Wild vs. Predators 10/3/19 @ 7PM CST at Bridgestone Arena

CreaseAndAssist

3rd Period Surge Too Much For the Wild in 5-2 Loss to Nashville

You can't show up for a few minutes and expect to win games in the division and probably in the league in general.  Koivu, Parise and Staal had ZERO shot attempts 5-on-5 tonight.  That's a lot of money not doing much of anything and the game appeared to be 2-3 steps too fast for each of them.  Only the Wild defenseman were consistently shooting the puck.  Zucker's 3 prime misses didn't help either...the Predators get a chance and they bury it and the game goes off the rails.  I have a full game recap and a ton of prospect updates too.  Check it out!  

• Like 2

Is it wrong to state that all of our forwards looked horrible in this game? The d-men and Dubnyk kept us a in the game for two periods, but the Wild won't win many games where the forwards don't defend so well that the winning team only ends up with maximum 2 or 3 goals.

• Like 1

Going to be a loooooooong season I’m afraid. The Central is stacked. Just tank and see if they can’t get a stud in the draft. I know it’s one game but man it’s toigh to be optimistic with the lineup they will throw out there every game 

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Is it wrong to state that all of our forwards looked horrible in this game? The d-men and Dubnyk kept us a in the game for two periods, but the Wild won't win many games where the forwards don't defend so well that the winning team only ends up with maximum 2 or 3 goals.

Agree. We still need a maximum production from that team, especially if we have a Dubnyk in the net. Are they able to do that? Like I said during a pre-season time, when Dubnyk is in the net , we need to produce at least 4 goals and more per game to feel safe. We put only 2 last night, which is not enough. And 2 out of 4 goals yesterday Dubnyk definitely should stop, but he did not.  Actually, against that team we were not able to win 6 games in a row. After the game, I listened a post game review on a radio where it was discussed what is going to be the next step to improve the team. And they were talking that would be nice to build a team around one star and mentioned a Kaprizov who could be a real solid candidate for that role. They talked his contract in CSKA will be done in April , and after that he has a chance to come here. 

Hopefully Kaprizov is interested in coming to the Wild. Locker room problems, the way the team has played, the way the team looks like right now in the near future.. there's money but he'll probably get a good deal in KHL too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Hopefully Kaprizov is interested in coming to the Wild. Locker room problems, the way the team has played, the way the team looks like right now in the near future.. there's money but he'll probably get a good deal in KHL too.

I hope too(hope is always dying the last in our life) that Kaprizov will not lose that opportunity. If they will tell to him that the entire team will be build around him, then,I think, he will get an interest to come here and start his new career as a real NHL professional. Commentators after the game yesterday also said that Kaprizov should start to learn communicating English as soon as possible (not much time left till Aprill), otherwise commentators said that they will start learning Russian to able to communicate with him personally. That was a joke, but in any joke a good portion of truth is existing. Strong communication among players and a coaching staff is an important part of the team's success. It would be nice if the Wild organization will start already to insert few more Russian players into the big club (one candidate, IMO, is Sokolov from AHL) and then Kaprizov will start feeling to play more comfortable there. Probably, the mentality in the locker room will be changed too - different culture, different view on a game play, different strategy in everything. Team will be changed after. Same way as they have it now at the New York Rangers team for Panarin whose English is still not as good and they have now 3 Russian players in the big club (Panarin; Buchnevich; Namestnikov). Interesting, I recently read in one article that New York Rangers had only one player who was able to make more than 80 points in one season and that was Marian Gaborik(our former player -in 2009-2010 season  had 86 points - 42 goals;44 assists in 76 games for the Rangers team). They are hoping that Panarin will be their second player able to have more than 80 points per one season. 

Still my biggest concern regarding our team's coaching and managing staff is to create a nice tolerance and a strong supporting help to the Russian players inserted into our team. I did not see it so far, except maybe just this year during a Summer Training Camp and a Traverse City Tournament. Without that the team will remain in the same status for years and it does not matter how many coaches and managers will be replaced.
Interesting, in confirmation to my message - how important the right communication is in hockey, I just found an article about our new drafted prospect Vladislav Firstov(round 2; #42 overall of 2019 year).

Here is a link to read about him:

https://www.theuconnblog.com/2019/8/20/20729649/vladislav-firstov-minnesota-wild-latest-elite-russian-player-to-come-to-uconn-mens-hockey-icebus

• Like 1