Flyers v Leafs: Im coming to Philly!

CoachX

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Spezza are you kidding me...SMFH

Care to guess who nearly put the pick in for them and decided not to pick Spezza up?

I'll give you a hint, he almost fell down

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Care to guess who nearly put the pick in for them and decided not to pick Spezza up?

I'll give you a hint, he almost fell down

Wow I must have missed that I was back n forth between this and a football game.

At least I don't have to drink.

And i missed both goals to make it 3-3.

Damn.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I thought Spezza's shelf life as an NHL'er expired about two seasons ago. And I am sad to say that because I've always liked him as a Sens player and early into his Dallas career.
He definitely is no longer top six material, and what's left of his skillset doesn't really lend itself to being a bottom six grinder either.

I wondered at first of the wisdom of turning away Marleau...then signing Spezza, when I think Marleau is a more viable NHL'er, but then, the Leafs have to be very cap cognizant and Spezza is dirt cheap compared to even Marleau, and well, they are getting what they are paying for in this case. 

Turns out Spezza did play... and was involved in everything tonight.  :)

• Annoyed 1

11 minutes ago, hf101 said:

When it goes11 rounds you have to give the goalies some credit.

This was "gut check" time for the Leafs. They needed this win to stay relevant in their division because they were dropping to the bottom fast. It was a good start, and then they seemed to lose all momentum after giving up a goal on the penalty kill. It was like someone hit the "OFF" switch. I actually started to fall asleep late in the first period because nothing was happening. I must have slept through the intermission with Coach's Corner because when I woke up it was mid-second period I think. Started to get interesting again so I stayed awake and watched the rest.  It certainly wasn't the 80's style hockey like I was hoping for but the Leafs pulled it out.  ;)

Yeah, honestly the Flyers played well though. Both teams played well. It was a good game all around. Certainly it was better than the last few games.

And Provorov. Seriously. This kid is going beastmode in front of our eyes. He was dominant every time he was on the ice, and his skill on the PP was elite level. There's no way he's giving up that PP1 spot now.

TLC played well as always. Giroux played well. Hayes played well. Niskanen played well. I thought Myers played well also. If he can remain consistent, I think we may have found our missing second pairing dman.

So yeah, it may have been a loss, but it was a solid step forward from what they've shown on the ice of late. I'll take it.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, hf101 said:

When it goes11 rounds you have to give the goalies some credit.

Oh I do...however many of the shots the Flyers took went smack dab in the middle of Andersen’s pads. There were shots that he barely had to move.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

It was that Argos/Tiger-Cats playoff game, wasn't it?

:D

Unfortunately is was a sad sad homecoming for my beloved Gamecocks...they did win would have been bad to lose to the Vanderbilt Commodores.

However i am going to the game next weekend vs Appalachian State which is a division 2 team...and they might actually beat USC.

They were ranked 20th but just lost to Georgia Southern...so we'll see. And why am i telling about college football i have no idea it 5:30 am and i am drinking my coffee...so yeah...Go Argos!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Oh I do...however many of the shots the Flyers took went smack dab in the middle of Andersen’s pads. There were shots that he barely had to move.....

Hey is it possible when can go ahead and call up Morgan Frost if for no other reason he may help with shootouts???

He's 2 for 3 already in his young pro career...this from friday's game.

And his goal in regulation...8 points 3 goals 5 assists in 9 games...only 4 PIMs...

And while we're at it let's make it right. Twarynski just isn't very effective. Give NAK his due call him up and return Carsen.

Here he is with the game winner...

This team needs more grit in the bottom 6 and Twarynski just doesn't seem ready...

The thing i found most interesting from the game was, the reaction in the stands. Weve all heard about a coach losing a room. Well i think this team has lost its fans.  It was obvious the place wanted to erupt, but nothing happened to cause it. It was weird how there was no energy. And when a few good things happened,  the applause was brief and uninspired. It wasnt until TK took the ice for the SO, before the whole place was on its feet 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I spent longer typing the message than I have ever have watching CFL football so you tell me.

I've only ever been to one CFL game...compared to about a dozen NFL games. It was the 100th anniversary Grey Cup and the tickets were free. I know there's not much comparison between the two. The face value of the tickets though, were $100...compared to what...10 grand for Super Bowl tickets? (ok, slight exaggeration) And there's no Kardashians...just Skatch fans by the truckload, even though their team isn't playing. They're way more fun. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The thing i found most interesting from the game was, the reaction in the stands. Weve all heard about a coach losing a room. Well i think this team has lost its fans.  It was obvious the place wanted to erupt, but nothing happened to cause it. It was weird how there was no energy. And when a few good things happened,  the applause was brief and uninspired. It wasnt until TK took the ice for the SO, before the whole place was on its feet 

Well, I hope you at least had a good time anyway.  It has been this way for a few years now.  Some of it may be the 'corporate crowd' but I do think that the passion has definitely been sucked out of the room of late.  I don't go as frequently as I used to but I do get what you're saying.  

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Philly!!!!

• Like 1