Game 6: Stars at Flyers; 10/19/19 @ 7

Howie58

Greetings:

We are mild favorites against a very weak Dallas team that's giving up 1.5 goals more on average than it's scoring.  

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-vs-dallas-stars-10-19-19-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

You'd hope the Flyers are happy to be home and have licked their wounds from the Western trek.  On the other hand, Dallas is due for a bounce.  Maybe the Flyers open fast and score first to avoid reversion to last year's MO. 

Connor Bunnaman is heading to Lehigh.  Whether that leads to Nolan's reappearance or another call up remains to be seen.

https://broadstreetbuzz.com/2019/10/18/philadelphia-flyers-loan-connor-bunnaman-lehigh-valley-phantoms/

Best,

Howie

Edited by Howie58

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Greetings:

Under a best case, we rock these folks.  But I don't have much faith in the O and B these days.  If we do lose 9-1, the board will banish you for casting an evil spell.  

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

So we lose 9-1? 

Well they have loaned the Bunnyman back to LV so that means either Patrick is ready or they plan on calling up a center maybe to get Raffl out the center spot.

Raffl is solid on the wing not so much at center.

So maybe we see Rubtsov or Vorobyev get a callup.

Ok maybe not...

Conversation

EG8742ar_x96.jpg

Does not sound like there is a callup coming for tomorrow. Stewart will play, per AV. Hart starts in goal.

Conversation

EG8742ar_x96.jpg

Today was a positive step for Nolan Patrick, per Vigneault. He put in his longest skating session (about 30 mins) so far.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

I fear this Patrick thing.  I hope this isn't Forsberg II. Don't misunderstand me--I wish him well.  But I wonder if a visiting locker room soap will concuss him? OK...maybe a poorly fit jockstrap?

Yeah I'm afraid this isn't going to turn out well for the 2nd overall pick who fell into their laps.

Just the Flyers luck...

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers practice lines

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny

Lindblom-Hayes-Voracek

JVR-Laughton-Pitlick

Twarynski-Raffl-Stewart

Boy...the bottom six seems a tad strange.  JVR will start hitting the net but the other five....yikes.  

At this point I think I've seen enough of Pitlick to know that I'd rather one of our young guys skate in his place.

He's an NHLer but I don't think he's more skilled than any of our top 6 prospects in LHV. I would like to see  Rubstov or Vorobyev level skill on the 3rd line & push Pitlick down the line-up where his energy will be of more value. That makes Stewart the odd man out until one of those guys needs a break, or we need some extra size and "heaviness".

I am hoping Vorobyev can figure out the compete level necessary  to stick in the bigs,  I like his skill, vision and size alot. 

37 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Boy...the bottom six seems a tad strange.  JVR will start hitting the net but the other five....yikes.  

Agreed, this is fixing nothing with the bottom six.  If Voracek wasn't getting it done with Pitlick and Laughton, how the hell is JVR? 

Stewart needs to be gone.  This is worse than Lehtera or Weise to me because Fletcher has openly talked about just liking the guy as a person.

They have to make moves that will put Laughton and Pitlick on the 4th with Raffl where they belong.  If Echo or Twarks can outplay Pitlick, then so be it.  He'll be a good 13th or 14th.  

I also feel like it's time to get a night or two or Morin over Braun and NO, not just for the McDavid goal--for all of you defending him for not realizing who he was defending against. He had a really bad trip.  If there was no one waiting in the wings, then that's one thing but Morin's there and Myers is looming.  Braun and Hagg should both be on short leashes. 

Cap issues, roster size and waiver exemption of course make it interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

Agreed, this is fixing nothing with the bottom six.  If Voracek wasn't getting it done with Pitlick and Laughton, how the hell is JVR? 

Stewart needs to be gone.  This is worse than Lehtera or Weise to me because Fletcher has openly talked about just liking the guy as a person.

They have to make moves that will put Laughton and Pitlick on the 4th with Raffl where they belong.  If Echo or Twarks can outplay Pitlick, then so be it.  He'll be a good 13th or 14th.  

I also feel like it's time to get a night or two or Morin over Braun and NO, not just for the McDavid goal--for all of you defending him for not realizing who he was defending against. He had a really bad trip.  If there was no one waiting in the wings, then that's one thing but Morin's there and Myers is looming.  Braun and Hagg should both be on short leashes. 

Cap issues, roster size and waiver exemption of course make it interesting. 

