Minnesota Wild vs Pittsburgh Penguins, 10-12-19, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Pittsburgh Powers Past the Wild in 7-4 Victory

Kind of went like I expected it to.  Initially the Wild working pretty hard and accomplishing very little.  The old guys are a total liability out there.  They're not generating just about anything positive for this team.  The younger legs deserved more time and got it near the end of the game.  Hunt is our leading scorer and I thought he deserved one of the stars of the game more than Spurgeon did.  Still another loss, first one in regulation for a home opener in team history in games played in St. Paul.  I have a full game recap, and a ton of prospect news...enjoy.  

This year is going to be about not expecting to much and enjoying the good plays when they happen.

Hopefully Bruce will realize that Mikko winning a faceoff isn't enough to make up for his lack of game on the power play.

There is hope as he has replaced suter with Hunt on the #1 pp.

• Like 2

Excuse checklist

1. It's only (x) games let's not panic. Check

2. We need dirty goals. Check

3. We're just squeezing our sticks to tight.

4. We need to learn to play hard for all three periods, 60 minutes.

5. We're beating ourselves.

6. Trying to find chemistry on our forward lines.

7. We need to be hard to play against. (Time to goon it up)

8. Proverbial players only meeting (where we take look at ourselves in a mirror).

9. Coach has lost the room.

10. Our division toughest in the league.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I try to think that will happen, but we'll probably 'lose' the lottery too.  

At least this time the Wild will be in with a shout. This is a poorly constructed, disastrous team. I'd be amazed if they don't end up in the league bottom4 come April.

Someone already suggested this might be the worst Wild team ever. Not the worst roster, IMO definitely not, but the team has zero cohesion and is out-of-date really, with too many passengers just going through the motions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Well, we finally have a video feed.

Are you doing the Hulu-Firestick combo?

I haven't pursued that yet since we have a terribly old routing in our area and heard of many having buffering issues.

I've obviously not missed much.

Caught some of the games on Bilasport but that's a horrible picture and I want to only watch Hockey on my big screen, Not a PC monitor.

Then our internet was down all day yesterday anyhow. Thanks Centurylink.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

At least this time the Wild will be in with a shout. This is a poorly constructed, disastrous team. I'd be amazed if they don't end up in the league bottom4 come April.

Someone already suggested this might be the worst Wild team ever. Not the worst roster, IMO definitely not, but the team has zero cohesion and is out-of-date really, with too many passengers just going through the motions.

Like I said on Twitter after Russo reported that Guerin spoke to the team telling them that they are being paid to win, not just to play.  I am sure that resulted in a few uncomfortable stares around the room.  But the vets probably barely noticed...they know they'll still be here and are going to be well paid the whole time.  

On 10/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, Icechipper said:

Excuse checklist

8. Proverbial players only meeting (where we take look at ourselves in a mirror).

Well seems we have now also checked off No. 8, player meeting, while Parise and Zucker are promoting No. 9, throwing their coach under the bus. You can check off No. 5 too, as players contemplate the weird situation where the they give up goals in bunches.

Edited by Icechipper

Excuse checklist

Five to go.

IMO, no excuses at all for the professional players who are making millions $ per year. Players complains are not acceptable too. Chemistry among the players should be build mainly during their hardly intense daily practices between the games. If players are not capable to produce anything then free the space for the next generation of players who are willing to make a history for the club. Show in professional sport is show, attracting lots of fans as well as involving lots of money.