Flyers v Leafs: Im coming to Philly!

CoachX

See if we all see it the front office has to.

So find out what is up with the kid.

Jordan Hall mentions it too.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/tough-predict-flyers-drop-game-they-had-fall-11-round-shootout-maple-leafs

The Flyers shouldn't be overly concerned with Travis Sanheim but it is puzzling to see the 23-year-old have this much trouble skating. He has fallen down in back-to-back games on an opposition's goal and three times this season.

That my friend is down right embarrassing.

He did it last night against Nico and then Vatenen scores.

Hartnell would be proud.

#sanheimdown

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

One point for Giroux, Jake and JVR in the last 3 games...can we disband this sh it line now...because they obviously can't figure it out like AV requested...

I agree 100%. I understand that we have limited options at center, but honestly I'll take a highly productive Giroux on the wing over a middlingly useful Giroux at centre. The added challenge I suppose is in the TLC line being very good. Still, I'd opt for something like:

Lindblom/Couts/TK (let's call this line what it is as our first and best line)

Giroux/Hayes/Farabee (Farabee's got a decent shot. Let him be the finisher here)

And yeah, that makes our third line wonky with:

JVR/Rubstov/Voracek

But that's just where we're at folks. We need to start winning some games, and the vet trio up front just isn't getting it done.

Honestly the saddest part of all that for me is Raffl, who is always good at everything but scoring. He deserves better than fourth line duties, but I guess that's just the reality of this team right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/tough-predict-flyers-drop-game-they-had-fall-11-round-shootout-maple-leafs

The Flyers shouldn't be overly concerned with Travis Sanheim but it is puzzling to see the 23-year-old have this much trouble skating. He has fallen down in back-to-back games on an opposition's goal and three times this season.

Hartnell would be proud.

#sanheimdown

There's gotta be something wrong with his skates. It's one thing for a guy who can't skate (Hartnell) to fall. But Sanheim is an excellent skater.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, elmatus said:

JVR/Rubstov/Voracek

I would be down with this plus the level of competition shouldn't be as high and Ruby is every solid playmaker who will only get better the more he plays.

If it can get these big 3 scoring than let's try it.

48 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

There's gotta be something wrong with his skates.

That or he can have some inner ear problem that can throw off his equilibrium I have seen.

Someone needs to find out what is up they can't afford to keep giving up goals just because a defender can't pivot.

Coming into tonight, Konecny was 0-for-8 in his career in shootouts.

Hopefully he has exercised those demons.

AV really needs to work with this team on shootouts.

It's not just about it being shootout you have to get this team it can score on any goalie one on one.

Confidence changes everything and right now these guys play like the don't want to lose the game and they should be playing with the mind set that they want to win this damn game.

Putting the biscuit in the basket is how you do confidence breeds winning.

It is good to see the team showing some marginal improvements on special teams

Powerplay 8th at 23.%

PK 12th 82.5%

However the goals against must come down.

Currently at 3.31 gaa and that mus be better.

I would like to see them at least shave a goal off that.

If the can get that down to 2.30 I would be happy.

That starts with better D zone coverage from the whole team especially the D men.

Goals for is 3.28 and that can be better too if they can get the 3 dead weight forwards to score some...they know who the are.

#figureitout

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hartnell would be proud.

#sanheimdown

With all the cap problems the Leafs are having, Kapanen may be a Flyer before long.  :(

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If the can get that down to 2.30 I would be happy.

You'd be "happy" with them being fourth in the league in GAA?

Well, I mean, so would I. But I would settle for them getting into the Top 15 in the short to medium term (#15 is 3.00, 2.5 gaa gets them squarely into the Top Ten).

Elliott hasn't been under 2.5 since leaving St. Louis. Hart was 2.83 in his rookie year and is sporting a hefty 3.23 rightnow.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Coming into tonight, Konecny was 0-for-8 in his career in shootouts.

Hopefully he has exercised those demons.

AV really needs to work with this team on shootouts.

It's not just about it being shootout you have to get this team it can score on any goalie one on one.

