Predictions?

rottenrefs

7 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Now is just a prediction turn,but not facts at this moment.😂
Our win against  Rangers tonight with a score 5:4 in regulation.
Our win against Devils tomorrow with a score 3:2 in regulation.
We will take a break on predictions in OT. Too bad results so far.🏒

Fair enough.

I'll throw another statistical "fact": the Wild are on pace for 30,75 wins at the moment.

And on pace for 13 OTs without any wins... :cheer:

On 11/25/2019 at 6:04 PM, Alexandron said:

Now is just a prediction turn,but not facts at this moment.😂
Our win against  Rangers tonight with a score 5:4 in regulation.
Our win against Devils tomorrow with a score 3:2 in regulation.
We will take a break on predictions in OT. Too bad results so far.🏒

Interesting, just checked my recent predictions. Against Devils it was win with a right score 3:2 in regulation. It is happening very very rare for me. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking this current points streak is the closest thing to my 5 GM win streak predicted back on page 1.

Dallas possibly overlooked us as maybe some others and I doubt teams will now, Seeing that we're playing better and staying in games.

On 12/1/2019 at 6:15 PM, ClusterChuck said:

I'm thinking this current points streak is the closest thing to my 5 GM win streak predicted back on page 1.

Dallas possibly overlooked us as maybe some others and I doubt teams will now, Seeing that we're playing better and staying in games.

Hope, in a next 3 road games at least 2 opposite teams(Panthers and Lightning) will overlook us without thinking that we are going to be a possible nutcracker for their net . Both those teams are well offensively minded and capable to score a lot. Thus, my :wild: win game prediction score in regulation is the same:
- against Panthers (on 12/3/19) 5:4;
- against Lightning (on 12/5/19) 5:4 as well. :hockey:

Score in my prediction against Panthers was not right, but only in our win in regulation.

Impressed that Kahkonen was able to stop 44 shots out of 46 into our net. Commentators said, that he is a single so far among our drafted prospects of doing this. And also he beat our previous record of Matt Hackett who was able to stop before 42 shots into our net.

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Well whaddaya know. an actual 5-game win streak. 🙃

Yeah, but you asked yourself what's "the biggest winning streak" they can achieve? Now it's 5 but after the next five games it'll be a 10 game winning streak. 😉

Well, after Dubnyk gets back we're back to normal. Dubnyk is the perfect tank commander.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:35 AM, Alexandron said:

Hope, in a next 3 road games at least 2 opposite teams(Panthers and Lightning) will overlook us without thinking that we are going to be a possible nutcracker for their net . Both those teams are well offensively minded and capable to score a lot. Thus, my :wild: win game prediction score in regulation is the same:
- against Panthers (on 12/3/19) 5:4;
- against Lightning (on 12/5/19) 5:4 as well. :hockey:

Like I said before it is happening very rare when I predict the right score, especially a big one. But that happened last night - we won it in regulation with a score 5:4.
My next prediction for tomorrow game - our :wild: win in regulation with a score 4:3 against Carolina  on 12/7/19. I think it will be a revenge game for us, because we lost last game against them in OT on our home ice with a score 3:4. If the previous 2 teams (Panthers and Lightning), probably, did not take us too seriously, I am sure that Carolina will play very tough against us . Especially, because Haula and Nino are still playing there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah, but you asked yourself what's "the biggest winning streak" they can achieve? Now it's 5 but after the next five games it'll be a 10 game winning streak. 😉

Well, after Dubnyk gets back we're back to normal. Dubnyk is the perfect tank commander.

Agree. From my observation, our most changes with the Wild team(especially psychological, mental one) for playing as a team with a real 4 productive lines, happened as  soon as Dubnyk left to resolve his unfortunate  family problems. As a result , we are capable to win, and our GAA is much better now in comparison to the beginning of the season.  It seems team is building gradually a pretty nice chemistry among all their players. It would be a huge mistake, if they will start to think to trade anyone during the mid of the season. They should follow St.Louis experience of the last year - do not trade anyone, but build persistently such a fragile chemistry. We have also a plenty our prospects to try in a big club - Mayhew, Menell, Sturm... When we are going to see them here? We do not know yet.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Funny you should say that after the Smith - Kakko show last night. 😆

You, probably, should say Smith - KK ( abbreviation  from the name Kaapo Kahkonen, our rookie goalie). 
Kaapo Kakko  is a rookie forward at the New York Rangers team. His name abbreviation could be the same KK. Do not know how they call him there? Possibly KK too.😉

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

You, probably, should say Smith - KK ( abbreviation  from the name Kaapo Kahkonen, our rookie goalie). 
Kaapo Kakko  is a rookie forward at the New York Rangers team. His name abbreviation could be the same KK. Do not know how they call him there? Possibly KK too.😉

Yeah, I knew something about that seemed familiar while typing that. 🤔

5 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Funny you should say that after the Smith - Kakko show last night. 😆

For me, it's easier to forgive KK allowing one or two softies. Only his 4th NHL game.

But guys like Smith and Dubnyk who've been around for ages and are well paid, they should do better - what's their excuse?

The Wild were lucky they didn't face Koskinen. They've had so many looks against back up goalies lately - bribery anyone? 😎

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

For me, it's easier to forgive KK allowing one or two softies. Only his 4th NHL game.

But guys like Smith and Dubnyk who've been around for ages and are well paid, they should do better - what's their excuse?

The Wild were lucky they didn't face Koskinen. They've had so many looks against back up goalies lately - bribery anyone? 😎

Absolutely. 

I'd like to see the Wild altenate Stalock and Kahkonen for the time being.

K is still getting his feet wet and we don't need to press it with too many games in a row.

Has anyone heard the status on Dubnyk's wife and the situation overall?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Absolutely. 

I'd like to see the Wild altenate Stalock and Kahkonen for the time being.

K is still getting his feet wet and we don't need to press it with too many games in a row.

Absolutely x 2.

I still think this is a poorly constructed roster which is far from being a contender. I think going with KK improves their chances to limp in the playoffs so like I already said in another thread; give him a few more games to assure anyone he has what it takes to start with the Wild next season.

After those games send him to Iowa and let veteran goalies screw up this season. Get something decent in the draft.

And a bonus: trade Dubnyk at the deadline.

14 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I still think this is a poorly constructed roster which is far from being a contender. I think going with KK improves their chances to limp in the playoffs so like I already said in another thread; give him a few more games to assure anyone he has what it takes to start with the Wild next season.

After those games send him to Iowa and let veteran goalies screw up this season. Get something decent in the draft.

And a bonus: trade Dubnyk at the deadline.

I do not think the Wild organization will let to screw up completely the season, especially, after the nice recent winning roll for the State of Hockey. We have never been in that position before during the Wild history. Sincerely, I am kind of skeptical  regarding a decent #1 draft based on what we have picked as a #1 draft during the last 2 seasons. We will screw up again. I also have feelings that, probably , as long as we will be able to win our games, Dubnyk will be most of the time benched. 

Predicting our win in regulation on 12/15/19 with a score :wild:5: :blackhawks:4 . 🏒

I am thinking to see Kahkonen in the net, because Stalock played yesterday. As well as, probably, we will see Mayhew, because Ek was injured last game.  Mayhew stats this season for the Wild team 2 goals;0 assists in 6 games; for the Iowa Wild team 14 goals;6 assists(20 points) in 22 games.