You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

TropicalFruitGirl26

2019-20 Iowa Wild and Prospects

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Yes he is, but I don't know how, or how serious it is.

He was hurt trying to clear a puck out of the net that had already gone in during the February 28, 2020 San Jose game. He kind of twisted back to grab the puck and sustained an upper body injury. Reported as a broken bone, so he may miss the rest of the season...

Just now, Hockey-78 said:

Well, there goes Iowa's season then.

Agree. I am not sure if Mat Robson will be able to step up well for the team and his back up goalie Baribeau too. Now their success will depends more from the team. To help them as in defense as well as in offense/ to produce enough goals especially during the crucial month of March and during playoffs (if the team will make to it). 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

He was hurt trying to clear a puck out of the net that had already gone in during the February 28, 2020 San Jose game. He kind of twisted back to grab the puck and sustained an upper body injury. Reported as a broken bone, so he may miss the rest of the season...

Thanks for the info. Those are pretty sad news, because it will take awhile to restore Kahkonen's superb previous level of play.

Edited by Alexandron

Well that's a setback. Damnit. It would have been an immensely important experience to get into the AHL playoffs and compete there.

Sokolov is not playing already 2 games in a row. Is he injured?

At least our team finally won last  game today after losing few games in a row without Kahkonen. It seems Robson  started to get some confidence.

Robson seems to be a promising goalie. The good thing in Kähkönen's injury is that Robson gets some experience needed.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 11:36 PM, lynxrattle said:

Robson seems to be a promising goalie. The good thing in Kähkönen's injury is that Robson gets some experience needed.

He is getting better/more focused and the team is playing better around him too. Otherwise, without that, we will have a chance to miss Calder Cup playoffs after such a strong regular season this year.

Per Russo, Khovanov signs a 1-year deal to play in the KHL even though he's under contract with the Minnesota Wild.  Has the ability to return to North America whenever play resumes here during the 2020-21 season.  

The things he needs to work on...

~ Stop taking needless retaliatory penalties

~ Playing with more pace - too much floating in his game.  

i also hope he can improve both his first two stride quickness and overall speed.

• Like 1

He could improve a lot of things at Ak Bars Kazan club. That team is such a toughest team in KHL with a very long pretty good winning history(3 times Gagarin Cup winner in a last decade). I am still impressed about tremendously improved Khovanov's  +/- stats when he had +58 and 99 points in 52 played games this season. No one in a Wild history had these stats in that period of time. It would be nice to see Khovanov some day playing together with Fiala and Kaprizov for the Wild team. It could be in a future pretty nice offensively minded  line because, no doubt, all 3 have a real professional talent and capable to bring intrigue into the Wild play.

I guess Ivan Lodnia is also playing in the KHL next year too; on loan to play for Dinamo Minsk.  I think its a foolish move on his part; he must've felt either he wanted to make money sooner or that the lineup in Iowa is a bit crowded.  

I was intrigued seeing him play on a line with Connor Dewar and Brandon Duhaime but now that won't happen.  

Also, the Iowa Wild signed back Mitch McLain too.  

On 7/22/2020 at 7:28 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

I guess Ivan Lodnia is also playing in the KHL next year too; on loan to play for Dinamo Minsk.  I think its a foolish move on his part; he must've felt either he wanted to make money sooner or that the lineup in Iowa is a bit crowded.  

I was intrigued seeing him play on a line with Connor Dewar and Brandon Duhaime but now that won't happen.  

Also, the Iowa Wild signed back Mitch McLain too.  

Agree. That would be a nice intriguing line - Lodnia-Dewar-Duhaime. LIG, You are probably right regarding his decision or because the crowded lineup in Iowa for the next season. Dinamo Minsk is not a bad KHL team. With that team he could get some nice experience by playing in KHL. It seems our Wild  club will receive in the future more players which had an additional very valuable experience from KHL. Nice. Not many NHL teams are having that option.

(shrugs)  We shall see.  KHL teams quality varies greatly.  I've heard it described as some clubs are almost NHL quality, while others are ECHL-level quaity.