Flyers Sign Chris Stewart

radoran

32 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I know...I just got your report...
Something about some crazy lady talking bout importing recycled Minnesota players.

Will take it under advisement... :shifty:

Trade Hayes for Koivu!

SUOMI!

🇫🇮

While the league and the Flyers are moving away from the goon per say...you still need grit and Stewart provides that...esp in divisional match ups ...and is dirt cheap. Throw in his stellar shootout scoring percentage and I'm more than ok with this signing.

If he provides enen one one point vis shootout or punches the snot out of an opponent picking on a smaller teammate BONUS...and from where I sit both have a good chance of happening. Low risk decent return..no problem with this decision.

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

Watched Chris Stewart play for the Nottingham Panthers last season, he did not put up great numbers, 6 goals in 23 games, he never looked a class above the other players which you would have expected, that said there was plenty of grit and determination to his game. It comes as a bit of a surprise here to see him back in the NHL, but good luck to him.

Actually we will see for ourselves, three of us will be attending the 4pm game v Detroit, on Friday 29th November. Could anyone recommend any decent local sports bars that the Flyers fans attend pre game ? 

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Steve Flemming said:

Actually we will see for ourselves, three of us will be attending the 4pm game v Detroit, on Friday 29th November. Could anyone recommend any decent local sports bars that the Flyers fans attend pre game ? 

Philadelphia's Stadium Complex is terrific, but not exactly centrally located.

Your best "nearby" option would likely be "Xfinity Live".

• Like 2