HF.net ALL STAR FHL 2019-20 Season Discussion

pilldoc

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Guess there was a reason none of you were touching Louie, Louie and was left sitting there for me to bite on...
Like cheese. In a mouse trap.

The evil plan worked!

I can laugh, but I'm stuck holding two goalie tandems that are pushing my team down the toilet.

17 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Aaaaand Corey Crawford is NOT helping matters any.
He is down 2-0 after 1

It could be worse.  You could have Blackwood, who it's clear will not have another day off until he's bleeding from multiple limbs.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It could be worse.  You could have Blackwood, who it's clear will not have another day off until he's bleeding from multiple limbs.

I saw where Domingue was pulled in favor of Blackwood...with MacKenzie not faring too much better.
That was the best bit of good news so far today as my opponent this week, HF, has Blackwood.

Still though, MacKenzie's numbers are better than Domingue's for this game.

Lehner being out with an illness saddled me with Crawford against the Blues, not a match up liked, but had no choice and figured, "Hey, Craw doesn't have to win....just not get blown up"
Remains to be seen how much further damage will be done by him though.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I saw where Domingue was pulled in favor of Blackwood...with MacKenzie not faring any better.
That was the best bit of good news so far today as my opponent this week, HF, has Blackwood.

Still though, MacKenzie's numbers are better than Domingue's for this game.

Lehner being out with an illness saddled me with Crawford against the Blues, not a match up liked, but had no choice and figured, "Hey, Craw doesn't have to win....just not get blown up"
Remains to be seen how much further damage will be done by him though.

When the number of digits to the left of the decimal is as many as those to the right, you know you've made a goaltending mistake.

• Haha 1

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well yes...like I said earlier... Domingue has a GAA that would make Wall Street investors giddy...

Especially if they bought Office Depot at $1.19

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well yes...like I said earlier... Domingue has a GAA that would make Wall Street investors giddy...

Wow the Buffalo Bills ermmm I mean the Sabres put a TD on the devils.... ouch

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26 

that is some ugly GAA.... ouch

It is, but it's salvageable if Crawford shuts it down the rest of the way or only gives up one more.   I know 5 goals is ugly, but it's one period.  If TFG gets enough starts the rest of the week and does decently (ie., plays someone else's goalies) then she can get it down to 2.xx and who knows?    

• Like 1

Alright...we have a deal to announce here.

PA40's get:
Kyle Connor (LW)
+
Ryan Dzingel (LW/RW)

Star Blades get:
Johnny Hockey (LW)

+

Ondrej Palat (LW)

With this deal, the PA40's get probably the hottest player in the group, as Connor seems to have picked things up, along with the positional versatility and offensive contributions of Ryan Dzingel.

The Green Stars get an instant upgrade in hits, blocks, +/- with Palat, and when combined with Johnny Hockey, SOG as well.
Gaudreau will hopefully move in the right direction now that they are past whatever garbage has been going on in the locker room.
Calgary has been winning games lately, and with that, usually guys like Monahan and Gaudreau see an increase in their numbers.

And for the Blades, Gaudreau can also represent an improvement in PP points.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Alright...we have a deal to announce here.

PA40's get:
Kyle Connor (LW)
+
Ryan Dzingel (LW/RW)

Star Blades get:
Johnny Hockey (LW)

+

Ondrej Palat (LW)

With this deal, the PA40's get probably the hottest player in the group, as Connor seems to have picked things up, along with the positional versatility and offensive contributions of Ryan Dzingel.

The Green Stars get an instant upgrade in hits, blocks, +/- with Palat, and when combined with Johnny Hockey, SOG as well.
Gaudreau will hopefully move in the right direction now that they are past whatever garbage has been going on in the locker room.
Calgary has been winning games lately, and with that, usually guys like Monahan and Gaudreau see an increase in their numbers.

And for the Blades, Gaudreau can also represent an improvement in PP points.

Two waiver wire fodder players included so it comes down to Connor V Gaudreau. Personally I dont ever have players like that on my team in All star as they get zero hits/blocks/Faceoffs which is where I dominate, I try to go .500 or so in points and win everything else and it usually gets me a .700 win pect or so, give or take a bit on a week to week basis. So those types I avoid like the plague.

That said, Gaudreau is intriguing as he will turn it on soon and go on a tear, if points and their subset cats are where you are hanging your hat, which there isn't anything wrong with going that route Johnny would be the one I would want, hands down.

