Predictions?

rottenrefs

Last year I was asked to not run a MN Wild Prediction thread and instead the Pick'em format was rolled out. So this year I didn't make a MN Wild Prediction thread either.

However, what's your prediction for the year?

I'm thinking 32 wins and 52 loses. Can they get 32 wins? I'm being optimistic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Last year I was asked to not run a MN Wild Prediction thread and instead the Pick'em format was rolled out. So this year I didn't make a MN Wild Prediction thread either.

However, what's your prediction for the year?

I'm thinking 32 wins and 52 loses. Can they get 32 wins? I'm being optimistic.

Although I think this team won't offer anything to get excited about, they can play at times unsurprisingly well. Who knows but back to reality.

The Wild is kind of like the Kings last year. They compiled 31 wins. So that might be the ceiling for the Wild this year.

3 hours ago, Confrontational said:

Why...?

Envy (?)

Other teams didn't have a prediction thread.

I felt fans from other teams could have picked up on how ours was run, which undoubtedly could have perked more interest across the board. However a representative from each team would have had to run it... Iffy.

But, it wasn't meant to be and Pick'em was introduced.

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Although I think this team won't offer anything to get excited about, they can play at times unsurprisingly well. Who knows but back to reality.

The Wild is kind of like the Kings last year. They compiled 31 wins. So that might be the ceiling for the Wild this year.

I see in this game (Ottawa) the brain trust shuffled the lines again.

Parise - Koivu - Zucker

Scoreless half way thru it. (Who the f*** wouldn't know?)

20 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

I see in this game (Ottawa) the brain trust shuffled the lines again.

Parise - Koivu - Zucker

Scoreless half way thru it. (Who the f*** wouldn't know?)

Sure the constant line juggling is a mistake. But I think too it's of less importance with this roster. When we had Granny, Coyle, Nino, Zucker in his prime... then it hurt more.

Staal and Koivu - slow and slower. No matter where you put them that line slows down and suffers. Parise can't do anything with the puck. He just hustles, not playing like a franchise player. So you have the top two lines phucked up no matter what's the combo.

• Like 2

I predict about a 40-45% win rate, which is like 32-35 wins. But only if they play neutral zone trap. Only realistic way they're gonna win games, because we just don't have any proper finishers. And we have a slow team, which means we can't play uptempo games either.

Edited by Lonkkis
  • Like 1

From my observation, we mainly have on this forum fans of 2 professional NHL teams -the Flyers and the Wild. I still would prefer our personal predicting Wild thread here as we had for decades before on a Wild.com link,  just to focus our fans exclusively to the team's results instead of wasting/spreading our attention to other teams which are possibly not presenting a lot of interest  to the Wild fans. Because we do not  know perfectly well the other teams players; lines; goalies and their potential.  We would be welcomed to include any other fans to our thread if they will have even a minimal interest to the Wild team. Let's make a try. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

So what's the biggest Win streak do you all think they'll have this season?

I'll go with 5.

It could happen. ;) 

Hey Chuck, it isn't Christmas yet. 😉

Seriously, there are so many flaws in the Wild's game and you yourself wanted to have the play book to be burned. From where you get the 5? 🤨

Defense leaks, D-men are the best scorers, forwards with the most ice-time don't have the motivation nor the legs to play hard, #1 goalie has been letting in softies like usual, PP sucks, #1 center is injured and/or out of shape... this is the big picture.

Occasionally they get something right but if you can't play hard for 60 mins. from the whistle I can't fathom how they could play 300 mins. in a way that gets wins.

Sure there is this thing called dumb luck. 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Seriously, there are so many flaws in the Wild's game and you yourself wanted to have the play book to be burned. From where you get the 5? 🤨

I didn't say soon did I? :P 

After the burning,... After some changes from BG...After Hell freezes... give or take.

I haven't looked at the schedule, So no looking for a group of struggling teams. Usually doesn't happen that way anyhow.

Hopefully a streak happens after some changes because a 5-10 win streak and the brass will think the ship's been righted and pull back on changes. I picked 5 because it's reachable. Less than 4 isn't much of a "streak".

• Like 1