Russo takes

Jimtown guy

13 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Every statistical model I've been introduced to has its pros and cons and this makes no exception, I suppose. Models usually(?) work better without human element involved. Like predicting those hurricanes you mentioned.

Pretty strange model though when it had the Wild in 6th place after 4 straight losses. What kind of losing streak it would've required to have the Wild in the last place? (rhetorical question)

But I agree, when all is said and especially done, where will this team end up?

Well, even hurricanes have unpredictable weather patterns and temperatures to deal with. So while they are not perfect, they can at least give you some indication of where they are headed, provided you have a big enough sample size.

As far as where the Wild started, Chicago must have been a hair worse than the Wild to bump them up to sixth, or Dallas must have been a hair better to push them down to sixth.

Who knows. It's early in the season. and this is a pretty small sample size. Once they get through a third of the season though there'll be a bigger sample size. 

I just find statistics fascinating. Maybe it's the math nerd in me. And I know they are not the end-all-be-all. They still have to play the games.

9 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Well that stat looks exactly as gloomy as to what we see on ice.

An update, horrendous. But hey, like Bruce said "it's in their DNA they are good players", they'll work through it...

Wild2.PNG.26e514ba51c8bd8d59fdcd0de83e65e6.PNG

If that's the motivation speech he's giving in the locker room too, Minnesota Wild will be a laughing stock in the league in no time...