Confidence changes everything and right now these guys play like the don't want to lose the game and they should be playing with the mind set that they want to win this damn game.

Putting the biscuit in the basket is how you do confidence breeds winning.

im just putting it out there, if the fo decides to move on from jake and giroux at the end of the season if they dont make the playoffs, not saying it's going to happen, im just talking about young players in general, you have alot of confidence in them that they can take the next step?

Edited by tucson83

4 hours ago, elmatus said:

Lindblom/Couts/TK (let's call this line what it is as our first and best line)

Giroux/Hayes/Farabee (Farabee's got a decent shot. Let him be the finisher here)

JVR/Rubstov/Voracek

The only thing I’d change is to bring up Frost. I really think he’ll be here by next weekend. 

JVR/Frost/Jake

Raffl/Rubtsov/Twarynski

Then we’d be cooking with fire. 

3 hours ago, radoran said:

You'd be "happy" with them being fourth in the league in GAA?

Well, I mean, so would I. But I would settle for them getting into the Top 15 in the short to medium term (#15 is 3.00, 2.5 gaa gets them squarely into the Top Ten).

Elliott hasn't been under 2.5 since leaving St. Louis. Hart was 2.83 in his rookie year and is sporting a hefty 3.23 rightnow.

Shouldn't you be having High Tea at the Empress or something? Get off the board and enjoy the island! :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Shouldn't you be having High Tea at the Empress or something? Get off the board and enjoy the island! :cheers:

On a garden tour right now. Saw the XMen mansion and about to see Butchart Gardens.

1 minute ago, radoran said:

On a garden tour right now. Saw the XMen mansion and about to see Butchart Gardens.

It's pretty cool...though I only went there once and it was a long long long time ago!

You going to Tofino or Port Hardy or just staying around Victoria?

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's pretty cool...though I only went there once and it was a long long long time ago!

You going to Tofino or Port Hardy or just staying around Victoria?

Bizness trip. Garden Tourism Conference.

Not a lot of leeway for fun

Will be in PDX on Wednesday and have some down time there.

6 hours ago, brelic said:

The only thing I’d change is to bring up Frost. I really think he’ll be here by next weekend. 

JVR/Frost/Jake

Raffl/Rubtsov/Twarynski

Then we’d be cooking with fire. 

I think you're going to have to waive someone for that to work right?? Or am i missing something?

9 hours ago, radoran said:

Bizness trip. Garden Tourism Conference.

Not a lot of leeway for fun

Will be in PDX on Wednesday and have some down time there.

My first trip out there I was 19...didn't really care about gardens but went anyway. Went back to the island several times since but never spent much time in Victoria.

Maybe you'll run into JR!

21 hours ago, fan4ever said:

Well, I hope you at least had a good time anyway.  It has been this way for a few years now.  Some of it may be the 'corporate crowd' but I do think that the passion has definitely been sucked out of the room of late.  I don't go as frequently as I used to but I do get what you're saying.  

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Philly!!!!

Thanks!

I had a great time. Theres never a bad time to come back home. My wife says Im.more relaxed then in New Mexico. Weird

I thought the music and theatrics to start the game were fantastic. I was pumped.  But then the game started and the enthusiasm got sucked out. I think your "corporate crowd" perspective is accurate. But i also think it has alot to do with just a relatively boring game. I think i counted 3 distinctive checks in the entire game.

When you have trouble scoring goals, and no one fighting, some good body checks can get a philly crowd into it.

I guess those days are over too 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

Thanks!

I had a great time. Theres never a bad time to come back home. My wife says Im.more relaxed then in New Mexico. Weird

I thought the music and theatrics to start the game were fantastic. I was pumped.  But then the game started and the enthusiasm got sucked out. I think your "corporate crowd" perspective is accurate. But i also think it has alot to do with just a relatively boring game. I think i counted 3 distinctive checks in the entire game.

When you have trouble scoring goals, and no one fighting, some good body checks can get a philly crowd into it.

I guess those days are over too 

What was the final old ladies at the bottom of the escalators count?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1