Under the Radar: Alex Biega for David Pope

SpikeDDS

This trade happened late last night. Another middling veteran D man for a prospect, which split last season between the ECHL and AHL.

Seems to me this could be a sign that they are going to take their time to make sure Seider adjusts well to the North American rink and NHL game before calling him up. I don't have a problem with the trade value-wise. I don't think Pope had much of a chance of cracking the NHL lineup in Detroit any time soon. Too many others to leapfrog.

Stevie DID SAY we were going to need patience. Guess he wasn't kidding.

5 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

This trade happened late last night. Another middling veteran D man for a prospect, which split last season between the ECHL and AHL.

Seems to me this could be a sign that they are going to take their time to make sure Seider adjusts well to the North American rink and NHL game before calling him up. I don't have a problem with the trade value-wise. I don't think Pope had much of a chance of cracking the NHL lineup in Detroit any time soon. Too many others to leapfrog.

Stevie DID SAY we were going to need patience. Guess he wasn't kidding.

Smallish defender who hits everything that moves, great penalty killer, I dont hate it. I like that Nemeth is a solid fortress, the two kids are another year older, Dekeyser looks solid, Green is able to be a veteran influence who plays on the SECOND power play unit, Hell, Bowey who was solid last year cannot even crack the lineup ( he will now that Daley is hurt). Dont get me wrong, Biega is never going to be confused with anything other than a bottom pairing guy but as a number seven filling in on days off or for an injury we could do worse. We had worse the last few years, lol.