You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Howie58

Game 2: Devils at Flyers; 10/9/19 @ 7:30 PM

4 hours ago, radoran said:

No. Which is one of the reasons I re-posted the note about his achievement being the first since Steve Mason.

Franchise goalies are made by sustained excellence over time.

I'm on the bandwagon because I believe he can do it. But, like the rest of the team, he has to go out and actually do it.

One thing is for certain, we finally have a mechanically sound goaltending , a guy who positions himself perfect for different situations and who is fluid in his movements. As young as he is, he has his crap together. Considering all the floppers, leaners and  unorthodox  head cases we have had in goal in the last 30 yrs , I am very optimistic . You can clearly see that Hart is the real deal.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Fans, Philadelphians, Gritty, lend me your ears; I come to bury Hextall, not to praise him. The bad GMs do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; So let it be with Hextall. The noble Brelic Hath told you Hextall damaged the franchise: If it were so, it was a grievous fault, And grievously hath Hextall answer’d it. Here, under leave of Brelic and the rest– For Brelic is an honourable man; So are they all, all honourable men–
      Just absolute WOW on Carter Hart's performance. What a difference it makes when you have a goalie who actually stops the puck. Kudos to the PP too. They had a lot of attack zone time and it looks like they are going to be dangerous. NJ goalie kept this a game with some amazing stops himself. I almost forgot what it was like to watch an exciting hockey game. Welcome back Flyers!!!
      Well, that was one helluva hockey game.   - That 2nd period was probably the most organized and dominant stretch of hockey I've seen the Flyers play in about a decade.   - As brilliant as Hart was, last night really was a complete team effort. Special teams, all lines and defense pairs. They seem to just control play at will. The 1st period was more even - probably a bit of rust, nerves, and just a feeling out process. After that it was all Philly.   - Hughes is alr
      I won't indict Hextall to hell, he was not perfect, he did sign some bad NHL players while he was rebuilding the farm system and prospect pool. I don't think the half-assed rebuild was fun. I do, however, like seeing guys like Carsen Twarinski look like legit NHL players. 81 was on zero people's radar as a "youngster primed to make the NHL roster".  And here he is blowing up Norris trophy candidate PK Subban in the home opener and handcuffing the Devils goalie with his ++ shot.  That's
      I missed the game, but this is the single most important takeaway. Fun and loose = winning. They have not looked fun and loose for a long, long time. And I don't mean Carter and Richards kind of fun and loose either, but on the ice.   It's funny how it all adds up: A good, confident young goalie: check A few veteran D-men: check A coach with a pedigree: check Skill, talent, found from within through the draft: check Gritty: check    
      No. Which is one of the reasons I re-posted the note about his achievement being the first since Steve Mason.   Franchise goalies are made by sustained excellence over time.   I'm on the bandwagon because I believe he can do it. But, like the rest of the team, he has to go out and actually do it.

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name