47 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm mesquite flavored.....what about you?  :ph34r: 

LOL !!!!

depends on what I’m BBQ’ing...

apple / cherry / hickory for chicken  and ribs 

apple / pecan for pork

hickory / apple for pulled pork 

oak / mesquite for beef ribs and brisket 

mesquite is great ... just have to be careful and not overdue it since it is a very powerful flavor...

i cant wait till I get my new Traeger pellet smoker! Yum!!!

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

LOL !!!!

depends on what I’m BBQ’ing...

apple / cherry / hickory for chicken  and ribs 

apple / pecan for pork

hickory / apple for pulled pork 

oak / mesquite for beef ribs and brisket 

mesquite is great ... just have to be careful and not overdue it since it is a very powerful flavor...

i cant wait till I get my new Traeger pellet smoker! Yum!!!

Yep..that's me... 5'5 and power packed...haha.

And oh boy....got you going on the grilling thing now, didn't I?  Bad, bad, BAD TFG... :biggrin: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Someone sent me a trade offer and I smashed accept when I saw it. I think it was Rux lol

Yes. It's funny you didn't counter because I probably would have gone up.  You did fine, but I was actually surprised by the accept. 

I've gotten used to FD wanting Jesus Christ for Jared, from Subway. 

• Haha 1

Just now, pilldoc said:

Holy Crap .... is that finally a Timo sighting!

image.png.95db6b8605c7dc7b5d7f401b431a844b.png

Yeah, he's really come on lately.  Dubnyk is actually playing better, too (though his team stinks), but I wanted both halves of the Edmonton net. 

Just now, ruxpin said:

Yeah, he's really come on lately.  Dubnyk is actually playing better, too (though his team stinks), but I wanted both halves of the Edmonton net. 

In other news ... I am summarily getting the living crap kicked out of me like I am @yave1964 personal punching bag.

image.thumb.png.855b716dec6d529ac97ff2b07df61e51.png

this is down right fugly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I am rather starved on the peripheral categories due to autodraft so a slight downgrade in goal to acquire Meier, who I have a huge love for due to his moose days was a quick accept

@ruxpin

Interesting match up we have going on... you continue to hang with either a tie score, or a one or two category lead.
I have most goalie cats locked down, except saves and wins is still up in the air with me holding a slight edge..

When we tie, I need one cat obviously to overturn to my favor....but most cats you DO have you have by quite a bit.
I will need to have a bit of an outburst, while your guys quiet down a bit, JUST so I can possibly steal away yet ANOTHER middling 9-8-1 type win... lol.... welcome to my world, The Green Star Middling Blades.... where we sit in middling 5th...doing middling things like, just barely nip opponents on a Sunday...never really doing bad, but never really doing elite...….. just....in...the middle.... :bigteeth: 

As for that PIMs category... was wondering how the heck you ended up with so many...though you might have picked up Andrei Nazarov or Jody Shelly off retirement waivers... but no.... your Brendan Lemieux had been very...errr, Lemieux-like... 19 mins in PIMs just in one game.... for shame... :shifty: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

28 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26

This close back and forth stuff has been the story of my season so far in both leagues. It's kind of why I'm mid-pack in both leagues. 

I don't like it. 

Maybe if I trade Draisaitl for Seth Jones straight up. That ought to right my ship

Right? 

Absolutely!
It'll "right your ship" into the rocks and out of the playoffs....and you will be playing against JimmyDozens and CammyCamera in the Junior league next year... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, I traded Slavin, who has been a disappointment to me but has produced better recently, for Klefbom, who is a little cold lately.

But I really couldn't figure out why the hell not, so I pulled the trigger.   Mostly because I'm really deficient in peripherals and Klefbom is still producing there even while he's not gathering points.

• Like 1

Against my better judgement and instincts, I went ahead and picked up Louis Domingue for a quick, sneaky start today against the often-times struggling Buffalo offense.

Well, two shots, two goals by the Sabres against Domingue.

That'll learn me..... DON'T trust Domingue OR the NJ Devils...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 goals now not even 10 minutes in against the Devils....

25.90 GAA and a .500 Sv%
^%$# you, Domingue...
The TB offense CARRIED your arse last season and I can see why they buried you in the minors then traded you for a 7th round pick!! 
🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 goals in the 1st period.
Normally, I'd say something like, "Unbelievable",  but we are talking Domingue and talking Devils here.....it's very believable.
I gotta own this one because I KNEW I shouldn't have picked up Domingue, but did it anyways trying to push Lady Luck a bit.
Well, apparently, she doesn't like being pushed. Can't say I blame her.

This dude may have single handedly wrecked my goalie cats for the week.
And I thought Price did a crazy job of that last week....this looks worse.

Crawford and the Blackhawks BETTER show up later on to offset some of this garbage....

Just now, pilldoc said:

:PopcornSmiley2: watching @TropicalFruitGirl26 rants! :PopcornSmiley2:

OMG ...LOL I'm in stitch's right now LOL

Well, you guys gotta realize... I don't normally do the "goalie streaming" thing.
I've seen guys like Rad, Yave, Rux, Jammer and you do it with moderate to great success, but I never quite got the hang of it.

So I go and try it...and BAM!!
I get "Domingued" or is that "Deviled"? Like an egg.
Whatever...

This went against everything I was thinking... "Leave it alone, leave it alone...lady, just leave it alone..."
But noooo, I had to go and do it.....and I couldn't take a chance on like, a Jake Allen, or a Jonathan Quick...hell, even a Georgiev who is losing now too would have been better than Louis Debacle...

Guess there was a reason none of you were touching Louie, Louie and was left sitting there for me to bite on...
Like cheese. In a mouse trap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, you guys gotta realize... I don't normally do the "goalie streaming" thing.
I've seen guys like Rad, Yave, Rux, Jammer and you do it with moderate to great success, but I never quite got the hang of it.

Believe it or not that is how I beat @InsideEdge this past week.  I streamed Subban and Georgiev ...  I am learning from the master's ! ;)

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 2