Another Golden Knight tests positive-suspended

yave1964

Apparently what happens in Vegas doesn't stay there.

Valentin Zykov, a once touted prospect who has struggled to find a role in the NHL has tested positively for a banned PED and has been suspended for 20 games. He is the second Knight in two years, Nate Schmidt last year being the first to be suspended for failing a drug test for performance enhancing drugs.

Zykov of course said what players in every sport say: I have no idea how this got into my system but it is my body so I take responsibility for it, blah blah blah.

Something in the water in vegas.

6 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Something in the water in vegas.

That's almost definitely true lol.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if PED use in the NHL was NOT rampant. Maybe that's an unfair assumption for me to make, but there's doping in all the major sports, and they're really good at hiding it for the most part. 

• Like 1

@yave1964 @brelic

For my part, I'm sick of hearing all of these years about how drugs aren't a problem in the NHL. I'm with brelic and always have been with respect to PEDs in hockey. It's rampant in every level of sport, from pro to amateur, but almost nobody is using it in the NHL? Give me a break.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brelic said:

That's almost definitely true lol.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if PED use in the NHL was NOT rampant. Maybe that's an unfair assumption for me to make, but there's doping in all the major sports, and they're really good at hiding it for the most part. 

I think Laraque once said "Look at who has down years in the NHL on Olympic years and its obvious"

• Like 1

Zyukov says he had no idea what he was taking, but the Golden Knights say that he absolutely did know:

“We were notified by the NHL and NHLPA that Valentin has violated the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program,” the Golden Knights said. “We monitor the nutrition, supplement intake, and overall diet of our athletes on a continual basis throughout our entire season. Valentin knowingly used a banned substance without the consent, recommendation or knowledge of our team.”

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/golden-knights-zykov-knowingly-used-a-banned-substance-suspended-20-games-for-violating-nhl-nhlpa-ped-program

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, at this rate, if Vegas players are going to have to continually be tested for PEDs, they truly will give new meaning to Golden Knights... :shifty:

Golden Knights...usually that costs extra......

• Haha 1