HF.net ALL STAR FHL 2019-20 Season Discussion

pilldoc

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Hard fought match between our teams.  After being down most of the week I scratched out a 8-8 tie.  Last minute additions of Lowry and Russell helped get me that tie.  A little disappointed in my goalies but overall I cant complain.  A very tough league with many talented GM's as evidenced by the difference between 2nd and 9th is 8 pts.  Like usual @yave1964 off to another flying start.

Up next ... @J0e Th0rnton ...should be another great match-up .. good luck J0e!

• Like 2

I was really pleased with myself in coming out of this week with a win.  I was down--and by a lot--all week.  And to do it with a team that, frankly, isn't actually very good.    I'll take it.

To All,

@yave1964 brought up a really good point.  When we changed the number of moves from 5 to 6 we did not increase the maxium number of moves for the season.  Currently it is at 80 as a cap limit.  Any thoughts on bumping that up to 100 moves for the season.

Let me know quickly so I can change it.

thanks

~doc

39 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

To All,

@yave1964 brought up a really good point.  When we changed the number of moves from 5 to 6 we did not increase the maxium number of moves for the season.  Currently it is at 80 as a cap limit.  Any thoughts on bumping that up to 100 moves for the season.

Let me know quickly so I can change it.

thanks

~doc

Personally, I'd be ok with leaving it as 80 moves total.
I suppose GMs that are prone to making more moves would want the total raised though.

Wouldn't bother me either way, but I'd say leave it at 80....just means people will need to be a bit more judicious when making moves.
I.E. less of those, "let me pick a guy up then drop him so no one can else can pick him up this week until the waiver period is over" type maneuvers, lest you burn yourself near season's end when you find yourself with less moves available.

If you ARE going to move up the amount of moves and want to keep it proportionate to the 5 we had before, then the cap limit is exactly 96. Not sure if yahoo lets you do that or you have to do "round numbers" like 80, 90, or 100....but 96 would be the correct number to keep things in scale while moving up to more moves per week and per season as shown by 5/80 = 6/x, where X is the amount of moves for the season scaled up from 80

I'd have argued to not change the moves per week and to increase the season total.

But I'm kind of leave it as is and see what it does.   I have no problem with whatever is decided on it, though.

Edited by ruxpin

My druthers would be to raise it to 80, if owners feel that is too high maybe we could meet in the middle at 90. Nahana which has only 4 moves per week has 90 total moves just saying 80 seems a bit thin.

• Like 1

From trade central (No, not HOCKEY CENTRAL...they have their heads too far up Toronto's rear to notice anything but what Mitch Marner is having for breakfast this morning :ph34r: ).....

The PA40's get:
C/RW - Willie Nylander
C---  Evgeny Kuznetsov

The Green Star Blades get:
RW - Patric Hornqvist
C-- Ryan Johansen

PA40's get goals and PPP with some middling FOW....while the Blades get a potpourri of categories covered by the Pittsburgh winger and Nashville center.

OFMG ... I did not realize the carnage from last night was this bad ..... @ruxpin  you should win at least 2 goalie categories no sweat.

Bob absolutely crapped the bed with my goalie stats:

image.png.3b15e59570de356c8587b0f7261cef60.png

8.76 GAA and 0.667 SV% ---- there is NO FREAKING WAY I salvage these stats ......

Edited by pilldoc

18 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

OFMG ... I did not realize the carnage from last night was this bad ..... @ruxpin  you should win at least 2 goalie categories no sweat.

Bob absolutely crapped the bed with my goalie stats:

image.png.3b15e59570de356c8587b0f7261cef60.png

8.76 GAA and 0.667 SV% ---- there is NO FREAKING WAY I salvage these stats ......

Wasn't entirely on Bob though...
He was brought in because MONTEMBEAULT the backup crapped the bed... Bob was brought in to "settle things down", and he did give up two goals on only 6 shots faced, before Montembeault was brought back in again.

If Bob have been left in, his stats would have looked much better.

Imagine being Bobrovsky, having a cappuccino on the bench, when the head coach says, "Bob...get into this 4-0 game not even halfway through the first period"
Then after Bob takes the two goal hit and attempts to smooth out the numbers, he gets taken BACK out, Montembeault back in...

It was all messed up... Bob has ugly numbers, you have broken weekly stats, and Bob's cappuccino is ice cold now......
Blame Joel Quenneville.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wasn't entirely on Bob though...
He was brought in because MONTEMBEAULT the backup crapped the bed... Bob was brought in to "settle things down", and he did give up two goals on only 6 shots faced, before Montembeault was brought back in again.

Oh yeah ... I totally forgot about that ......I was gonna pick up Mr. Montefumblulee as a streaming option ....  Thank God I didn't do it!

Thanks for walking me off the ledge .....regardless ..... my goalies stats are screwed in both All Star and Conn Smythe .....

10 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

It was all messed up... Bob has ugly numbers, you have broken weekly stats, and Bob's cappuccino is ice cold now......
Blame Joel Quenneville

That pretty much sums it up ...... :rage:

Edited by pilldoc

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

you should win at least 2 goalie categories no sweat.

