Trade Giroux F away

phlfly

I'm serious since 2013 as he become captian this team either not qualify for playoffs or lost in first round which is same as not qualify. 

the guy is working hard enough to be an elite player with such salary . 

I said it two years ago and never changed my mind. he didn't bring to the team . we had 4 different coaches over his time and no results. Just trade him f away. he is curse for the team. 

Unlike Hextall, Fletcher is not married to any of these guys.  I think its fair to question the top guys....the vets. You can't fire the coach....that excuse has passed, it may be time for a move that shakes the core. These types of efforts have become to common place in the last few years. What are the common denominators?

On top of the product on the ice, one of the most annoying things is that they are so cap strapped that every single move they make will need massive roster juggling and or LTIR which only hurts them in the future. 

Add to that the retained salaries they have to eat and next season will be a problem.

Braun is turning out to be a luxury we couldn't afford. And he should never have been traded for. 

Sure do wish we had that Stewart cap space right now. (sarcasm font)

This is what happens when corporate suits think they know sports. 

Hexy spent years trying to get this team in a position where they could be flexible. Say what you want about the tempo of his plan, but if he were here still the same would probably be better off, at least not any worse....and they would be in a better position to do something about it. 

Freaking dumpster fire from a management standpoint. And that is who I blame just as much as anyone. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I think its fair to question the top guys....the vets.

Well the last 3 remaining who have all that stench on them are Giroux, Voracek and Couturier....i'm keeping Coots.

The other two i am at the point of listening to an offer for them...it must be a sold return.

But i have been saying it for while....move Voracek right now. Trade him out and see how that works.

Then if that doesn't have the desired affect then let's move Giroux....

• Like 3

G is suck!

That game was pathetic.  I would listen to any and all offers at the moment but I don't suspect G is the problem.  The guy is a heck of a hockey player - he will never be the Messier type leader in that dressing room but that does not mean he is a bad captain.  Our defense is a wreck and our goal tending is not helping matters at the moment.

For all the talk about how great our young players are it is difficult when you lose Patrick and Laughton to serious time.   Ghost, Sanheim and the rest of the defense have been piss poor as of late.  We have TK and probably Farabee right now that are blue chips along with Frost - adding Lindy to that list as well.  Outside of that most of the prospects and/or young players are not making any impact.  Provy looks like a player but he has regressed and hoping he returns to form and develops. Frankly, I am honestly done with Ghost and just don't think he is mentally a strong player - if he does not get his way he is not coachable.

One game... if they are on the outside come December a move needs to be made.

Edited by murraycraven
Forgot Lindy :0)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

agree ....however ....that contract is is going to be unmovable .....

Still believe this was Hextall's worst signing.   There was no reason to sign him to that contract when he did.   He created his own market for a RFA.

• Like 3

Just now, pilldoc said:

agree ....however ....that contract is is going to be unmovable .....

I don't think so...Jake isn't worthless let's be clear hear has been pretty productive he is just in need of change of scenery...a 30 year old RW with only 4 years left on his deal who usually produces between 65-70 points a year has value around the league.

Chuckles will just have to do some calling around but he is movable once you make up your mind it must be done.

So go pick up the phone....hell you can even add someone and make it a package deal....just go do it! It's time!

2 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Still believe this was Hextall's worst signing.

For all the good Hexy did do ........ this one still irritates me the most like prickly heat on your butt during a long hot summer ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think so...Jake isn't worthless let's be clear hear has been pretty productive he is just in need of change of scenery...a 30 year old RW with only 4 years left on his deal who usually produces between 65-70 points a year has value around the league.

Chuckles will just have to do some calling around but he is movable once you make up your mind it must be done.

So go pick up the phone....hell you can even add someone and make it a package deal....just go do it! It's time!

see and I respectfully disagree .....  Jake makes boneheaded mistakes every game .....

image.thumb.png.91d64cc5894643899dbf4a9c7e896ffa.png

8.25 million is a lot of greenbacks .....  I just don't see how you move that unless you retain salary. (or you take a similar type contract back)

image.png.9fc025f925c3b14fa59e701226f8b814.png

Except for 2017-18 and 2014-15  I really don't see him as a consistent 65-70 pt player.

