Konecny Signed

CoachX

We needed a new thread:

Looks like he took my advice and signed. Smart kid

Its probably way too much money for far too long a term. Now we will have trouble moving him when we draft some kid who might be good some day

Fletcher is an idiot

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

WTF Fletcher?!? Are you outta yer friggin mind you @#%&ing @#%&!

Wait....that's not so bad. Has potential to be a steal...and ok at worst. Good signing.

Yeah, this is basically a slightly richer version of the Couturier deal (6.75% of the cap vs. 6.07% at the time of signing for Couturier). Even if Konecny doesn't improve at all, it's a fair deal. If he gets into the 30/60 range due to full time first line play or an improved PP2, it'll be a bargain.

• Like 3

Now we can turn the page from any potential distractions, and focus on the remainder of preseason and getting off to a great start in the regular season. I think 5.5 mil over 6 years is a great deal for both sides. Please don't trade Konecny and a pick for Ryan Kesler, Chuck.

• Like 1

KONECNY IS SUK!!  :ph34r:
(And I only say that because this signing just means he won't be a member of the Bolts or Wild anytime soon)  ;)

With all the crazy rates for players going around these days, $5.5M for a 22 yr old with very good upside seems like a bargain.

Travis has improved every year in every league he has been in (and yes, I am counting the OHL), has done so in the NHL, and has even shown a streak of consistency having his last two seasons in the NHL be almost identical production-wise: 47 and 49 points respectively.

Obviously, The Fly would like to see maybe 60-65 pts out of this guy (and they may get it), but if he puts up, say another 49 pt season with a bit better defensive play to go along with it, I'd say that would be a successful season as well.

Easily one of my favorite players from another team....good ol Travis Connect-Me. :biggrin:

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

improved every year in every league he has been in (and yes, I am counting the OHL)

REPORTED.

Everybody knows that just because you score 1,000 pts in Jr., it doesn't mean jack. It's not even really the same game. Sure it's on ice and all, but basically a totally different sport. 

Edited by Podein25
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

REPORTED.

Everybody knows that just because you score 1,000 pts in Jr., it doesn't mean jack. It's not even really the same game. Sure it's on ice and all, but basically a totally different sport. 

Fantastic.
So...I suppose NOW you are gonna tell me that just because I am a Vezinette quality goalie in street ball hockey, that I really can't play for my national women's hockey team???

Pffft….. :ph34r:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, vis said:

Good signing.  

Who thinks he’s here for the duration of the contract?

I think he's here for at least 5, he could wind up in Brandon Saad territory by the time this is done, he'd be older, but I like the idea of having both him and Provorov for several of their "prime" years. 

So I will be the sucker and say I do.

11 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What, traded 5 times in 3 years, mostly back and forth between the same two teams?

Well, to be honest, I thought the Hawks were a bit idiotic to trade away Saad in the first place.
Hopefully, Flyers fans won't have to see that sort of short sightedness with regards to Konecny.

Team seems to be trending upward, he is a young player who hasn't seen his ceiling yet, Philly should just now stick with him for the duration...……..UNLESS, they'd like to trade him to the Wild for Kevin Fiala… 😁

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What, traded 5 times in 3 years, mostly back and forth between the same two teams?

Saad 's payday was going into his prime years, the 'hawks couldn't afford him. 

So they traded him? I thought he left via F/A either way, he was a homegrown kid the 'hawks couldn't keep, the 'flyers won't have to think about that with Konecny .

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Saad 's payday was going into his prime years, the 'hawks couldn't afford him. 

So they traded him? I thought he left via F/A either way, he was a homegrown kid the 'hawks couldn't keep, the 'flyers won't have to think about that with Konecny .

Saad was a serious OS candidate. Hawks were capped out before free agency even started, so they moved him rather than risk losing him to an offer sheet that could have been very low on the compensation scale.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Yeah, this is basically a slightly richer version of the Couturier deal (6.75% of the cap vs. 6.07% at the time of signing for Couturier). Even if Konecny doesn't improve at all, it's a fair deal. If he gets into the 30/60 range due to full time first line play or an improved PP2, it'll be a bargain.

Speaking to that, wondering what Couturier will be down for when he comes up at 28 with multiple 30/70 seasons. One 20 goal and one 50 point apparently gets you $7.1M today (8.7% cap hit)...

🤗

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Speaking to that, wondering what Couturier will be down for when he comes up at 28 with multiple 30/70 seasons. One 20 goal and one 50 point apparently gets you $7.1M today (8.7% cap hit)...

🤗

I've been wondering about that, myself. With Giroux up at the same time, will we essentially see a flip of what they're making, assuming Giroux slows down and wants to stay a Flyer?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Fantastic.
So...I suppose NOW you are gonna tell me that just because I am a Vezinette quality goalie in street ball hockey, that I really can't play for my national women's hockey team???

Pffft….. :ph34r:

In todays gender neutral society you can play for whoever you want

19 hours ago, Podein25 said:

REPORTED.

We also know that in Philly, you can play out of your mind good one season, then have a dud the next. This will get you a one way ticket to anywhere by flyer fans, regardless of who you are

👻👻👻👻👻👻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

We also know that in Philly, you can play out of your mind good one season, then have a dud the next. This will get you a one way ticket to anywhere by flyer fans, regardless of who you are

👻👻👻👻👻👻

Also in Philly, they can find out you had a dud 80 years ago and boot you out of the city.