Not insulting either of the two big boys BTW I just build my team differently and it seems to work for me.

• Like 1

BTW I looked yesterday when chatting with Rux, I have made exactly one trade in this league, I think I have sent a million offers with few if any counters the only trade I made was Draisatl to Rux for Kane and Bishop, we both got what we wanted in the deal. But anyway, anyone wants to make a deal shoot me an offer :) it will get me out of hanging lights for the wife for a few, lol

Trade time!!!

Involving someone you would NEVER have guessed....Yup.... @ruxpin has been coaxed into making a deal! :ph34r:

Ahem....anyways....

The Hell Bears get:
G- Carey Price
G- Robin Lehner

The Green Star Blades get:
G- Jacob Markstrom
G- Thatcher Demko

Now, now, I know what many must be thinking...this is a one sided trade for the Bears.
Yes, Price and Lehner have been shown themselves to be outstanding netminders...……. and the teams in front of them have shown themselves to be horrific at times too!
Nevertheless, they are legit starting netminders, and I actually hated to part more with Lehner than Price, believe it or not.

But I am putting my money where my mouth is because I really do believe in what the Vancouver Canucks are doing, and Markstrom and Demko both have shown this season, they are reliable goalies....subject to their own bumps in the road, and the Canucks don't always score a lot, especially 5 on 5, but they DO play a decent brand of defense, and the goalies seem to be doing ok within their system.

I have both Vancouver goalies in the NAHANA league, I believe in them there, saw no reason to be able to get them here as well.

So, a case of the Blades getting two goalies they have confidence in, and the Bears getting two solid goalies (that one Price dude CAN be elite at times!) who MUST be exactly that to prop up their respective teams.

Could be win-win here.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Trade between Rux and myself.....

Rux gets Flower and Gustafsson

I add Price and Gio

He gets an upgrade in net, I get an upgrade on my blueline. IMHO is a solid add for both.

This is only my second deal of the year in All Star, bothwith Rux. Anyone wants to send me an offer I am always willing to listen. Kinda sorta considering trading MacKinnon in the right deal.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Trade between Rux and myself.....

Rux gets Flower and Gustafsson

I add Price and Gio

He gets an upgrade in net, I get an upgrade on my blueline. IMHO is a solid add for both.

This is only my second deal of the year in All Star, bothwith Rux. Anyone wants to send me an offer I am always willing to listen. Kinda sorta considering trading MacKinnon in the right deal.

Hmmm....WHY does it feel like I TRADED Price to you, Yave??
😄

Might have to start calling @ruxpin "Flipper" :bigteeth:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hmmm....WHY does it feel like I TRADED Price to you, Yave??
😄

Might have to start calling @ruxpin "Flipper" :bigteeth:

Okay here is more or less how that worked out..... Rux inquired about Fleury after I asked about Giordano who is a favorite of mine. I had to have a goalie in return. Rux knows how much I like players in both leagues, especially goalies, saw that I had just traded for Price in Nahana and BAM was all over that. His trade with you went through overnight, by 6am he had this as an offer to me, by 601 I took it. I never even considered a deal but he kinda put this together in a way that made sense. I told him a joke earlier in the year that kind of applies here ashe finally got Fleury from me, he is playing three dimensional chess while the rest of us are playing checkers sometimes. He does as good a job, if not better of networking, having al the angles locked down. Gotta hand it to him.

As for me and trades, I have now been involved in 9 between the two leagues with 5 of them involving Rux. I think that often we just trade out of boredom, lol

33 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Okay here is more or less how that worked out..... Rux inquired about Fleury after I asked about Giordano who is a favorite of mine. I had to have a goalie in return. Rux knows how much I like players in both leagues, especially goalies, saw that I had just traded for Price in Nahana and BAM was all over that. His trade with you went through overnight, by 6am he had this as an offer to me, by 601 I took it. I never even considered a deal but he kinda put this together in a way that made sense. I told him a joke earlier in the year that kind of applies here ashe finally got Fleury from me, he is playing three dimensional chess while the rest of us are playing checkers sometimes. He does as good a job, if not better of networking, having al the angles locked down. Gotta hand it to him.

As for me and trades, I have now been involved in 9 between the two leagues with 5 of them involving Rux. I think that often we just trade out of boredom, lol

Either that, or you both have the same sponsor at the Trade Rehab clinic... :bigteeth: