Predictions?

rottenrefs

My prediction for tomorrow game(10/22/19)
Wild-Oilers - 5:4;
for Thursday game(10/24/19) -
Wild-Predators - 4:3(OT).
The positive part from the last game was a better team's winning mentality, which maybe will be transferred at least to the next 2 games. We will be in a better position if the team will start placing  4-5 goals per game.

I predict we will see a lot of the other team's backup goalies from now on. The Oilers have two goalies, that are very similar, so that doesn't help us against them, but against other teams we might be helped by a "It's only the Wild" attitude.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WileyOz44 said:

Gonna get worse before it gets better. Thinking worse for at least 3 more years

You're optimistic that it can get worse.;) 

It could get worse if they trade somebody like Foligno.

He's about the only one who still plays with effort and heart on this team.

In fact I would trade him for his sake so he could enjoy his efforts with another actual team.

It's a time for the team to start winning at least with the same rate. It seems we are winning about every  other game (4-9-0 for October). In the next 5 months (November; December; January; February and March) we have a chance to make about 20 wins(4 per month). Last game we lost to St.Louis. But tomorrow we are going to win against the same team - a Stanley Cup winner of the last season. My prediction is 5:2 in a score. I did not predict 10:0 score, because it does not look too real against Binnington, but 5:2 is giving a slight satisfaction for the game on a home ice. Tarasenko is injured and is not going to be an issue for our team during the next 5 months. Hope, Dubnyk will be able to stop 48 out of their 50 shots towards our net; and Kunin, Donato; Fiala;Greenway and Parise each will be able to put a goal into the opposite net , but not into our net like it happened against a Dallas team.  Optimism even the worse one is a common part of our life. We just need to look for it . 😎.

• Like 1

Right now my optimism is just wanting to see a good full game...Win or lose.

Not just periods.

Can we for at least the next game win 5-2? ...Sure.

I need to see something click in the O and D lines to make me think that score is reasonably reached.

That's where my optimism will grow.

• Like 2

It seems the current dilemma among our fans -" must to win" or " must to lose" for every game of the Wild team, which is depending on the fans wishes -1) to tank for the future rebuild or 2) just to get a playoffs spot for the future attempt to reach a Stanley Cup finals.

As usual 🙂, I am predicting the win tonight  against Ducks with a score 3:2(OT). Hope , Boudreau found the solution to be successful in OT.🧐

And hope Donato will be able to put a goal tonight. I just do not believe, how good he was in about first 10 games after trading last season, and then became a non-factor for the Wild team as well as for the Calder Cup playoffs in the Iowa Wild uniform.

I think 25 wins could be the ceiling for this team. I would hope for Parise and Suter to waive their NTC but no team in their right mind would pick them up without basically the Wild still paying for at least 55% of their contract.

16 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

I think 25 wins could be the ceiling for this team. I would hope for Parise and Suter to waive their NTC but no team in their right mind would pick them up without basically the Wild still paying for at least 55% of their contract.

Parise has been a crybaby lately, he might, but who would take him...?

Suter? 🙂 No. Read McLellan's latest article? Suter: " “I love everything about my life right now,” defenseman Ryan Suter said. http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-thirty-something-veterans-rely-on-experience/564726832/?refresh=true

Unless you get a few lightnings hit these guys, this team is *%&&ed up 'till 2025.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Here is my prediction.

No one currently on this team wins a Stanley Cup while on this team.

Matt Dumba, Jordan Greenway, Luke Kunin will be ready for retirement before this team is cup ready.

I know for sure Koivu, Suter and Parise will never see a cup unless they somehow got traded to a cup winning team. Put I honestly don't think those 3 really care if they win or not. They all got very overpaid with contracts that made it impossible to do anything to them if they don't put any effort or care to win a cup out there. I believe, when people say Parise actually wants to win, it's all a act. If he wanted to win he knew signing that contract was really going to limit the team on what they can do and build. The effort and skill for him as dropped drastically in the last 5 years. I might be wrong but I really do believe he doesn't care about winning a Cup. Look at guys who wanted to win one so badly. The grind they do. The fact they will take over a game and carry it. The drive and fire behind their words. Parise had this the first few years but became very comfortable becoming a GM/Owner and making the team a focus on him and Suter.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, Hockey-78 said:

Care to elaborate?

Going to get worse before it gets better.... fan heartache of losing record bottom of the barrel for a couple 3 years. Worth it if we can ever make deep playoff runs in the future

28 minutes ago, WileyOz44 said:

Going to get worse before it gets better.... fan heartache of losing record bottom of the barrel for a couple 3 years. Worth it if we can ever make deep playoff runs in the future

I very much doubt 3 years is enough to be bad. Landing a top prospect in the next draft isn't enough either. Although I think too it's not going get just worse and worse if they make some good moves within the next year.

Say like, not offer extensions to Koivu and Dubnyk. Let Parise continue his hustle in the 4th line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I very much doubt 3 years is enough to be bad. Landing a top prospect in the next draft isn't enough either. Although I think too it's not going get just worse and worse if they make some good moves within the next year.

Say like, not offer extensions to Koivu and Dubnyk. Let Parise continue his hustle in the 4th line.

You are 100% correct.  Not offering to extend two of the Country Club, and diminishing the TOI of the other two will diminish their on ice contribution, and by default, their appalling lack of effort and team play on the ice.  However, I think the most effective 'shot across the bow' would be to pull the A's.  That will either change their arrogant attitude to positive, or motivate them to request a trade - which would help the team greatly - addition by subtraction.   We can then get a better look at what we don't have, and ensure some years of high draft choices and a full rebuild.  Not sure if BG would do it, but I am guessing CL will get in the way.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

You are 100% correct.  Not offering to extend two of the Country Club, and diminishing the TOI of the other two will diminish their on ice contribution, and by default, their appalling lack of effort and team play on the ice.  However, I think the most effective 'shot across the bow' would be to pull the A's.  That will either change their arrogant attitude to positive, or motivate them to request a trade - which would help the team greatly - addition by subtraction.   We can then get a better look at what we don't have, and ensure some years of high draft choices and a full rebuild.  Not sure if BG would do it, but I am guessing CL will get in the way.

And therein lies the problem, Craig Leipold. Nothing changes until he either sits down, shuts up, signs the checks and bars any players going to him or he sells the team. I can't see him sitting down so now it's a hope the attendance and money stop flowing in so he sells.

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Last year we had a thread the Wild are on a 105 point pace. I predict it's unnecessary to replicate that thread...

I predict we'll get back to that prediction in 5-6 years, if all goes well, and in 10 years if things don't go that smoothly.

5 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I predict we'll get back to that prediction in 5-6 years, if all goes well, and in 10 years if things don't go that smoothly.

Agree. I don’t think that we will get 105 points in the near future, maybe in 5-6 years or maybe.... We need to take a deep breath and to predict modestly only 2 points at a time/per game. For the Wild team it will be their best fans thread forever, especially if the team will be able to win.😎

On 11/20/2019 at 4:20 AM, Hockey-78 said:

These are not predictions but facts - the Wild's wins this season:

Ottawa - in the league standings 26th atm

Montreal - 11th

Edmonton - 5th

LA - 30th

Anaheim - 20th

Arizona twice - 7th

Buffalo - 17th

Now is just a prediction turn,but not facts at this moment.😂
Our win against  Rangers tonight with a score 5:4 in regulation.
Our win against Devils tomorrow with a score 3:2 in regulation.
We will take a break on predictions in OT. Too bad results so far.🏒