Wild vs. Colorado 10/5/19 @ 8:00PM at Pepsi Center

CreaseAndAssist

On 10/6/2019 at 9:39 AM, IllaZilla said:

I watched most of the game and the effort was definitely better than in the Nashville game. At least after they got yelled at by Boudreau. 

But it’s becoming very apparent the Wild are going nowhere fast without a superstar or two. This team may need to go back to the old Lemaire NZT if they are going to make any progress. They just don’t have the skilled forwards like Colorado. They have a bunch of good forwards, but none that are a “Go-To” type player. 

And for all his effort last night, Parise is looking more and more like a spoiled brat. He had that whiney interview shortly after the season ended, and then after the game he was whining about how Boudreau keeps mixing lines up and he can’t develop any chemistry. Maybe Zach needs to hang up his skates and get behind the bench to show Boudreau how it’s done. And maybe he can hire his buddy Adam Oates as his assistant coach as well. 

Defense looked good last night, Dubnyk was solid. The forwards are the problem. 

Well, now they get four days off to reflect or stew about their 0-2 record. And I get it’s early, but you don’t want to be dropping too many points to division rivals. We’ll see if they can right the ship on Thursday against Winnipeg. 

I would agree with you here.  If Parise is unhappy, then he can waive the NMC and we'll deal you for zilch.  I agree the defense has looked pretty good.  

The Minnesota Wild are sort of like an 1987 bare bones Pontiac Firebird.  It once looked pretty good in the past, but when you get a chance to drive it and realize it has just a 2.8L V6 under the hood you realize its not going to fly by anyone.  

The Wild's offense is worse than it was last year because of aging 'former good players' up front.  Line juggling be damned...if this group was any good we'd see a few players emerge as shot generators.  Instead...we get a whole lot of nothing.  

I agree with you completely @IllaZilla

• Good Post 1