Game 6: Stars at Flyers; 10/19/19 @ 7

Howie58

57 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Puff Puff Pass..

Calm down dudes..

49 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Another slow start, and you want us to calm down. This is what has killed this team's playoff chances every time they have struggled or failed to make them in recent history. Playing "catch-up" (again) isn't the way to go about the season.

Totally agree with @FD19372 ....we have every right to have our feathers ruffled.    Slow starts will kill a season before you hit Black Friday.....  @intheslot you can not deny the piss poor starts that plague this club year in and year out ....  I give you the evidence going back 7 years.  You have to go back to 2011-12 season when they were above .500 after the 1st month.  

So no this fan base has every right to grumble with yet another slow start .......  this crap has got to stop...  Points lost early in the years will come back to haunt you when you are fighting for a playoff spot .....

Season 1st month Wins Loss
2018-19 12 5 7
2017-18 12 6 6
2016-17 10 4 6
2015-16 10 4 6
2014-15 10 4 6
2013-14 11 3 8
2012-13 12 5 7 (strike)

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Totally agree with @FD19372 ....we have every right to have our feathers ruffed.    Slow starts will kill a season before you hit Black Friday.....  @intheslot you can not deny the piss poor starts that plague this club year in and year out ....  I give you the evidence going back 7 years.  You have to go back to 2011-12 season when they were above .500 after the 1st month.  

So no this fan base has every right to grumble with yet another slow start .......  this crap has got to stop...  Points lost early in the years will come back to haunt you when you are fighting for a playoff spot .....

Season 1st month Wins Loss
2018-19 12 5 7
2017-18 12 6 6
2016-17 10 4 6
2015-16 10 4 6
2014-15 10 4 6
2013-14 11 3 8
2012-13 12 5 7 (strike)

It's crazy.

WTF will it take for it to end?? 

As long as i have been watching the Flyers (since the Lindros trade era) never do i remember a stretch where they are so slow out the gate.

At what point do the players be held accountable they have changed everything even the food and still we have this crap.

There is two things that remain consistent and that is the trademarked @radoran VeeGee's.

So when do we say f**k it and break up the gang. They have changed everything except that.

And i don't want Giroux stripped of the C without moving him. But if not that then what else?

I'm not saying this could be it but i look around and well it's the last rock that hasn't been overturned...

...i mean hell i seen reports of Jamie Benn on the block...would you do a Benn for Giroux trade?? Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Easy for a goalie with no "book" on him to come in and look strong. Andrew Hammond comes to mind top of head...

Teams have identified weaknesses and it's now on the goalie and coach to adapt to them.

But the addition of two vets to shore up the blue line and defensively responsible Hayes at 2C was supposed to mitigate that.

If you give up 15 shots in a game you're not supposed to see 3 goals against, sophomore slump or no sophomore slump...

This is what Fletch more or less accepted (and the fan base) when he anointed Hart as the starter. A 21 year old is going to come with bumps and bruises. 

In other words, if Fletch’s Plan was to be competitive this year, that probably wasn’t the best goalie choice. I love Hart and believe he will develop into a #1, and may even find his game and more consistency as the season wears on. But he might not, and that’s the risk Fletch went with. 

Always 2-3 years away from being 2-3 years away :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Unless your sophomore year is two years before you arguably should have been allowed to be a rookie.   I bet we're looking at the John Gibson route.

By the way, I'm not giving up on him or anything--not even for this season--but his sophomore year is well before it should have been.

Certainly not giving up.

Look at Price or Holtby and they've got their second season struggles - it's not unexpected. Not exactly ages older than Hart, either.

And onr of then has won a Cup...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So when do we say f**k it and break up the gang. They have changed everything except that.

And i don't want Giroux stripped of the C without moving him. But if not that then what else?

I'm not saying this could be it but i look around and well it's the last rock that hasn't been overturned...

And that is the million dollar question .....all other options have been exhausted.  I have been pretty patient through the past 5 years but I am at the point to just say eff-it.  Go the nuclear option and blow this up ..........   

I have, in not so many words, suggested about trading Giroux and was raked over the coals for it ......  I feel your pain

12 minutes ago, brelic said:

Always 2-3 years away from being 2-3 years away :D

Right. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

And wasn't it Hextall who preached patience with young players and not rushing them up - Patrick notwithstanding?

And now the issue is that Hart was rushed up?

The forecast is always sunny in Philadelphia.

And the rain keeps falling...

57 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's crazy.

WTF will it take for it to end?? 

As long as i have been watching the Flyers (since the Lindros trade era) never do i remember a stretch where they are so slow out the gate.

At what point do the players be held accountable they have changed everything even the food and still we have this crap.

There is two things that remain consistent and that is the trademarked @radoran VeeGee's.

...i mean hell i seen reports of Jamie Benn on the block...would you do a Benn for Giroux trade?? Asking for a friend.

Maybe not, but I would do a Voracek for Pavelski trade, injury issues for Little Joe or not. Joe's got heart on every shift.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would rather trade Voracek for Radulov than Joe.

I would also, but I think Dallas would be more reluctant to give Radulov up. Plus, he's two years younger, that may also play a role in the Stars front office's thinking.

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

Right. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

And wasn't it Hextall who preached patience with young players and not rushing them up - Patrick notwithstanding?

And now the issue is that Hart was rushed up?

The forecast is always sunny in Philadelphia.

And the rain keeps falling...

the problem is this organization goes from one extreme of the pendulum to the other side.  There is no happy medium or thought process to how they handle players / process's / or coaching staffs.  This organization has always been a knee jerking reaction to adversity .....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I would also, but I think Dallas would be more reluctant to give Radulov up. Plus, he's two years younger, that may also play a role in the Stars front office's thinking.

you never no ...I know Radulov had been placed on 2nd line unlike last year when he was on 1st so that Dallas could give Hintz all the time to develop.....  

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Sure but if you want Jake who is 3 years younger than Radulov and 5 younger than Joe well you have to play by my rules i mean Jake isn't a bum here or i find another suitor.

Hey i will take some of that though pass the dutchie to left hand side....

I think the addition of Farabee can add a nice injection of scoring and he can help on the PK.

Farabee can replace Pitlick on the PK units who has been rather unimpressive.

There even bumping him down to the 4th line where he belongs.

AV stresses. Trust. The. Process.

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 49 Joel Farabee
81 Carsen Twarynski - 12 Michael Raffl - 18 Tyler Pitlick

So the first step in the roster. Tweak. The next is replacing Twarynski who has fell back to earth. But baby steps.

One thing could be huge if Joel can help get JVR on the score sheet it could help a lot. Plus he can help hold onto the puck longer.

Win. Win. I hope it works. But i have to say Raffl at center i am not crazy about that 4th line.

Just now, ruxpin said:

Would not be shocked, honestly.

I have to say i like Appleyard's idea even better...

Just send Twarynski to the Phantoms.

Those are much better lines and Laughton is a 4th center at best.

36 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have to say i like Appleyard's idea even better...

Just send Twarynski to the Phantoms.

Those are much better lines and Laughton is a 4th center at best.

They did send Twarynski back and recalled Vorobyev.