Game 7: Knights at Flyers; 10/21/19 @ 7

Howie58

Elliot really looking like an All World goaltender tonight.
Too bad he just can't do that on a consistent basis...and stay healthy.

Flyer bottom six doing some real good work as well.
Vegas is a very fast team and Philly's grinders are holding them off pretty well.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No way....puff puff pass...what would they have done without his 7 minutes??? Certainly lose!!!!

1000% marketing.

He actually had a good game.   All three of the bottom three lines did.

But 3rd star?

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What he really did make 3rd star?? I thought FD was joking. Who were the other two?

No idea.  I don't actually care about the 3 stars.   I missed the final couple minutes because I had to cook dinner.

#NotHalibut

Edited by ruxpin

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Strange to see TK and Lindblom leading the Flyers in goals on the season

Is it? Lindblom maybe, but TK has always had the skill to be this team's goal leader. Whether he'll end the season at the top or not remains to be seen, but I definitely think it's just a matter of time if not.

I think he is the most talented forward we have not named Giroux or Couturier, and he's got a better shot than both of those guys.

7 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Is it?

Yeah Giroux, Coots and Jake have all been the leaders for the last several years...sure we thought TK could maybe get there and maybe now he has but it's only 7 games in.

And will they by the end is anyone's guess. But if they stay healthy i like their chances.

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Strange to see TK and Lindblom leading the Flyers in goals on the season

Interesting you say that. During the game, I kept thinking, "well, I guess this is the year that the torch is passed from the older guys to the younger guys."

Also, PP2 looks soooo much better than PP1.

Oskar in particular is a possession beast. 

Edited by brelic
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, brelic said:

Interesting you say that. During the game, I kept thinking, "well, I guess this is the year that the torch is passed from the older guys to the younger guys."

I'd say it's very possible. I'm also not very surprised by it. This is especially true in the goal department, where we really don't have a top flight goal scorer on the roster right now.

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Giroux, Coots and Jake have all been the leaders for the last several years...sure we thought TK could maybe get there and maybe now he has but it's only 7 games in.

In pts yeah, but none of those guys are real goal scorers (maybe Couts, but his goals are usually net front goals rather than shots). TK certainly has a better shot than any of those three. They do other things well, but they're not snipers by any stretch. I can definitely see TK especially leading this team in goals in this year.

Voracek doesn't belong in any conversation related to scoring goals. I'm pretty sure he grew up shooting into a soccer net.

Edited by elmatus
  • Good Post 1