I can see them sitting Hagg for Morin but not Braun.

I would be fine giving Robert the night off and letting Sam bang some bodies.

This game makes me nervous. Dallas has already lost 4 straight.

Flyers please don't be that team to help the Stars out of their turmoil.

Please don't be the team that you have shown in the past. Please. Time to turn the page.

And it starts with putting away the teams you're suppose to beat. Show me or us that you have changed.

Don't tell me. SHOW ME!

@brelic

So Mike Hoffman is on the block since the word is he won't resign in Florida.

So would you trade Jake for him?

Or what about JVR for him asking for a friend.

I am asking you because if I remember right you suggested this past offseason....I think it was you and I said no.

But i have changed my stance now.

So i wonder would Florida take one of those two because they are under contract for a few years and have no NTC or no NMC.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@brelic

So Mike Hoffman is on the block since the word is he won't resign in Florida.

So would you trade Jake for him?

Or what about JVR for him asking for a friend.

I am asking you because if I remember right you suggested this past offseason....I think it was you and I said no.

But i have changed my stance now.

So i wonder would Florida take one of those two because they are under contract for a few years and have no NTC or no NMC.

Interesting. 

I’d be tempted to ask about Hoffman, and a swap would depend on a few things. What’s going the other way? And how much for how long does Hoffman want? He’s 29, so not really interested in giving him a 7 year deal. If he wants 5 or less, I’d swap Voracek for him. 

If we actually want to start changing the core, this is one way to do it.

I’d keep JVR. 

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just 30 minutes I guess Patrick might be further away than we think.

Yeah, I’d be surprised if we see him before US Thanksgiving. Probably not before Christmas. 

Patrick hasn’t played a hockey game in almost 7 months. His practices are short, slow, and without contact. There’s a long way for him to go still.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brelic said:

Interesting. 

I’d be tempted to ask about Hoffman, and a swap would depend on a few things. What’s going the other way? And how much for how long does Hoffman want? He’s 29, so not really interested in giving him a 7 year deal. If he wants 5 or less, I’d swap Voracek for him. 

If we actually want to start changing the core, this is one way to do it.

I’d keep JVR. 

Yes I guess it would depend on what went with it or came back.

But I would honestly expect something back with him unless he signed a new contract before the trade.

The great thing about Hoffman is he can play all 3 forward positions.

I honestly wouldn't mind trading JVR for him first.

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny

68 Mike Hoffman - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek

49 Joel Farabee - 24 Misha Vorobyev - 23 Oskar Lindbom

12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 18 Tyler Pitlick

This wouldn't be a bad line up.

PROJECTED LINES (Subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 18 Tyler Pitlick
81 Carsen Twarynski - 12 Michael Raffl - 44 Chris Stewart

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Power Play 1: Giroux, Couturier, Konecny, Voracek, Gostisbehere.
Power Play 2: Lindblom, Hayes, JVR, Provorov, Niskanen.

Scratches: 55 Sam Morin (healthy).
Injured non-roster: 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines).

STARS

18 Jason Dickinson - 91 Tyler Seguin - 47 Alexander Radulov
14 Jamie Benn - 24 Roope Hintz - 10 Corey Perry
13 Mattias Janmark - 12 Radek Faksa - 16 Joe Pavelski
11 Andrew Cogliano - 37 Justin Dowling - 34 Denis Gurianov

23 Esa Lindell - 3 John Klingberg
5 Andrej Sekera - 4 Miro Heiskanen
2 Jamie Oleksiak - 42 Taylor Fedun

30 Ben Bishop
[35 Anton Khudobin]

Power Play 1: Pavelski, Benn, Radulov, Seguin, Klingberg.
Power Play 2: Gurianov, Hintz, Perry, Lindell, Heiskanen.

Scratches: 39 Joel Hanley (healthy), 49 Rhett Gardner (healthy).
Injured reserve: 15 Blake Comeau (lower body), 28 Stephen Johns (PCS),40 Martin Hanzal (back), 45 Roman Polak (fractured sternum).

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This game makes me nervous. Dallas has already lost 4 straight.

Flyers please don't be that team to help the Stars out of their turmoil.

Please don't be the team that you have shown in the past. Please. Time to turn the page.

And it starts with putting away the teams you're suppose to beat. Show me or us that you have changed.

Don't tell me. SHOW ME!

I think the Flyers are pretty ticked after the last game.  

Should hopefully be healthier too.