Richards on Spittin’ Chicklets

brelic

23 minutes ago, brelic said:

Thanks for this!  I'll be eager to listen to.

I'm desperate for a new hockey podcast.  I used to listen to Broad Street Hockey, but Matz got to be a little too much of an irrational WWE Philly Fan for me to handle anymore.  The other Flyers podcasts I've found are okay, but just not as well produced, they sound awful and don't move along terribly well.

I'll give broad street that... they make a high quality product.  It just started to frustrate me too much to listen to anymore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

Thanks for this!  I'll be eager to listen to.

I'm desperate for a new hockey podcast.  I used to listen to Broad Street Hockey, but Matz got to be a little too much of an irrational WWE Philly Fan for me to handle anymore.  The other Flyers podcasts I've found are okay, but just not as well produced, they sound awful and don't move along terribly well.

I'll give broad street that... they make a high quality product.  It just started to frustrate me too much to listen to anymore.  

I'm in the same boat.  I used to depend on BSH but I'm not sure what's happening over there with them.   The rest don't seem too good.   So my commutes are much..... quieter.  

3 hours ago, brelic said:

starts around 24 minutes for those that only want to hear Richie.

"Legion of poon"  lol.  Good interview

Edited by Digityman

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

I'm in the same boat.  I used to depend on BSH but I'm not sure what's happening over there with them.   The rest don't seem too good.   So my commutes are much..... quieter.  

I know some of them were going through some things but they all seemed to get really pissy at the same time.  

Charlie got the full time press gig and quickly became less affable and opinionated, but was somehow proven wrong more often.  

Bill just seemed to go off the deep end (last season’s Flyers will do that to you I guess) and for some reason Steph and Kelly stopped giving him as much crap about it and putting him in his place when he did.  

I tried a few others and I think I like Philly is Flyer the best, but again the audio is inferior. 

Chicklets is freaking AWESOME! Best podcast on the net period bar none including every single one. Bissonette and Whit and the rear admiral are vulgar, profane obscene and everything else I love. 

18 hours ago, King Knut said:

I know some of them were going through some things but they all seemed to get really pissy at the same time.  

Charlie got the full time press gig and quickly became less affable and opinionated, but was somehow proven wrong more often.  

Bill just seemed to go off the deep end (last season’s Flyers will do that to you I guess) and for some reason Steph and Kelly stopped giving him as much crap about it and putting him in his place when he did.  

I tried a few others and I think I like Philly is Flyer the best, but again the audio is inferior. 

Bill's like all the bad parts of Flyers Twitter and Facebook personified - just one ongoing bad hot take. Kelly just seems to get run over by him and Steph. I like Craig from Flyperbole when he comes on, and actually like that podcast from BSH, even if it is rambling and nonsensical 4/5 of the time.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:54 PM, yave1964 said:

Chicklets is freaking AWESOME! Best podcast on the net period bar none including every single one. Bissonette and Whit and the rear admiral are vulgar, profane obscene and everything else I love. 

I get that the humor and wrench talk isn't for everyone, but it is indeed the most entertaining hockey podcast out there.  Look forward to each episode.  I don't care if they hate the Flyers and are Penguins fluffers, but Biz and Whitney are hilarious.  They don't take themselves too seriously.  Player interviews are phenomenal.  Chiclets and 31 Thoughts are really the only hockey podcasts I listen to.  BSH is a joke.  

Edited by vis
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, AJgoal said:

I like Craig from Flyperbole when he comes on, and actually like that podcast from BSH, even if it is rambling and nonsensical 4/5 of the time.

Listening to Craig is like listening to paint dry.  I get zero entertainment/knowledge from him.

• Like 1