You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Howie58

Game 4: Flyers at Calgary; 10/15/19 @ 9 PM ET

Greetings:

The O and B continue the Western Trek against Calgary.  We are fairly heavy underdogs:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Note that Moose Elliott has an excellent track record (sub 2.0 GAA) against Calgary).  We face a backup, David Rittich.  The Flames are off to a slow start (2-4) with a sputtering offense. Let's hope they don't get in gear with us.  The Flames took both games last year.  Maybe new faces and coach change the outcome. 

Edited by Howie58

PROJECTED LINES (Subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton- 81 Carsen Twarynski
82 Connor Bunnaman - 12 Michael Raffl- 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 15 Matt Niskanen
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg

37 Brian Elliott
[79 Carter Hart]

Power Play 1: Giroux, Hayes, JVR, Voracek, Gostisbehere.
Power Play 2:  Lindblom, Couturier, Konecny, Provorov, Niskanen

Scratches: 55 Sam Morin (healthy).
Injured non-roster: 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines).

FLAMES

13 Johnny Gaudreau - 23 Sean Monahan - 28 Elias Lindholm
19 Matthew Tkachuk - 11 Mikael Backlund - 67 Michael Frolik
17 Milan Lucic - 93 Sam Bennett - 27 Austin Czarnik
88 Andrew Mangiapane -10 Derek Ryan - 16 Tobias Rieder

5 Mark Giordano - 7 TJ Brodie
55 Noah Hanifin - 24 Travis Hamonic
58 Oliver Kylington - 4 Rasmus Andersson

33 David Rittich
[39 Cam Talbot]

Power play 1: Tkachuk, Monahan, Gaudreau, Lindholm, Giordano.
Power play 2: Lucic, Backlund, Benett, Brodie, Andersson.

Scratches: 26 Michael Stone (healthy), 77 Mark Jankowski (healthy).
Injured reserve: Juuso Välimäki (offseason ACL repair surgery).

Same ol tired lineup for the flyers. The coach should do something different 😉

Well  Elliott between the pipes certainly makes me nervous for the one...but hey we have to start our search for a backup at some point why not tonight...

• Like 1

So do the coaches get together and agree to play backups? I think i read they are playing theirs

Does Stewart play tonight?  Wouldn't mind seeing what he can do in place of Bunnaman.  No offense to Bunnaman, but I wouldn't replace Raffl or Pitlick.  

No matter what happens, imagine Elliott will stay in net the entire game with the B2B with EDM tomorrow. Could get real ugly if they don't get on the Flames early.

Curious to see what kind of ice time Voracek gets.

Edited by vis

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Same ol tired lineup for the flyers. The coach should do something different 😉

I would like to add Farabee and Myers to the lineup but i would expect them to wait till they are back home before that takes place.

But hey guess what they have actually signed Chris Stewart to a contact.....Oh joy!!!!!!!

Well someone has to get punched in the face by Lucic. I dont want it to be a player who has value

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

But hey guess what they have actually signed Chris Stewart to a contact.....Oh joy!!!!!!!

Watching the Behind the Glass series makes me hate this less.

Everything I've seen from Stewart has been positive even down to helping Joel Farabee get past the Rangers game. 

He seems like a good guy to have around your team. He seems to get that this is his last crack at the NHL and he'll do what he has to to stick, if that means serving pop corn most nights... he's down. 

I understand that the Flyers have a degree of control over what gets out from this show, so it will have some bias, the show depicts Stewart in a good light though, I'm willing to bet it's because he is not a douche. 

He can give the team 10 relatively safe and hard minutes when necessary and It's not my money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vis said:

Curious to see what kind of ice time Voracek gets.

I bet that will directly correlate to his effort and attitude in his early shifts tonight.

Jake doesn't seem like a "pouter" to me, I know he's sensitive on social media but he seems less so dealing with the press and around the team. 

I don't think he'll stay in the dog house- I hope that line gets on the score sheet, they've done pretty well driving play. 

• Like 1

Really looking forward to all the posts about how the Flyers need a player like the Tkachuk kid that plays out there. 

I think Calgary is playing below their ability right now, that's a good line-up and their defense is mobile and skilled.

It should be a good test.  I like our team and how it plays so far this year.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the Stewart signing. He didn't really show much in preseason.

36 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Watching the Behind the Glass series makes me hate this less.

Everything I've seen from Stewart has been positive even down to helping Joel Farabee get past the Rangers game. 

He seems like a good guy to have around your team. He seems to get that this is his last crack at the NHL and he'll do what he has to to stick, if that means serving pop corn most nights... he's down. 

I understand that the Flyers have a degree of control over what gets out from this show, so it will have some bias, the show depicts Stewart in a good light though, I'm willing to bet it's because he is not a douche. 

He can give the team 10 relatively safe and hard minutes when necessary and It's not my money.

Maybe he can bump Jake off the shootout squad...he is 12 for 28 in shootouts and 3 for 3 in penalty shots.

Even without looking i know those numbers are better than Jake's among a few others...TK has never score in a shootout.

Hey WTF not right....i have reserved my spot on @radoran front lawn for the parade...better act fast his lawn s filling up!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We face a backup, David Rittich. 

Is he the backup though? He's played all but one of their games.

56 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Is he the backup though? He's played all but one of their games.

Yeah Talbot is the backup and who i would rather face...one's got a 906% and the other has a 850%....give me Talbot.

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Talbot is the backup and who i would rather face...one's got a 906% and the other has a 850%....give me Talbot.

Talbot is backup...sorry for the disinformation. 

Curious to see how Jake responds to his recent benching? My guess he will keep the turnovers under 5 and only lazily backcheck 3 times...:NinjaLookLeftRight1: 

Wonder if g is going to be a scratch again,oh wait he's been in the line up .

Flyers need their top payers to show up .

Flyers.........6

flames........3

G with a pair and a helper. 

J V R pots one ..

Hayes and T k pitch in one each..

Raffl snipes one .

Updated lines...Raffl at center??? Wut?

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 81 Carsen Twarynski
44 Chris Stewart - 12 Michael Raffl - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 15 Matt Niskanen
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg

37 Brian Elliott
[79 Carter Hart]

Power Play 1: Giroux, Hayes, JVR, Voracek, Gostisbehere.
Power Play 2:  Lindblom, Couturier, Konecny, Provorov, Niskanen

Scratches: 55 Sam Morin (healthy), 82 Connor Bunnaman (healthy).
Injured non-roster: 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines).

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

Well someone has to get punched in the face by Lucic. I dont want it to be a player who has value

Enter Stewart.