Phil Myers

CoachX

So Myers gets sent down. Considering everything that has been going on, i thought it was forgone conclusion that he would be one of the starting 6. Its possible the Morin situation forced their hand a bit. I guess this why they have camp. Im glad they didnt make any other moves that would have taken a defenseman off the team

What is it Pods keeps sayin... "trust the process"

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

So Myers gets sent down. Considering everything that has been going on, i thought it was forgone conclusion that he would be one of the starting 6. Its possible the Morin situation forced their hand a bit. I guess this why they have camp. Im glad they didnt make any other moves that would have taken a defenseman off the team

What is it Pods keeps sayin... "trust the process"

Myers started off playing really well.  He was the best player on the ice in the rookie game and one of the best in the first execution game.  Then he tailed off.  Minor injury maybe?  Don't know.  He went from being very noticeable (in a good way) on the ice to invisible.  

I did read that he was the only waiver exempt D-man left in camp so he was the obvious choice to get sent down.  I don't think he'll be down for long.  Time will tell.

• Like 3

Not worried about him. at. all.

He played with his head up his butt the last 2 games I watched, ( where he played)  he was trying to play a couple of positions at once and it didn't work out for him.  All it takes though is about 3 minutes watching him skate and muscle up on a dude to realize he's going to be a good player.

I think he just needs to play a more simple game first, when he's doing that with some success, he can start with the "Ghost-heavy" stuff.

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

He's from Minnesota. That trumps Myers talent.

Of course, being injured, he's not eligible to be sent down. While Myers, waiver exempt, is.

It's all part of the "yay! we're spending right up to the cap again (after a year off)" joy.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1