Wild vs. Stars 10/29/19 @ 7:30PM CST at American Airlines Center

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Stars Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (4-7-0)  8pts  6th in the Central

2.36 Goals For Per Game (29th in the NHL)

3.36 Goals Against Per Game (23rd in the NHL)

15.8% Power Play (23rd in the NHL)

80% Penalty Kill (18th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #77 Brad Hunt ~ 4G 2A = 6pts

2. #12 Eric Staal ~ 3G 3A = 6pts

3. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 1G 5A = 6pts

4. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 3G 2A = 5pts

5. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 2G 3A = 5pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 19 PIM’s

2. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 8 PIM’s

3. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 8 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Alex Stalock (2-2-0)  1.98GAA  .928%SP  1SO

2. #40 Devan Dubnyk (2-5-0)  3.92GAA  .880%SP

Vs.

Dallas Stars (4-8-1)  9pts  5th in the Central

1.92 Goals For Per Game (31st in the NHL)

2.69 Goals Against Per Game (10th in the NHL)

8.3% Power Play (30th in the NHL)

82.9% Penalty Kill (11th in he NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #24 Roope Hintz ~ 6G 1A = 7pts

2. #4 Miro Heiskanen ~ 3G 3A = 6pts

3. #91 Tyler Seguin ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

4. #13 Mattias Janmark ~ 1G 4A = 5pts

5. #14 Jamie Benn ~ 1G 4A = 5pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #47 Alexander Radulov ~ 12 PIM’s

2. #3 John Klingberg ~ 10 PIM’s

3. #2 Jamie Oleksiak ~ 7 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #30 Ben Bishop (3-5-1)  2.34GAA  .920%SP

2. #35 Anton Khudobin (1-3-0)  2.80GAA  .890%SP

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview today, which features a documentary video on why the North Stars left Minnesota made by a good friend of mine.  I will be writing up the post-gamer.  Greenway and Fiala are apparently medically cleared to play, but will they?  I am not sure we're better with them or without them to be honest.  Enjoy and discuss...

• Like 1

I think we have a chance to win this game and move up above the Stars. IMO, the team without Greenway and Fiala is looking better. Mayhew has 2 goals already. And so far Stalock's stats are not bad at all. Actually he has 2 SO - 1 against Senators and 1 against Oilers.

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I think we have a chance to win this game and move up above the Stars. IMO, the team without Greenway and Fiala is looking better. Mayhew has 2 goals already. And so far Stalock's stats are not bad at all. Actually he has 2 SO - 1 against Senators and 1 against Oilers.

No, he doesn't. Dubnyk started that game and had to be removed because of injury. The team gets credit for the shut out, but neither goalie does since they didn't play the entire game.

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

No Mayhew. I just don't understand how this works. Why is a guy who has scored two goals with limited game time not playing? I don't see much in him, but he's scored. One should reward goals, not the opposite.

You probably had a chance to see the lines for tonight game from a Michael Russo Tweeter:

Zucker-Staal-Zuccarello

Parise-Eriksson Ek-Kunin

Foligno-Koivu-Hartman

Greenway-Rask-Fiala/Donato

And BB confirmed that Fiala will be sitting on the bench this evening.

Koivu is a center for the 3rd line. Stalock in the net, and Dubnyk will be against St.Louis team. Mayhew reassigned to Iowa.

IMO, he should be here, because he is capable to put goals and, for me, it does not matter how he does that with a limited game time. 

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

No Mayhew. I just don't understand how this works. Why is a guy who has scored two goals with limited game time not playing? I don't see much in him, but he's scored. One should reward goals, not the opposite.

Mayhew got reassigned because Greenway and Fiala came back. The team can’t send Greenway or Fiala to Iowa without waivers. Mayhew doesn’t need waivers. It sucks, but that’s the system. 
Greenway was playing better before he got his bell rung so he gets the nod over that turnover machine Fiala. 
If Fiala wants to get on the ice again, he needs to stop turning the puck over and quit playing like Tinkerbell...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Mayhew got reassigned because Greenway and Fiala came back. The team can’t send Greenway or Fiala to Iowa without waivers. Mayhew doesn’t need waivers. It sucks, but that’s the system. 
Greenway was playing better before he got his bell rung so he gets the nod over that turnover machine Fiala. 
If Fiala wants to get on the ice again, he needs to stop turning the puck over and quit playing like Tinkerbell...

Every time I see Fiala play I’m reminded of how bad we were scr—ed by Nashville. 

Also, if you read my preview, I asked the age old question.....where were you Halloween 1991?

I asked because we got our first snowfall of the year last night here in Wisconsin.

I was in good ol' Houston, MN....while the rest of the state got buried by tons of snow, we in SE Minnesota got loads of ice. It was not fun.

Edited by MNSOTA

7 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Also, if you read my preview, I asked the age old question.....where were you Halloween 1991?

I asked because we got our first snowfall of the year last night here in Wisconsin.

I was in good ol' Houston, MN....while the rest of the state got buried by tons of snow, we in SE Minnesota got loads of ice. It was not fun.

I was leaving the Honeywell plant at about 2 AM after an asbestos abatement job. The driver side power window on my car got stuck down, so I had to borrow plastic and duct tape from the abatement crew to seal my window up. It took me about two hours to drive the normal twenty minutes to St Paul. Where I was snowed in for the next three days. 

53 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

I was in Cannon falls driving to Burnsville. Normally 45 minutes, 3 hrs.

Interestingly enough, the following school year, I would transfer to what then was called the Minnesota Center for Arts Education (now called the Perpich Center for Arts Education), aka the Arts High School in Golden Valley (it's at the old Golden Valley Lutheran College campus), and heard all about the blizzard from students who were enrolled there at the time.

Being a residential high school, students were literally trapped on campus without food service. The dorm staff had to scrounge up food for the students in the dorm. The only restaurant nearby was a Denny's that was across Olson Memorial Hwy (Hwy 55) from the school and those students who braved the hike across 55 had limited options at Denny's.

5 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Stars must have been watching the Wild chase the puck from the Nashville game...

As long as it's the Stars playing like the Wild in that particular game and not a "lather, rinse, repeat" game for the Wild, I'm okay with it.