Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Hockey Junkie

Vladimir Tarasenko Out 5 Months

Recommended Posts

 

tara.jpg.6d9c68d6ab5519d2dc72f9ff3a3db398.jpg

 

The defending Stanley Cup champion St Louis Blues have just received a dose of bad news.  Teresenko, the superstar that helped the Blues hoist their first Cup, is now to be lost for 5 months due to shoulder surgery.  If they can survive without him and still make the playoffs, it would seem he would return for that.  I believe they are deep enough to do it. 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
Photo add
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

The defending Stanley Cup champion St Louis Blues have just received a dose of bad news.  Teresenko, the superstar that helped the Blues hoist their first Cup, is now to be lost for 5 months due to shoulder surgery.  If they can survive without him and still make the playoffs, it would seem he would return for that.  I believe they are deep enough to do it. 

 

Holy crap.

 

I agree they should still be fine, but what a huge loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

Holy crap.

 

I agree they should still be fine, but what a huge loss.

He had 10 points in 10 games.  I expected this to be a big year for Teresenko.  I am sure he is very disappointed.  He was injured vs the Kings. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after hearing the update that Teresenko is likely gone for he season, that really sucks.  I do not agree with the blatant statement by one insensitive member here saying, "there goes the repeat".  Yes he is a huge piece.  But it does not eliminate the Blues from contention on its own.  No way.  Its very tough to repeat anyway.   Of course I would bet against it even if he was here. But you cannot rule out a team of their talent just like that.  No way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well after hearing the update that Teresenko is likely gone for he season, that really sucks.  I do not agree with the blatant statement by one insensitive member here saying, "there goes the repeat".  Yes he is a huge piece.  But it does not eliminate the Blues from contention on its own.  No way.  Its very tough to repeat anyway.   Of course I would bet against it even if he was here. But you cannot rule out a team of their talent just like that.  No way

 

Ace post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I do not agree with the blatant statement by one insensitive member here saying, "there goes the repeat".  

 

Was that in the chatbox?

 

I agree with the rest of your post, too.   Yeah, the odds were against the Blues repeating if only because man, that's really tough to do.  But I also agree that while doing it without Taresenko is harder than with, it doesn't kill their chances.  It just gives them a bit of a steeper hill to climb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

Was that in the chatbox?

 

I agree with the rest of your post, too.   Yeah, the odds were against the Blues repeating if only because man, that's really tough to do.  But I also agree that while doing it without Taresenko is harder than with, it doesn't kill their chances.  It just gives them a bit of a steeper hill to climb.

 

Heh....
Yes, it was.

I took as an offhand remark, probably just taking a jab at a certain over-the-top poster....and it worked beautifully.

Of COURSE, losing one man on a deep team doesn't sink the chances of winning a championship, and yes, I agree with you that it just makes it more difficult...…. but I love the comedy gold where a single off the cuff remark can send some people into a frenzy!
:bigteeth:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

 

Was that in the chatbox?

 

I agree with the rest of your post, too.   Yeah, the odds were against the Blues repeating if only because man, that's really tough to do.  But I also agree that while doing it without Taresenko is harder than with, it doesn't kill their chances.  It just gives them a bit of a steeper hill to climb.

Agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious post time:

This just means guys like Perron, Schwartz, Fabbri (anyone remember him? yea..him…) are gonna have to step up their games and maybe even others like Sanford, Sundqvist, and Thomas may have to play a step above their paygrades to contribute and help fill the large gap left by Tarasenko.

The Blues still remain strong down the middle with O'Reilly, Schenn and Bozak.
Those guys will still find players on the wings....the wingers just need to bury the chances. Plain n simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way it is a huge loss for the team. Not sure if they will be able to climb again without him. Maybe. They have a chance, if their #1 goalie Binnington will be playing the same way as he did last year.

 

Actually, the player's last name is Tarasenko, which is coming from a not very common first name there - Taras.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

No way it is a huge loss for the team. Not sure if they will be able to climb again without him. Maybe. They have a chance, if their #1 goalie Binnington will be playing the same way as he did last year.

 

Actually, the player's last name is Tarasenko, which is coming from a not very common first name there - Taras.

 

As was already stated, repeating as Stanley Cup champions was already difficult enough even fully manned.
Losing Mr. Tarasenko certainly doesn't help the team, but it still isn't impossible.

If anything, this St. Louis Blues team last season showed how "not impossible" things can be in the NHL.
Their Cup win is living proof as by all rights they should have missed the playoffs after the start and middle of the season they had.

Like I said, it will mean many other guys are going to have to up their games, guys no one knows anything about will need to make themselves known, and of course, the defense, goaltending and execution will need to be there 100%.

If they do all that, there is an outside chance....small, but possible....that they can  have Vladimir back in time for the playoffs.
Imagine that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course. It is because he is on my fantasy hockey team.

  • Uggh... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Of course. It is because he is on my fantasy hockey team.

 

LOL.  Thought it.   Wasn't gonna say it.

Gonna blame you for Landeskog, too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Of course. It is because he is on my fantasy hockey team.

Mine too, yave. I feel your pain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proof that the Blues are still a plenty deep team..
Since Tarasenko went down, the team is 4-1-0.
Granted, the teams St. Louis has beaten in those 4 wins are Minnesota (sadly, for me, twice), Detroit, and Columbus...not exactly Cup contenders or even playoff contenders....and the one loss was to a good Bruins team, who shut them out 3-0.

Is that Bruin loss more telling than the 4 wins against non contenders? We shall see.
Blues now take their Western Canadian trip through surprising Vancouver, upstart Edmonton, and should-be contenders Calgary.

The Vancouver and Edmonton games are played on back to back nights as well.
This should give us a bit more insight as to what these Blues still have without Vladimir in their lineup.

 

Oh, and this just in...Jake Allen is STILL terrible.
He should find out where Jim Carey and Andrew Hammond disappeared to and go join them.....

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Oh, and this just in...Jake Allen is STILL terrible.
He should find out where Jim Carey and Andrew Hammond disappeared to and go join them.....

 

 

NHL GOALIE CEMEERY.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

 

 

NHL GOALIE CEMEERY.jpg

 

Cory Schneider and Jonathan Quick will be joining them shortly as well.....
Good gawd, what happened to these one time top tier netminders????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 1
      Post
      The defending Stanley Cup champion St Louis Blues have just received a dose of bad news.  Teresenko, the superstar that helped the Blues hoist their first Cup, is now to be lost for 5 months due to shoulder surgery.  If they can survive without him and still make the playoffs, it would seem he would return for that.  I believe they are deep enough to do it. 
    • 1
      Post
      He had 10 points in 10 games.  I expected this to be a big year for Teresenko.  I am sure he is very disappointed.  He was injured vs the Kings. 
    • 1
      Post
      Ace post.
    • 1
      Post
      No way it is a huge loss for the team. Not sure if they will be able to climb again without him. Maybe. They have a chance, if their #1 goalie Binnington will be playing the same way as he did last year.   Actually, the player's last name is Tarasenko, which is coming from a not very common first name there - Taras.
    • 1
      Post
      As was already stated, repeating as Stanley Cup champions was already difficult enough even fully manned. Losing Mr. Tarasenko certainly doesn't help the team, but it still isn't impossible. If anything, this St. Louis Blues team last season showed how "not impossible" things can be in the NHL. Their Cup win is living proof as by all rights they should have missed the playoffs after the start and middle of the season they had. Like I said, it will mean many other guys are going to have
    • 1
      Post
      LOL.  Thought it.   Wasn't gonna say it. Gonna blame you for Landeskog, too.

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...