Observation from tonight's game

RonJeremy

7 hours ago, Digityman said:

I'm honestly done with this team.   They had all summer to prepare and they put on a showing like this....to the Islanders of all teams.   The first line was atrocious.   Giroux, yet again, came up small they needed him the most.  The guy is a bum and should have been traded long ago.  Cooter - don't even get me started.    Patrick is a soft as a piece of bread he was unnoticeable out there.

Patrick was unnoticeable because he wasnt playing,  bit if he was he would have been just as noticeable as the rest of the team.

Thanks Digity!

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Who is the woman doing color on the islanders' game tonight (Tuesday)?

She's very knowledgeable. But she's horrible to listen to. Anyone heard her before? Just a bad night? Stumbling and bumbling like Steve Coates. 

I could be wrong but I think that's A.J. Mleczko. 

EDIT:  It is A.J.  

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

So since I can't watch, I'm watching the Leafs play the Sens. Marner skating around, goes from the blueline back down below his own net, comes out, and casually loses the puck right up the middle for Ottawa to get the go-ahead goal. I know it's pre-season, but it made me smile.

Don't tell my wife.

12 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

So since I can't watch, I'm watching the Leafs play the Sens. Marner skating around, goes from the blueline back down below his own net, comes out, and casually loses the puck right up the middle for Ottawa to get the go-ahead goal. I know it's pre-season, but it made me smile.

Don't tell my wife.

Why can't you watch?  There's a youtube link above that Digityman posted.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Who is the woman doing color on the islanders' game tonight (Tuesday)?

She's very knowledgeable. But she's horrible to listen to. Anyone heard her before? Just a bad night? Stumbling and bumbling like Steve Coates. 

Its all part of the new diverse America , diverse meaning, less white men ...I cant stand listening to her either. They dont have a token male on the View,  dont force a female on us hockey fans.

• Like 1

N.AK looked solid, especially as one of the few who actually took it to the islanders at 3 on 3.

He did nice passes and looked like a player that can make a difference on the ice if he can have 2 other players on his line that can keep up.

Kase as well.

Morin looked solid in yesterdays game as well.

There were a few who stood out Kase, Rubtsov, NAK, Raffl, Laughton Friedman, Hagg and Sanheim.

And even with a few of them by mentioning their names i just saw hey they were playing they didn't stand out in a good way or bad way as far as Friedman and Hagg go.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Kase, Rubtsov, NAK, Raffl, Laughton Friedman, Hagg and Sanheim.

What struck me about Laughton on a couple of occasions last night was how incredibly slow he looked.   He looked like he was skating in Jello next to people around him.   I guess I've noticed that before, but I'm not sure.  It was eye-opening to me.

Hagg was Hagg.   I thought Sanheim played well but didn't exactly stand out.

Kase, Rubtsov, NAK, and Friedman all stood out to me.  I didn't think anything of Kase coming into camp, but he's done a nice job so far.

Raffl was Raffl.

I can't really say there is much to write about either "game."  They both seemed like a practice where they were keeping score.

Dobson looked really very good on the Islanders.  Wahlstrom was okay.  The woman in the booth, AJ Mleczko, knows her stuff.  She just needs to be able to get it out of her face without mangling it.  Maybe it was jitters, I don't know.  But she was painful to listen to.