Wild vs Stars Preseason 9/26

IllaZilla

10 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Wow. The Dallas guys were actually critical of the Stars. Never see Lapanta or Greenlay do that...

Lapanta and Grrenlay don't do much of anything. Also Hartman has been really good this preseason

Edited by bbgarnett

Nice defensive work. Possibly this is how the season will look like if the Wild is competitive. Lots of real tight games. I didn't see much of this game and had to listen to it on the radio. I do like how Hartman had played and feel that Zuc is an upgrade compared to Granny.

3 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Nice defensive work. Possibly this is how the season will look like if the Wild is competitive. Lots of real tight games. I didn't see much of this game and had to listen to it on the radio. I do like how Hartman had played and feel that Zuc is an upgrade compared to Granny.

I watched it for a period. A few observations:

- the Stars had Klingberg, Janmark, Benn, Lindell, Polak scratched, the Wild Staal - enough said

- Zuccarello has hands but he goes like a shy kid asking for candy on a Halloween night to corners. If he continues to play like that, soft like Pominville, he has to be one helluva player outside the perimeter to be effective and an upgrade over Granny (who at times went to the corners head first which obviously is not recommended either)

- for that 20 minutes there were horrible amount of turnovers, puck flying all over the place. IMO both teams lacked many good qualities in their game.

How much did the poor viewers pay to see that show...🙄

But yeah, I would say this game didn't remove the "bottom feeder" label detached to the Wild. Still early days, lynx.