Predictions?

rottenrefs

Kuemper was not too good yesterday(did not show a Fleury performance) against us. We were able to win that game in regulation with a crazy score 8:5. Wow.
I do not think we are capable (who knows) to repeat that score in tomorrow game against Jets, because they are able to score and protect their net well too.
Still predicting our win in OT on 12/21/19 at 1:00 p.m. with a score:

:playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon::wild::hockey::hockey::hockey: : :jets: :hockey::hockey:.

• Like 1

We were not able to win last game and even to move it to OT or even to put at least one goal into the opposite net. We just badly lost it with a score 0:6 on home ice.😢.

Predicting tonight(12/23/19) our win in REGULATION with a score:

WILD 🏒🏒🏒🏒🏒 : FLAMES 🏒🏒🏒.

Colorado Avalanche is the most highest scoring team in our Division, which means, that I will try to predict a high score for tomorrow game against this team. Maybe my prediction will be right at least in our win🤔.

Predicting our win in OT on 12/27/19 (starting at 7:00 p.m.)

:playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon::wild::hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey: :  :avalanche: :hockey::hockey::hockey::hockey:.

Edited by Alexandron

I'll put this here. Warning: this post contains data not suitable for hardcore Wild fans. 😎

In December in how many games the Wild has faced opponent's backup goalie and how many times they have won then? 4 games, 4 wins.

In December in how many games they have faced opponent's #1 goalie who's SV% has been .900 or better and how many times they have won then? 5 games, 1 win.

In December in how many games the Wild has outshot the opponent? 3/13. Out of those three games two were against a team playing back-to-back. Phi and Cgy managed 40 shots combined.

Reality flash: The Wild's game isn't trending upwards, it's on plateau at best. If they get a win, it depends very heavily on playing against a backup goalie or a tired team.

December has been a fluke, the Wild are not a contender by any means. Don't kill the messenger, just laying out the facts for you.

• Good Post 1

I was pretty close into my high score prediction last game. We won that game with a score 6:4 and , fortunately, we won it in regulation.
Let's make a different look to our next game(12/29/19 at 5:00 p.m.) prediction against Islanders 😉.  That team is the best team in a League, which allowed less goals (96) in their net so far.

Predicting our win in regulation with a score:

:wild: :playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon::playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon::playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon: :  :islanders: :playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon::playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon:.

13 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Stats are for losers.. always have been, are now, and always will be.

Anyway...anyone else watch the Yanks beat the Commies today? Very impressive

Much more impressive was when the Russians beat the living thing out of the overrated Team Canada, 6-0. Canada's worst U20 loss ever. And Barrett Hayton's antics during the anthem... what a disgrace, where was the respect. This Canadian is no captain material, in any team. Well, maybe with the Habs.

On 12/28/2019 at 2:58 PM, lynxrattle said:

This is exactly what I have been thinking about. Nice to see some facts, that back the assumption.

Thanks lynx, I appreciate it!

You now, this recent loss against the NYI only strengthens the picture I painted with those facts. Now it's 6 games and 1 win in December when the opposing #1 goalie plays up to par and Dubnyk well... someone might question goals number 1 and 3. And Wild has outshot the opponent 3 times out of 14. What can you expect from a team that's constantly being outworked?

If Guerin genuinely wants to see his team in the playoffs and with potential to have success there, he has to make changes. The writing is on the wall. Otherwise, tank & rebuild.

Edited by Hockey-78

On 12/28/2019 at 10:40 PM, Alexandron said:

Let's make a different look to our next game(12/29/19 at 5:00 p.m.) prediction against Islanders 😉.  That team is the best team in a League, which allowed less goals (96) in their net so far.

It was kind of disappointing  a low scoring game like I predicted, because NY Islanders allowed less goals in comparison to other teams during that season so far. IMO, our team did not take too seriously the Islanders and didn't make enough efforts in the offensive part - Donato's 1 goal; a couple  of Hunt's goal posts were not enough to win on home ice and get 2 possible important points. Not sure how they will prepare for tomorrow game against a much faster and more talented team  from Toronto.

18 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Stats are for losers.. always have been, are now, and always will be.

Anyway...anyone else watch the Yanks beat the Commies today? Very impressive

I agree with Hockey-78, the most impressive was a win 6:0 against Canada. Russian team was playing next day against USA team after a previous very intense game against a Canadian team. US team had a day off before that game and was able to win this game with a score 3:1.  Shots on goal were 26 for the Russian team vs 24 for the US team.  The Russian coach decided to replace their goalie after a 3rd soft goal.  Sincerely, I did not liked the finish of that game  (on a last minute)when US#20 ,Parker Ford badly smashed into the board the face of our Wild prospect #7 Alexander Khovanov who laid down on the ice after and then few Russian players stood up for him and started to fight against Parker Ford and other players.

I also found out from the Michael Russo Twitter, that Scott Wheeler wrote an interesting article in the Athletics regarding Khovanov, who is currently playing as a center for the 1st Russian line at the Word Juniors 2020.

• Like 1

Toronto Maple Leafs team is a very serious high scoring team to play against, which stays  second in the League after Capitals so far in goals forward. In their last 10 games they are also 8-1-1.  
Our team should be mentally prepared to score plenty of goals during the game if they really want to win at the last day of 2019 YEAR!!!.

