Flyers v Leafs: Im coming to Philly!

CoachX

So the wife decided to treat me to a cross country trip for my b-day. We are going to be there to see the Flyers take on the leafs (my second most hated team). I got pretty good seats from stubhub. Kinda helps that the team sucks right now.

So, help a guy out, i need some info since ive been gone forever....

Where can I get good deals on flyer gear?

Is there somewhere in the city to shop for hockey equip (NM is not a hockey mecca)?

And where is a good local place to take my wife for breakfast (Bullys pub for dinner)

Edited by CoachX

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

We are going to be there to see the Flyers take on the leafs (my second most hated team).

Maybe you can say hey I was there at Jake's last game as a Flyer...seems you pick a not so good time to go with their current issues.

But hey i hope i'm wrong they turn it around and you get to see a good game and the Flyers handily beat the Leafs.

You never know they are going through some issues right now not sure when they come out of it...

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

So the wife decided to treat me to a cross country trip for my b-day. We are going to be there to see the Flyers take on the leafs (my second most hated team). I got pretty good seats from stubhub. Kinda helps that the team sucks right now.

So, help a guy out, i need some info since ive been gone forever....

Where can I get good deals on flyer gear?

Is there somewhere in the city to shop for hockey equip (NM is not a hockey mecca)?

And where is a good local place to take my wife for breakfast (Bullys pub for dinner)

You forgot: prime escalator locations.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe you can say hey I was there at Jake's last game as a Flyer...seems you pick a not so good time to go with their current issues.

But hey i hope i'm wrong they turn it around and you get to see a good game and the Flyers handily beat the Leafs.

You never know they are going through some issues right now not sure when they come out of it...

Maybe me coming is the spark they need. Last time i was there G scored in OT to beat Chicago and simmer got into with bickell.

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe you can say hey I was there at Jake's last game as a Flyer

Not following you on this statement.  Explain

• Like 1

If you want a good lunch I recommend going to John's Roast Pork they have phenomenal cheesesteaks and the best hot roast pork sandwiches besides dincs at the Reading Terminal Market.  Gino's  Pat's they're all just tourist traps

Edited by FlyersFan4Life
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Maybe me coming is the spark they need. Last time i was there G scored in OT to beat Chicago and simmer got into with bickell.

Not following you on this statement.  Explain

He is being traded you haven't heard?? You really need to get out more often...

11 hours ago, FlyersFan4Life said:

If you want a good lunch I recommend going to John's Roast Pork they have phenomenal cheesesteaks and the best hot roast pork sandwiches besides dincs at the Reading Terminal Market.  Gino's  Pat's they're all just tourist traps

Second... although I would go just go for Dinics band enjoy the market. B/t the two you can't go wrong.

27 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Second... although I would go just go for Dinics band enjoy the market. B/t the two you can't go wrong.

I love the Reading Terminal Market but thank God I don't live close to it I'm out in the suburbs. I would have no self-control and would wind up on TLC's my 600 pound life

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FlyersFan4Life said:

I love the Reading Terminal Market but thank God I don't live close to it I'm out in the suburbs. I would have no self-control and would wind up on TLC's my 600 pound life

I hear ya!!!

I moved out of there about 13 years ago and am now about 60 miles from the city so I don't get there as much these days.  My cardiologist seems to think the distance is helping my cholesterol :)

3 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm at the Reading Terminal every Saturday - but will actually be in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada this weekend...

Those flakes on the Left Coast are gonna let you into the country eh? That's the kind of soft-on-immigration attitude that's gonna be the death of us!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm at the Reading Terminal every Saturday - but will actually be in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada this weekend...

Enjoy the island rad...and beware of the beavers!

https://www.theloop.ca/there-was-an-epic-standoff-in-victoria-between-a-mountie-and-a-beaver/

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Those flakes on the Left Coast are gonna let you into the country eh? That's the kind of soft-on-immigration attitude that's gonna be the death of us!

Nah, I'm getting in through Tronno. They let anybody in.

On the plus side, I'm likely making a debut trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame during my seven hour layover (nice scheduling, Air Canuck!)

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

Nah, I'm getting in through Tronno. They let anybody in.

On the plus side, I'm likely making a debut trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame during my seven hour layover (nice scheduling, Air Canuck!)

Canadas airlines are nowhere near as convenient or cheap as the US'...we have 1/10 of the population.

Enjoy the HHOF! 

34 minutes ago, radoran said:

a debut trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame

Enjoy! Let us know what you think of it. I only saw it myself about 10 years ago. I have mixed views about it.  The trophy room is just incredible though. 

5 hours ago, radoran said:

If time permits, we will tale stroll through RTM

30 minutes ago, CoachX said:

We land at 2am Sat morning.  Im sleeping in. We may have to extend the trip because we cant miss out on the happiest place in earth. If I could find tix,  i would go to the eagles game

Wearing a Bears jersey of course!

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

We land at 2am Sat morning.  Im sleeping in. We may have to extend the trip because we cant miss out on the happiest place in earth. If I could find tix,  i would go to the eagles game

If you're staying in Center City, it's simple to get to and you can subway down to the game.