Observation from tonight's game

RonJeremy

Ratcliffe has the puck , hes coming down the left side , he loses control of puck but continues to skate and pursue the puck ...the defender is in his way  and the puck is near the defender , he checks him to the ice ..they call an interference penalty on Ratcliffe.  Did anyone see this joke of a penalty? The pussification of the NHL has hit an all time low.

Morin, Zamula and Rubstov look good tonight. 

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 2

This group of Flyers has some size .

Phil Myers skates so well, my goodness. Farabee is fun to watch on the forecheck, and the puck seems go his way a lot --He looks legit. 

Igor Zamula doesn't look out of place or rushed, he's got some shimmy to his game too. 

I have only watched the 1st so far.  

This group looks pretty good, #51 is pretty frisky,  Rubstov and Voyrobyev look like they want to play in Phi this season too...seems like there are plenty of good choices available. 

I watched 2.5 periods before the power went out. Kind of a random time to lose power - must be those darn squirrels again (or so they tell me... and I wish I were kidding).

A few observations... 

- Kevin Hayes was probably the best player on the ice for either team. Very impressed with his game.

- Zamula, Myers, Rubtsov had strong games and stood out. Of the three, Zamula was the most impressive.

- Farabee had a few decent opportunities, but his line was mostly ineffective. Ratcliffe was a non-factor.

- Ghost looked lost, Braun looked pretty decent.

- PP was not good; PK was excellent, Hayes in particular.

It will get more interesting once the roster gets a healthy trim.

• Like 1

I'm honestly done with this team.   They had all summer to prepare and they put on a showing like this....to the Islanders of all teams.   The first line was atrocious.   Giroux, yet again, came up small they needed him the most.  The guy is a bum and should have been traded long ago.  Cooter - don't even get me started.    Patrick is a soft as a piece of bread he was unnoticeable out there.  

Everyone keeps speaking of these oh so wonderful kids coming - "The future is coming" - Yea, right.   Where were they as they got their ass handed to them by a inferior team.  I didn't see any kids stepping up.   Not one of them scored.    What are they going to tell us next?  Wait another year and help is on the way?  

Typical Flyers BS.  Just another year of lack-luster performances.

/s

Edited by Digityman

42 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Lol. Exhausted from counting their Benjamins no doubt. Small sample size. Of pre-season hockey. 

Wake me in November when they are 4-10-3

and i'll bet a hundred dollars american they do the same tonight!

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

I'm honestly done with this team.   They had all summer to prepare and they put on a showing like this....to the Islanders of all teams.   The first line was atrocious.   Giroux, yet again, came up small they needed him the most.  The guy is a bum and should have been traded long ago.  Cooter - don't even get me started.    Patrick is a soft as a piece of bread he was unnoticeable out there.  

Everyone keeps speaking of these oh so wonderful kids coming - "The future is coming" - Yea, right.   Where were they as they got their ass handed to them by a inferior team.  I didn't see any kids stepping up.   Not one of them scored.    What are they going to tell us next?  Wait another year and help is on the way?  

Typical Flyers BS.  Just another year of lack-luster performances.

/s

SO...I gotta say. I was thoroughly BORED at the end of the 1st (as was my 7 year old son).....Just BORING hockey. Which was the entire last season in my opinion! Also, chasing the game from period 1. Same as last year....

Powerplay was horrible.....JUST LIKE LAST YEAR.

HOWEVER, I chalked this up to 1st pre-season game and I HONESTLY did not even realize Giroux was playing last night. Seriously. I had no idea he was even in the lineup!

That being said, I'm going to reserve judgement about this "new" team until game 10. Gonna give them 10 games....THEN I'm done. Not gonna waste another $145 bucks this season on NHL Center ice only to fast forward through period after period of listless hockey.

Come on AV.....Coach this **** out of this team!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

They had all summer to prepare and they put on a showing like this

Well, honestly, they had a total of three days.  Not all summer.  It's the first preseason game.  Rusty legs, etc.   The first couple are just about getting sea legs and for some bubble players to try to stand out.  They only keep score so they can charge admission (some would pay even if they didn't!)

2 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Powerplay was horrible

Well yes, but they haven't even worked on the power play yet.   Early stages is largely "system" stuff.

user aclee has been streaming the games. https://www.reddit.com/r/Flyers/

there's a game day thread about an hour before start time at that subreddit, and aclee will post a link to his stream in the comments. be careful about getting to his page from other sources as YouTube will shut his feed down for everyone.

Edited by mkscrewy

Tonight's Flyers game roster:

Forwards:
10 Andy Andreoff
12 Michael Raffl
21 Scott Laughton
29 Kurtis Gabriel
62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
72 David Kase
78 Matthew Strome
81 Carsen Twarynski
82 Connor Bunnaman

Defensemen (one will be an extra)
6 Travis Sanheim
8 Robert Hägg
20 Chris Bigras
26 Tyler Wotherspoon
39 Nate Prosser
43 TJ Brennan
59 Mark Friedman

Goalies
79 Carter Hart (starting)
35 J.F. Berube

yes its on T V .. Nbcsp

bet G has a better game tonight then last .....

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well, honestly, they had a total of three days.  Not all summer.  It's the first preseason game.  Rusty legs, etc.   The first couple are just about getting sea legs and for some bubble players to try to stand out.  They only keep score so they can charge admission (some would pay even if they didn't!)

Tiny little /s at the end as brelic said.......