HF.net ALL STAR FHL 2019-20 Season Discussion

pilldoc

• 3 weeks later...

Minor trade to report over the Christmas break....

PA40Flyers gets:
C/LW- Noel Acciardi (Panthers)

Green Star Blades gets:
C/LW- Charlie Coyle (Bruins)

This one feels like a the ol "shuffling the furniture on the deck" type moves....both players go hot n cold, neither has a tremendous impact on the fortunes of their team, however, both can surely drive production for short stretches at a time and/or benefit from superior linemates.

Acciardi, before the break, was red hot.... Coyle was just...well, Coyle-ing along.
Charlie is good for peripherals maybe some chip in production at a more even pace.

Noel can hit like nobody's business and contributes in the FO department, but not so sure how long his production streak lasts.
He is shooting an unsustainable 24%.
Maybe the PA40's ride him till he quits....but I can see both Charlie and Noel becoming waiver wire fodder if and when better options come along.

• 5 weeks later...

Trade between myself and @ruxpin (surprise!!) if anyone is interested.

Rux gets Mackinnon, one of the top five players in all of hockey, real or fantasy.

I get Lindholm and Fleury.

Dont get me wrong, rux by far ahands down gets the best player which is the number one way of judging who wins a particular trade, but I got what I wanted, I have been carrying four players all year that only qualify at center, it frees up a roster spot, Lindholm gets faceoffs from the RW slot  it shores up my right wing along with adding second half player reinhart a week or so ago, an area of concern all year

The big deal for me is Flower, Lundqvist is at sea right now, more questions than answers as to how many starts to expect, Bishop has been Vezina quality, Price is rounding itno form I needed a third star goalie for the postseaaon, if all goes well along with the five skater stats which I typically dominate, winning at least 4 of the 5 every week I should dominate in net as well. Should. 

Like I said, Rux got the superstar, I added the pieces I wanted, probably needed for the playoffs. We will see how it shakes ouyt.

• Like 1

• pilldoc unpinned and locked this topic