In all seriousness, Bob didn't take the loss and his GAA was only for like half or 3/4 of a period, so that's erasable.   The SV% was on a small number of shots, so that can be absorbed, too.   I just saw TFG's post, so that's been covered.  Yeah, be grateful you didn't pick up TotemBot or your week would be done in goal.

53 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Fixed it.

Well, ok, maybe....for this game.
I still think Bob can turn things around, but he is finding out REAL QUICK that the Panther defense is nothing like the one he had in Columbus.

I watched that game between Fla and Van...the Canucks were just all over the Panthers. Not sure there was much any goalie could do under those circumstances.

Just freaking great (sarcasm font)  .....  now Muzzin goes out with a leg injury .:mad:

I swear my team is starting to look like a M*A*S*H Unit .....

Muzzin (DTD) - leg injury

Blais (DTD) - undisclosed injury

Rantanen (IR) - week to week lower body injury

F. Forsberh (DTD) - lower body injury - but soon to return

"Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard".

"Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard".

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Good call.... otherwise your goalie categories would have gone down the toilet...

It was an auto start players.   I didn't even look to see who was starting tonight.   lol

• 2 weeks later...

W1-  9-8-1

W2-  8-8-2

W3- 10-4-4

W4-  8-7-3

W5-  8-7-3

Those are the records for the first five weeks for the Green Star Blades.
With the exception of week 3, been treading water, just barely nipping my opponents and escaping with the win.

Or, I guess I could look at it as, "I've played my opponents tough and in the end, pulled out the victory"

Or, I did just enough to win, my opponent didn't do quite enough to win.

Or......

You get the idea.
My team isn't elite...but it isn't bad. Middling.
Better to eek out wins than to lose them or get blown out right? I suppose....but right now, that wouldn't bode well if I had to take on some of the more powerful teams in All Stars (looking at YOU, @yave1964) :) 

So I sit in middling 5th, with my middling record, while teams that have fantastic weeks rush on past me in the standings, and those that have bad weeks sink below me in the standings, and the following week, others fall from the top below me, while others below, go right to the top......and there I am....always in the middle...in 5th.... well, sorta top half of the league...errr, yet still, bottom half of the top six needed to stay in the league..... arrrghhh...it is just all so..... middling.... :shifty: 

Anyways...this isn't really a rant...but it isn't a boast either. It is a "middle ground" post on the state of the Blades.
Average, maybe above average....good enough to perhaps make the post season, but not good enough to win anything.
FFS, my team feels like early 2010's Minnesota Wild or 90's St. Louis Blues...….. :ph34r: 

Well, let's see what we do this week against my frenemy @ruxpin and his Hell Bears.
I could do really well...I could just have yet another middling week....or I could be due for a shellacking.

If there is ANYONE who knows about being all  over the competitive map, it's that man... :bigteeth: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

W1-  9-8-1

W2-  8-8-2

W3- 10-4-4

W4-  8-7-3

W5-  8-7-3

Those are the records for the first five weeks for the Green Star Blades.
With the exception of week 3, been treading water, just barely nipping my opponents and escaping with the win.

Or, I guess I could look at it as, "I've played my opponents tough and in the end, pulled out the victory"

Or, I did just enough to win, my opponent didn't do quite enough to win.

Or......

You get the idea.
My team isn't elite...but it isn't bad. Middling.
Better to eek out wins than to lose them or get blown out right? I suppose....but right now, that wouldn't bode well if I had to take on some of the more powerful teams in All Stars (looking at YOU, @yave1964) :) 

So I sit in middling 5th, with my middling record, while teams that have fantastic weeks rush on past me in the standings, and those that have bad weeks sink below me in the standings, and the following week, others fall from the top below me, while others below, go right to the top......and there I am....always in the middle...in 5th.... well, sorta top half of the league...errr, yet still, bottom half of the top six needed to stay in the league..... arrrghhh...it is just all so..... middling.... :shifty: 

Anyways...this isn't really a rant...but it isn't a boast either. It is a "middle ground" post on the state of the Blades.
Average, maybe above average....good enough to perhaps make the post season, but not good enough to win anything.
FFS, my team feels like early 2010's Minnesota Wild or 90's St. Louis Blues...….. :ph34r: 

Well, let's see what we do this week against my frenemy @ruxpin and his Hell Bears.
I could do really well...I could just have yet another middling week....or I could be due for a shellacking.

If there is ANYONE who knows about being all  over the competitive map, it's that man... :bigteeth: 

It is really close between 2nd and 7th by 8 points.... heck I only have you by 1 point sitting 4th.  The fact of the matter is we are all very talented and seasoned GM’s. This is a great competitive league. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

It is really close between 2nd and 7th by 8 points.... heck I only have you by 1 point sitting 4th.  The fact of the matter is we are all very talented and seasoned GM’s. This is a great competitive league. 

I'm mesquite flavored.....what about you?  :ph34r: