.

Marijuana is a somewhat effective treatment as well, but the league won't permit that, so Patty will likely be stuck  with tricky prescription meds that I sincerely hope the team keeps a tight watch on.  I've read stories where very successful people with this same issue have gotten themselves into trouble with the meds... not because they get addicted per se or are chasing some high at all, but because they're under stress and trying to get through a certain stretch in particular.  

A young talent trying to prove he belongs seems like the perfect storm.  

Which is all to say that with any luck, Patty will be back and able to perform at a high level, but if and when that happens, it would be a HUGE mistake for the team to treat it like the end of the problem.  They need to work with him and help him and they don't have a very good track record with this kind of thing as we saw with Richie.  

On 9/26/2019 at 8:26 PM, OccamsRazor said:

But I have a say to and I am getting anxious as hell about moving this kid as soon as I got a decent offer.

I don't see anyone making an offer.  The risk is enormous considering the return.  Maybe there's a return several years from now when he can get the issue under control through medication, or maybe it never gets under control.  I think we're stuck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, OH1FlyersFan said:

I don't see anyone making an offer.  The risk is enormous considering the return.  Maybe there's a return several years from now when he can get the issue under control through medication, or maybe it never gets under control.  I think we're stuck.

If the issue can be controlled I don't think we'll mind. 

He's still young and he's highly skilled., he has some punk in his game. 

The organization didn't do him any favors by trading Schenn when they got that sweet #2 ping pong ball. 

That's all "wudder under the bridge"® radoran 

I think if he can get the issue under control he'll be very good for a long time. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, AJgoal said:

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1183092785550970881

Whatever phone. Patrick practicing with the team.

So I wonder what happens to him in regards to his contract?

I think it's safe to say he shouldn't be getting anywhere near what Nico just extended for 7 years 50.7 mill to me compared to production is a slight overpay if I say so myself.

But hey I guess the Devils have money to burn.

I guess first things first he needs to get back into the lineup first and go from there.

I think he gets no more if he comes back and last till the end of the season a 3 year deal.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So I wonder what happens to him in regards to his contract?

I think it's safe to say he shouldn't be getting anywhere near what Nico just extended for 7 years 50.7 mill to me compared to production is a slight overpay if I say so myself.

But hey I guess the Devils have money to burn.

I guess first things first he needs to get back into the lineup first and go from there.

I think he gets no more if he comes back and last till the end of the season a 3 year deal.

I think the "bridge deal" is the way to go for both sides. Patrick can try and earn a big pay day and the Flyers can cover their arse.

• Like 3

I have a feeling this may be a season in which we declare victory by parting with two of our first rounders, Morin and Patrick.  We might even part with Pitlick, another first rounder.  I guess first round status does not always equate to success.  

RE: Patrick

Does anyone know what is going on with him outside of a few doctors, Nolan & family and some Flyers officials ?

You know what nevernind, I'll answer for you.

No.

No one does, so the speculation about his future, and the subsequent lamentation about picking him, is based on zero knowledge beyond. 

"he has migraines" .

The pick is not a bust yet, the pick is not a success yet...jesus palamino, can people just be a little patient ? 

There is no new news, nothing has changed. He was week to week and is still week to week. 

shoulda traded the pick, i fear he's not going to....give it rest please. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

RE: Patrick

Does anyone know what is going on with him outside of a few doctors, Nolan & family and some Flyers officials ?

You know what nevernind, I'll answer for you.

No.

No one does, so the speculation about his future, and the subsequent lamentation about picking him, is based on zero knowledge beyond. 

"he has migraines" .

The pick is not a bust yet, the pick is not a success yet...jesus palamino, can people just be a little patient ? 

There is no new news, nothing has changed. He was week to week and is still week to week. 

shoulda traded the pick, i fear he's not going to....give it rest please. 

So, you're saying they should have just traded the pick? You have a migraine?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I have a feeling this may be a season in which we declare victory by parting with two of our first rounders, Morin and Patrick.  We might even part with Pitlick, another first rounder.  I guess first round status does not always equate to success.  

Correction: Pitlick is second round, Hartmann was first, sorry, getting senile.

Another problem in flyers organisation is selection players in draft, Him is another crystal ball. Time to move on this guy. He is done and never will be a impact player, he is just hurt forever. it's just waste of money. 

On 11/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, radoran said:

Alexander Daigle and Nail Yakupov say "hello"

:56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

Yes, but they're each saying it into a mirror while making kissy faces.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, phlfly said:

Another problem in flyers organisation is selection players in draft, Him is another crystal ball. Time to move on this guy. He is done and never will be a impact player, he is just hurt forever. it's just waste of money. 

Don't trade him.  Just take him out back and tell him the story about the rabbits and then shoot him in the head.

Stupid migraine bas###d!   That's what a headache feels like, sissypants!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Don't trade him.  Just take him out back and tell him the story about the rabbits and then shoot him in the head.

Stupid migraine bas###d!   That's what a headache feels like, sissypants!

all those guys he mentioned, my God it s f ing true. Patrick need to go and organization needed to have ball to tell his agent, parents and him he is done he will never be a NHL star. They need to make deal pay few millions to guy and let him volunteer retirement due health problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think Patrick plays at all in 2019-20. Sorry i just feel that is the case.

So if that is the case i wonder how that will affect him contract wise for next year??

$7.25/hr. plus tips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2