Game 11: Flyers at Pens; 10/29/19 @ 7:00

Howie58

1 minute ago, SCFlyguy said:

And yet we have caveman moron Flyer fans complaining the team isn't tough enough.  Speed kills.

If you have a team with speed that is also tough you will be unstoppable. No one is saying that the Flyers need a Donald Brashear kind of tough guy, but some big "skilled"players that have leadership ability would be nice. We have a bunch of small Beta Male soyboys and big Baby Hughie ******* like Voracek and JVR. The Islanders knocked us all over the ice and now the Pens are skating circles around us. We have no mental or physical toughness . Giroux and Voracek are not leaders , it's quite obvious. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

And yet Ron Jeremy and others have complaining about team toughness like its 1985.

You cant seem to differentiate between toughness and goon hockey. If you can have a big skilled guy like Matthew Tkachuk over a big puss like JVR it's a no brainer. A blend of skill and tough, not goon hockey.  Pronger was skilled and tough and a leader, without him we never get to the finals. This team is soft in every way and has no balls or leadership.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

@SCFlyguy In reference to your statement...Malkin is big and not very fast, but when he is on the ice against us we could never contain him. So having big tough players is still important. Todays hockey is so friggin boring, there is no hitting, no battling in front and there is no hatred among the teams, there is no passion. We dont have any player that the other teams hate. I've been watching since 74, and we always had guys that the other team hated and hated to play against. Thelast exciting team we had  was 2010. We need a Hartnell type agitator, this team has no personality. They are boring plain  vanilla. 

Dang, was excited to come home from Squirt hockey practice and watch, but in the words of the great Wick Thayer (Susan Ross foundation Seinfeld) “and now? Not!”

It was over during the 10 min drive home!  So pathetic!

If my season ticket rep called me today and asked me to renew my answer would be :HahaNO:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

And yet Ron Jeremy and others have complaining about team toughness like its 1985.

Nobody on this team could even come close to holding a member of the 1985 Flyers jocks and that goes down to depth guys like Lindsay Carson.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Man do I miss that team 

Last of the Flyers teams with Keith Allen’s fingerprints on them.  They were the whole reason I fell in love with hockey and the Flyers and the Flyers have gotten a lot of mileage and money out of me just because of the 1984-1988 teams.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Last of the Flyers teams with Keith Allen’s fingerprints on them.  They were the whole reason I fell in love with hockey and the Flyers and the Flyers have gotten a lot of mileage and money out of me just because of the 1984-1988 teams.

Absolutely agree.... and that was before the age of the internet and fan forums such as this.... I remember staying up and listening on the radio .... damn I miss Gene Harts voice....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Absolutely agree.... and that was before the age of the internet and fan forums such as this.... I remember staying up and listening on the radio .... damn I miss Gene Harts voice....

I used to listen to the Flyers on 610 WIP and i live in NY but i had this am radio that was pretty good and id listen to all the Flyers games . I remember listening to Tom Bladons 8 point night against the Cleveland Barons in 1977