You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

HF.net ALL STAR FHL 2019-20 Season Discussion

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Hard fought match between our teams.  After being down most of the week I scratched out a 8-8 tie.  Last minute additions of Lowry and Russell helped get me that tie.  A little disappointed in my goalies but overall I cant complain.  A very tough league with many talented GM's as evidenced by the difference between 2nd and 9th is 8 pts.  Like usual @yave1964 off to another flying start.

Up next ... @J0e Th0rnton ...should be another great match-up .. good luck J0e!

• Like 2

I was really pleased with myself in coming out of this week with a win.  I was down--and by a lot--all week.  And to do it with a team that, frankly, isn't actually very good.    I'll take it.

To All,

@yave1964 brought up a really good point.  When we changed the number of moves from 5 to 6 we did not increase the maxium number of moves for the season.  Currently it is at 80 as a cap limit.  Any thoughts on bumping that up to 100 moves for the season.

Let me know quickly so I can change it.

thanks

~doc

39 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

To All,

@yave1964 brought up a really good point.  When we changed the number of moves from 5 to 6 we did not increase the maxium number of moves for the season.  Currently it is at 80 as a cap limit.  Any thoughts on bumping that up to 100 moves for the season.

Let me know quickly so I can change it.

thanks

~doc

Personally, I'd be ok with leaving it as 80 moves total.
I suppose GMs that are prone to making more moves would want the total raised though.

Wouldn't bother me either way, but I'd say leave it at 80....just means people will need to be a bit more judicious when making moves.
I.E. less of those, "let me pick a guy up then drop him so no one can else can pick him up this week until the waiver period is over" type maneuvers, lest you burn yourself near season's end when you find yourself with less moves available.

If you ARE going to move up the amount of moves and want to keep it proportionate to the 5 we had before, then the cap limit is exactly 96. Not sure if yahoo lets you do that or you have to do "round numbers" like 80, 90, or 100....but 96 would be the correct number to keep things in scale while moving up to more moves per week and per season as shown by 5/80 = 6/x, where X is the amount of moves for the season scaled up from 80

I'd have argued to not change the moves per week and to increase the season total.

But I'm kind of leave it as is and see what it does.   I have no problem with whatever is decided on it, though.

Edited by ruxpin

My druthers would be to raise it to 80, if owners feel that is too high maybe we could meet in the middle at 90. Nahana which has only 4 moves per week has 90 total moves just saying 80 seems a bit thin.

• Like 1

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

A couple of thoughts on last nights draft.   First, sad for j0e, hope all is well and that things work out for him and his Dad.   Glad there is another Wings fan, saw he drafted Mantha and a few ex wings. HAH! Beat him to Larkin, lol   @TropicalFruitGirl26 felt bad for j0e not being there so she drafted his centers, lol.   Usually @pilldoc between us draft Backstrom and Monahan, around December I start offering him one for the other, around January he says
      As @yave1964 so eloquently said to me in chat last night:  Bite me.  😎  
      That would be @Hale  a co-worker who also joined us in our nhl draft this spring, a rather knowlegeable hockey fan for sure.  He won the Conn Smythe last season,  just saying...     Thank you,  and yes my strategy.  Come in unprepared and ... wing it.         I guess I'm doing something right as no one has yet figured out this onthefly strategy.   🤣      @J0e Th0rnton  we missed you bud,  hope you didn't get too many reject players.  
      Feel for ya J0e... But knowing you, you will patch something together...squeak into the playoffs, make life miserable for us spreadsheet prepared GMs, and play the Cinderella card to the hilt!  Good luck, my friend.
      My reasoning for the trade:   I was bored.
      @TropicalFruitGirl26   Hard fought match between our teams.  After being down most of the week I scratched out a 8-8 tie.  Last minute additions of Lowry and Russell helped get me that tie.  A little disappointed in my goalies but overall I cant complain.  A very tough league with many talented GM's as evidenced by the difference between 2nd and 9th is 8 pts.  Like usual @yave1964 off to another flying start.   Up next ... @J0e Th0rnton ...should be another great match-up ..

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name