Currently he is on pace for 30G and 37A = 67 PTS (However he is currently shooting 17% when is CSH% is around 9.)  

Factor that in, I see him at around 22G and 37A = 59 PTS.

I just don't see another team taking on that contract for those types of numbers .......

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

I just don't see another team taking on that contract for those types of numbers .......

Ottawa has 8.5 mill in cap space right now.

Jake Voracek

Robert Hagg

for

Vladislav Namestnikov

Erik Brannstrom

Sharks 1st rounder

Hey start there....they need star players....we need a dump....

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Vladislav Namestnikov

been a journeyman so far ..... (Tampa / Rags / Sens).  I would pass on this guy ... but I could be wrong .....

Agree that the Sens have space though

Edited by pilldoc

36 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Ghost, Sanheim and the rest of the defense have been piss poor as of late.

Not sure what is going on with the kid but man he gets panicked easily and falls down a lot...he has to me taken the Hartnell down baton and is running with it...sometimes he looks like a newborn baby fawn on his skates man it sticks out a lot to me barely hit him and he goes down...he has severe balance issues he needs to resolve.

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

been a journeyman so far ..... (Tampa / Rags / Sens).  I would pass on this guy ... but I could be wrong .....

Agree that the Sens have space though

Sure but i am trying to move Jake and take some salary back and well Boedker doesn't do anything for me.

Vlad has 4 goals (it would be tied for 3rd on Flyers) and 3 assists(would be tied for 7th on Flyers)  7 points (would be tied for 4th on the Flyers) in 11 games....so i ask you could it be worse....and besides he is off the books after this year or can be resigned if he looks good.

It is why i asked for Brannstrom and a 1st in return.

Point being Jake would be gone.

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 49 Joel Farabee
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 13 Kevin Hayes - 90 Vladislav Namestnikov
18 Tyler Pitlick - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 44 Chris Stewart

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 26 Erik Brannstrom

79 Carter Hart

37 Brian Elliott

Hey it's a start. And it would free up around 4 mill in cap space.

Hey, I'll start the rumor right now. I wonder if we could get Borowiecki and Tkachuk, and throw a pick or two their way to Ottawa (I think OR was alluding to trading Voracek there for veteran "star ...cough cough... power". This would be a really solid move, especially for the Flyers. Maybe we can get a pick back as well.  I would love to have Keith Tkschuk's bloodline playing in this organization.

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but i am trying to move Jake and take some salary back and well Boedker doesn't do anything for me.

Vlad has 4 goals (it would be tied for 3rd on Flyers) and 3 assists(would be tied for 7th on Flyers)  7 points (would be tied for 4th on the Flyers) in 11 games....so i ask you could it be worse....and besides he is off the books after this year or can be resigned if he looks good.

It is why i asked for Brannstrom and a 1st in return.

Point being Jake would be gone.

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 49 Joel Farabee
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 13 Kevin Hayes - 90 Vladislav Namestnikov
18 Tyler Pitlick - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 44 Chris Stewart

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 26 Erik Brannstrom

79 Carter Hart

37 Brian Elliott

Hey it's a start. And it would free up around 4 mill in cap space.

I see your point.... hard to argue against it.... I do like including Brannstrom...

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ottawa has 8.5 mill in cap space right now.

Jake Voracek

Robert Hagg

for

Vladislav Namestnikov

Erik Brannstrom

Sharks 1st rounder

Hey start there....they need star players....we need a dump....

The problem is Ottawas owner is a cheap bastard. Christ, they made the conference finals a couple years ago....most of their best players from that team have left.

And I don't know why a team in full rebuild trades youth and picks for a 30 year old with a bad contract. Other than...Ottawa.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

Seems like anytime the team sucks, there is a call for trading the captain, and blaming him for all the woes. That seems like a knee jerk reaction. Imagine if Detroit had done that with Yzerman

If you want to trade Jake, count me in, just get something useful in return that will have an immediate impact. I. Fact, do me a favor and have it done by Saturday's game

• Like 1