Wild vs. Blues 10/30/19 @ 7:00PM CST at Scottrade Center

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Blues Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (4-8-0)  8pts  7th in the Central

2.42 Goals For Per Game (28th in the NHL)

3.58 Goals Against Per Game (27th in the NHL)

19% Power Play (19th in the NHL)

79.5% Penalty Kill (19th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 4G 4A = 8pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 4G 3A = 7pts

3. #77 Brad Hunt ~ 4G 3A = 7pts

4. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

5. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 19 PIM’s

2. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 8 PIM’s

3. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 8 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (2-5-0)  3.92GAA  .880%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (2-3-0)  2.49GAA  .914%SP  1SO

Vs.

St. Louis Blues (6-3-3)  15pts  3rd in the Central

3.08 Goals For Per Game (15th in the NHL)

3.17 Goals Against Per Game (16th in the NHL)

25.6% Power Play (6th in the NHL)

81.1% Penalty Kill (15th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #10 Brayden Schenn ~ 9G 4A = 13pts

2. #57 David Perron ~ 6G 6A = 12pts

3. #90 Ryan O’Reilly ~ 3G 9A = 12pts

4. #17 Jaden Schwartz ~ 1G 9A = 10pts

5. #27 Alex Pietrangelo ~ 4G 3A = 7pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #57 David Perron ~ 12 PIM’s

2. #19 Jay Bouwmeester ~ 8 PIM’s

3. #70 Oskar Sundqvist ~ 8 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #50 Jordan Binnington (5-2-3)  2.67GAA  .912%SP

2. #34 Jake Allen (1-1-0)  4.17GAA  .849%SP

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I'll be on the post-gamer.  Well after last night's implosion the Wild are on the road to play the Blues.  After Soucy's late-game mistake, I think there might be a chance we'll see Nick Seeler back in the lineup.  Dubnyk will probably get the start too.  Not sure if that helps us or hurts us at this point.  Enjoy and discuss...

I don't know what to expect from this game. Maybe they will try their best, if there is a lucky bounce or two at the start of the game, or maybe they'll crumble to bits if there happens to be a slightest misfortune. They do keep surprising me though. Bad in ways I can't even imagine, and then back to actually fighting for it. Let's hope for a good game anyways!

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Zach Parise last in the LEAGUE with -12 rating.

I wonder if Parise is hurt like Staal was. He looked really slow last night. When he collided with EEK behind the Wild net in the first period, EEK was up and busting his ass to back check and actually broke up the Stars odd man rush With his hustle while Parise seemed to barely get over the Wild blue line in the same amount of time...

So, I noticed our old friend, Darcy Kuemper, has a 1.87% GAA and a 0.933 Save %.  This begs the question; who are the scouts or talent assessors that thought DK was not a goalie worth keeping (while investment in DD was worth the current fall-off and five-holer's and AS was just a placeholder), and also thought NN for VR, MG for KF, and CC for RD were good trades of 'like' asset value?  Were these the same scouts or same player personnel people that were responsible for the recent drafts including (Filip Johansson)?  Do these idiots still have a job with the Wild, or were they cleaned out with Fentard (was his son also)? 

I don't ask for revisionist history purposes, but to provide Bill Guerin with a reasonable probability in turning this mess around several years from now.  So, if any of these internal employees are still present with the Wild in ANY evaluation capacity, they should be swept out vigorously and with immediacy...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I don't ask for revisionist history purposes, but to provide Bill Guerin with a reasonable probability in turning this mess around several years from now.  So, if any of these internal employees are still present with the Wild in ANY evaluation capacity, they should be swept out vigorously and with immediacy...

Most of the Wild scouts are still in place, including Guy LaPointe as head of scouting. PJ Fenton is still head scout as far as I know too. 

14 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

They really need to stop that stretch pass. They’re not good at it...

We are the ONLY team that seems to emphasize things we suck at, such as:

1)  The stretch passing you noted

2)  The 'drop back' on powerplay with no speed through the zone (and no ability to hold onto the puck)

3)  The dump-and-chase with no speed to the puck, or fore-check to hold it in

4)  Our PP positioning (no one typically in front of the net) would assume we have a team of snipers from distance and bad angles - yet, we don't have ANY competent snipers

5)  Defensive positioning with little physicality around loose pucks - as if we have a goalie that is solid in controlling rebounds and pucks in general

6)  We have NO speed, yet play any players with speed (Zucker) with players (Koivu and Parise) that negate whatever speed Zucker provides

7)  We have NO skill left in our Country Club Core and no knowledge about what we really have with regard to young players, yet provide the Country Club with excessive minutes and never really test the younger players in key spots (and on PP).

In short, the stupidity and blind hubris is astounding.....I am baffled at how they don't see the ignorance in what they are trying to implement game-by-game.  What do they say about the definition of insanity, again?

• Like 1