Game 2: Devils at Flyers; 10/9/19 @ 7:30 PM

Howie58

58 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Oh my......
Claude Dirty Mitts Giroux with a wide open gaping net....couldn't put it away.

I bet if the goalie had been an Ottawa law enforcement officer he would have found a way to get it in..... :shifty:

That goalie just needs to watch his "five-hole". Too soon?

14 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Dude...just realized...you left Provorov on the bench in All Stars!
Happened to me some days ago with Kadri….and of course, Kadri produced double digit face offs.
How it goes...… same with Provy for you.

Oh crap. You're right. That's it. Nothing but granola bars in my fantasy team vending machines!

Good effort!  Hart was remarkable, and Hayes is impressive.  The penalty kill actually worked.  They worked hard.  Will they keep it going?  NJ may not be a hard test.  But there seems to be an intensity level several notches over prior editions. 

Nice to see Simmonds get the standing O....they can boo him next game. Also nice to see the two guys who got paid (less than Hayes) leading the team in scoring. And Hart continuing his fine form. 

It was only the Devils, but Hak would have found a way to lose. Still undefeated baby!

I think if Elliott was in goal last night they lose this one and get behind early. To bad Sandstrom is in the ECHL and not fast tracking to spell Elliott at a moments notice....i'm afraid he is the only one who can really replace Elliott when he goes yanked or goes down.

I'm afraid Lyon or Berube is just another deck chair.

EGfRuDPWwAAogNs.jpg

Youngest Flyers to ever get a shutout (1 of only 2 in the NHL so far this year).

946% and a 1.50 gaa is off to a nice start. Canucks are the next test.

Edited by OccamsRazor

33 minutes ago, radoran said:

Carter Hart first goalie 21 or younger to win each of his team's first two games in a season since... Steve Mason.

So, you know, we've got that going for us...  👺

REPORTED!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

@radoran

Thanks for screwing with my day...good Lord!!!

You also probably don't want to know that Carson Wentz set the record for most completions by a rookie quarterback, surpassing Sam Bradford.

You're welcome. 👺

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, radoran said:

Carter Hart first goalie 21 or younger to win each of his team's first two games in a season since... Steve Mason.

So, you know, we've got that going for us...  👺

Didn't he tie an NHL record last year with most consecutive wins from start of a career? Wasn't it like 9? Tied with Thibault, IIRC.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

That Neanderthal Wood is taking liberties against our guys and Subban cross checked Raffl 4x . I dont see any retaliation by our soft team. Just a matter of time before Morin is on the lineup. Probaly after our guys take a few beatings from some goon.

Bro, I think you're going to have to get used to this.  

Seems to me, the AV brand of "compete" means to win the puck, I don't think he gives a 2 hoots about the rough stuff.

If the team wins IDGAF about the goon business either, win the puck, win using pressure everywhere, win with skating. 

This is where the league has been going, there can still be toughness in that game, look at all the goons St Louis dresses.... I think that's where the Flyers are headed, I won't mind it if they win. 

I don't think this team is easy to play against and that suits me just fine. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Didn't he tie an NHL record last year with most consecutive wins from start of a career? Wasn't it like 9? Tied with Thibault, IIRC.

I am 100% on the Carter Hart bandwagon. Just found the Tweet amusing, thus the goblin 👺

That glove save on Hall last night was a thing of beauty and a joy forever. Kid looks confident and composed.

The future is bright. 😎

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is a much better angle than the live angle, but the slow-motion doesn't do it justice. The live speed was "oh my God, what the hell just happened?  How was that possible?"

Great pass, great shot, but an OMG save.

• Like 3