Game 6: Stars at Flyers; 10/19/19 @ 7

Howie58

On 10/19/2019 at 9:22 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah not so much.

Struggling?

I got just the thing for you introducing the Philadelphia Flyers in their barn...

SMFH

Once again, they dominated the game but couldn't friggin' score.  

This time I can't put so much blame on Hart.  He was definitely off last game, but this game the shots that scored (and OMG his save percentage is getting destroyed these two games) were legit tips and screens and blown coverages IMHO. 

I'm glad Farabee is up. I think that's the right choice.  I'm not sure about Misha, but he's bound to be better at Center than Raffl is. 

I don't dislike Laughton as a player, and he did okay Saturday.  It was actually the 2nd line that sucked bad Saturday.  Them and the top pairing of Nisky and Provo which is like... come one guys!   

But maybe the Flu got to them later.  I don't know.

I do know I just hope AV is making the tweaks necessary to start scoring on this absurd chances they're getting and failing on.

I think the PP experiment has got to be over soon.  THey started out scoring despite it not working to which I was ready to say, whatever.  AV knows best.  But G and Jake on the wrong sides is just not panning out so far and they've now lost two games they should have won and might have if the PP was working better.  SO there's improvement, but I just hope These guys all understand how short the leash is with their fans.  

This is on paper, shades of the last two seasons-but for the dominating shots, xgfor,  and FO% and Corsi numbers which weren't as good last year. 

Jerry McGuire happened to be on last night and I just kept thinking... The Flyers don't need third jerseys.  They're CLOAKED in failure.

483785889_ScreenShot2019-10-21at9_33_22AM.png.aef76eb249b096d54f910453d12283db.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 9.33.22 AM.png

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It was you wasn't it....it's ok we won't report you....

No definitely not me.  I waited too long in line after the game to do that.  I was drinking Coke Zero orange out of it in fact last night while attempting to watch the Eagles game.  

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

I'm glad Farabee is up. I think that's the right choice.  I'm not sure about Misha, but he's bound to be better at Center than Raffl is. 

Misha has played well this year so far like Farabee has. Now is the time to see if they can help this sad bunch. 

And yes this gets Laughton off the 3rd line center spot and back on the 4th where he belongs. Now the next step is i hope Misha and Joel can get JVR going.

They just need to score some goals. Make the shots count who gives a f**K if you out shoot the other team but still lose.

3 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

while attempting to watch the Eagles game.  

Sorry i hear that. I was up late last night watching that sh it feast too.

Man they are a DumpsterFire2.jpg

I know it's well documented about the secondary struggles but the WRing core is hot garbage.

Nothing like having receivers who can't catch. Glad they have hung onto their draft picks looks like they will be some good ones.

Hope the Flyers can turn it around....Eagles are toast.

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Misha has played well this year so far like Farabee has. Now is the time to see if they can help this sad bunch. 

And yes this gets Laughton off the 3rd line center spot and back on the 4th where he belongs. Now the next step is i hope Misha and Joel can get JVR going.

They just need to score some goals. Make the shots count who gives a f**K if you out shoot the other team but still lose.

JVR is the worst culprit.  Dude is averaging over 5 shots per game and he can't find the net.  They're decent chances too.  His expected GF against the Oilers was higher than the entire Oilers team (granted most of their goals didn't qualify as expected chances).  

This is what I mean about AV giving a nudge to things here and there.  They're just not making the most of their opportunities, but they're doing quite well at getting those opportunities.  

It's maddening and the last thing I want to see is any of them being okay with it.  To be playing this well and have a losing record is really pretty god awful. 

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry i hear that. I was up late last night watching that sh it feast too.

Man they are a DumpsterFire2.jpg

I know it's well documented about the secondary struggles but the WRing core is hot garbage.

Nothing like having receivers who can't catch. Glad they have hung onto their draft picks looks like they will be some good ones.

Hope the Flyers can turn it around....Eagles are toast.

NFL Football is a game of overcoming injuries. Sadly, the Eagles aren't.  They haven't replenished what they've lost over the two seasons since the super bowl and what they have done is hurt and Pedersen isn't adapting the offense well at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King Knut said:

JVR is the worst culprit.  Dude is averaging over 5 shots per game and he can't find the net. 

It's worse than that. The Oilers game he had 9 shots on goal. Stars game he had 9 shots on goal.

Leads the Flyers this season so far with 32 shots on goal and he has as many points and goals and you and i combined.

He is straight up stealing from the club. But he is a reflection of his Captain he has 20 shots on goal and zero goals.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's worse than that. The Oilers game he had 9 shots on goal. Stars game he had 9 shots on goal.

Leads the Flyers this season so far with 32 shots on goal and he has as many points and goals and you and i combined.

He is straight up stealing from the club. But he is a reflection of his Captain he has 20 shots on goal and zero goals.

Thing is, we now JVR and G can score goals.  Something else is afoot.

There's something wrong with the chances they're getting.

Opitmistically, it's not necessarily something wrong, just something NEW and they're taking time to adjust to it. 

I'm not sure.  This is where having the experience behind the bench that they do hopefully helps a great deal.

The upside is, if they could figure out that tweak, they would be scoring a lot of goals.   This kind of thing can't go on all season.  It's just a matter of whether they figure it out and start scoring crazy goals or if they give up and try a new approach.

One thing we can't really point to right now is laziness on offense.  

20 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Something else is afoot.

I just think the whole team is pressing. It happens they are human at the end of the day.

Hopefully they find a way out of this slump. Score some goals bag some wins. And maybe they dig out of this.

They have to no one else is going to save them. They have to save themselves.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just think the whole team is pressing. It happens they are human at the end of the day.

Hopefully they find a way out of this slump. Score some goals bag some wins. And maybe they dig out of this.

They have to no one else is going to save them. They have to save themselves.

I am 100% happier with the way they are playing... except for the scoring of the goals.  Which hurts.  A lot.  

• Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 9:11 AM, OccamsRazor said:

See if they just listened to me in the beginning, we could have avoided all this stress

Great point aboit SOG....totally concur

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

See if they just listened to me in the beginning, we could have avoided all this stress

Great point aboit SOG....totally concur

I vote you at least assistant coach....best i can do who's job you want?