Predicting our win in OT against Toronto team on 12/31/19 (at 5:00 p.m.):
:wild: 6  :  :mapleleafs: 5.

And

a HAPPY NEW 2020 YEAR to every fan at this forum and their families  🎄🎆 🍾🥂 !!!!!

• Like 2

On 12/28/2019 at 3:05 AM, Hockey-78 said:

Reality flash: The Wild's game isn't trending upwards, it's on plateau at best. If they get a win, it depends very heavily on playing against a backup goalie or a tired team.

December has been a fluke, the Wild are not a contender by any means. Don't kill the messenger, just laying out the facts for you.

Stats are great in general but you have to include the human element, As in your "tired team" stat.

There's no way to judge that as a level for a stat.

Wasn't last year a disaster when we played a back up goalie??

I wouldn't call Dec a fluke as much as it was a product of lines getting used to each other because they weren't being split up every 2 games. We saw what happened with a few injuries and back to the Boudreau shuffle. Jekyll and Hyde again.

With that, I look at Dec as the pendulum evening out such a horrible start to where we are usually about this time of year.

Agreed we're not trending up and now with the usual core (Dubnyk, Spurgeon, Ek and soon Koivu) back, The youth get pushed aside again and some of that energy the kids brought into each game isn't there as much. Possibly resulting in a full reversal of Dec 'stats'. 

21 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Stats are great in general but you have to include the human element, As in your "tired team" stat.

There's no way to judge that as a level for a stat.

Wasn't last year a disaster when we played a back up goalie??

I wouldn't call Dec a fluke as much as it was a product of lines getting used to each other because they weren't being split up every 2 games. We saw what happened with a few injuries and back to the Boudreau shuffle. Jekyll and Hyde again.

With that, I look at Dec as the pendulum evening out such a horrible start to where we are usually about this time of year.

Agreed we're not trending up and now with the usual core (Dubnyk, Spurgeon, Ek and soon Koivu) back, The youth get pushed aside again and some of that energy the kids brought into each game isn't there as much. Possibly resulting in a full reversal of Dec 'stats'. 

Chuck, I did explain a tired team = playing back-to-back. I'm sure the majority would agree that's a well documented fact.

Yes, well we disagree on that since my point specifically was that Wild's game hasn't changed in a month essentially at all. The outcome of the games has been more in correlation with how the opponents have played. I don't think there has been a game where the Wild beat an outstanding opponent with an outstanding game.

The Coyotes game maybe, scoring 8 goals is noteworthy but Kuemper really was horrible, single handedly giving the win to Wild. And they did nicely shut down the Avs' top line. But the Wild has been outshot 387 - 453 even though they have a winning record.

But hey, let's get more samples! Tonight against a well rested team, the Leafs. Happy New Year, Chuck! 🎇

18 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Chuck, I did explain a tired team = playing back-to-back. I'm sure the majority would agree that's a well documented fact.

Yes, well we disagree on that since my point specifically was that Wild's game hasn't changed in a month essentially at all. The outcome of the games has been more in correlation with how the opponents have played. I don't think there has been a game where the Wild beat an outstanding opponent with an outstanding game.

The Coyotes game maybe, scoring 8 goals is noteworthy but Kuemper really was horrible, single handedly giving the win to Wild. And they did nicely shut down the Avs' top line. But the Wild has been outshot 387 - 453 even though they have a winning record.

But hey, let's get more samples! Tonight against a well rested team, the Leafs. Happy New Year, Chuck! 🎇

To me the "tired team" isn't only a back to back scenario. A team could be on the road for a stretch or even zig-zagging H and A games and so on. Hard to nail down a real stat because of that, Is what I was saying.

( Sure there's always a chance...and probably is... of there being a stat like A 6:45pm game..on a Tues..Team lunch was meatloaf...With a cresent moon...Back to back games after the first with a Canadian team ) 🧐

Then one of my favorite pointless stats is... 'A team down by 2 or more going into the 3rd period' and their record.. I don't really care to hear that Team A is 22nd in the league for that. Lol

I didn't say they were outstanding :P since the penjulum never swings that high on the positive side for Minny sports.

But they did show a better game, Passing was better and more creative. Many players waking up.

They still found a way to win those games in Dec and the opposing records were across the board.

Yeah, The AZ game was won after the 4th goal anyhow, So getting 8 only pads those stats and doesn't help to reflect a true scenario.

Happy New Year to you too. :) I thought I was going to miss the game (5pm start ?) and got home around 8:30 and Bilasport was just starting a replay I guess. Got to see the whole game. ( In the middle of full gut job/renovation of kid's house bathroom and some walls.)

• Like 1

Agree, that message could be placed also at the World Juniors 2020 thread at our hockey forum. Still prediction thread is not only connected  to the our Wild team future games , but is also connected to the prediction of any tournaments (Stanley; World; Olympics;etc) where current players or our promising prospects are playing. Like I said before, most of our Wild real fans more focused to read exclusively the Wild forum and not paying a lot of attention to other threads.

Regarding a US team poor results at the Word Juniors Championship 2020, are coming from a poor scouting of a highly scoring prospects for that tournament. Wild organization has a couple progressive players, which could fit nicely into the US Juniors 2020  team (Ivan Lodnia 36 points in 22 games (16 goals;20 assists;+/- +10) and Nikita Nesterenko (33 points in 36 games (14 goals;19 assists)). Unfortunately, they were not included into the US team.

Edited by Alexandron