Wild vs. Blues 11/2/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Blues Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (4-9-0)  8pts  7th in the Central

2.31 Goals For Per Game (29th in the NHL)

3.46 Goals Against Per Game (23rd in the NHL)

17.8% Power Play (20th in the NHL)

81% Penalty Kill (18th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 4G 5A = 9pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 4G 4A = 8pts

3. #77 Brad Hunt ~ 4G 3A = 7pts

4. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

5. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 19 PIM’s

2. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 10 PIM’s

3. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 8 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (2-6-0)  3.65GAA  .885%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (2-3-0)  2.49GAA  .914%SP  1SO

Vs.

St. Louis Blues (8-3-3)  19pts  1st in the Central

3.07 Goals For Per Game (17th in the NHL)

3.00 Goals Against Per Game (13th in the NHL)

26.1% Power Play (4th in the NHL)

81.4% Penalty Kill (17th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #57 David Perron ~ 7G 8A = 15pts

2. #10 Brayden Schenn ~ 10G 4A = 14pts

3. #90 Ryan O’Reilly ~ 3G 11A = 14pts

4. #17 Jaden Schwartz ~ 1G 10A = 11pts

5. #27 Alex Pietrangelo ~ 5G 5A = 10pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #57 David Perron ~ 12 PIM’s

2. #19 Jay Bouwmeester ~ 8 PIM’s

3. #70 Oskar Sundqvist ~ 8 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #50 Jordan Binnington (6-2-3)  2.52GAA  .918%SP

2. #34 Jake Allen (1-1-0)  4.17GAA  .849%SP

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I'll be on the post-gamer.  The Blues played last night against the Blue Jackets and won in OT.  If the Wild are smart they'd attack right away and try to tire them out.  But knowing our guys...we'll probably look more like the team that played the night before.  Its a home game and the Wild need points if it wants to even attempt at keeping pace with anyone else before it goes back on the road (again) this week.  Enjoy and discuss...

Pretty sad the Wild’s best scorer (Staal) wouldn’t even make the top five on the Blues.

Seems like the first period isn’t the problem with this team. It the second and third periods. This is a game that can get them on the winning track again, but I’m not sure that’s the best solution for this team any more...

Tank, tank, tank!

And it's easy since the players with the most ice time can't do anything. Koivu is god awful slow and has never been keen to score, now he only wants to make sure the opponent doesn't score 5 on 5 and he can bump his stats on PP. Suter teaches the young kids how to save energy. Parise; with very limited options in the offensive zone. He can't:

- create his own shot

- can't get by a D-man 1 on 1

- can't create scoring chances for his linemates

- dare I say pretty low hockey IQ. When he's on the ice on OT the puck is like a live hand granade to him, he just wants to get rid of it...fast.

- his shot, especially slapper, is very average or has it ever been good... whatever, it doesn't matter, he can't get shots on goal

He can:

- whack the puck in from close range

- hustle

- score in the shootouts

5 more years of these qualities at $7.5 mil. a year. Seriously...🙄

At the time Fletch made the right move, he went after big names. Now Parise's deal is backbiting the Wild.

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Tank, tank, tank!

And it's easy since the players with the most ice time can't do anything. Koivu is god awful slow and has never been keen to score, now he only wants to make sure the opponent doesn't score 5 on 5 and he can bump his stats on PP. Suter teaches the young kids how to save energy. Parise; with very limited options in the offensive zone. He can't:

- create his own shot

- can't get by a D-man 1 on 1

- can't create scoring chances for his linemates

- dare I say pretty low hockey IQ. When he's on the ice on OT the puck is like a live hand granade to him, he just wants to get rid of it...fast.

- his shot, especially slapper, is very average or has it ever been good... whatever, it doesn't matter, he can't get shots on goal

He can:

- whack the puck in from close range

- hustle

- score in the shootouts

5 more years of these qualities at $7.5 mil. a year. Seriously...🙄

At the time Fletch made the right move, he went after big names. Now Parise's deal is backbiting the Wild.

Which contract is worse in your opinion?  The Suter deal or the Parise deal?  For me, I just cannot stand watching Suter act like he deserves all his TOI and coasts constantly, with the old limp wrist shot and the purse swing at a player breaking away.  Parise is a bit of a little bit@h, but at least he doesn't coast.  I also loathe Klyde.  This question is like asking whether you want to be eaten by an animal, burned to death in a fire, or by drowned via waterboarding - there just aren't many palatable options herein 🤢

And, Fenton's gamebreaker/healthy scratch made a PP appearance.  Perhaps, we are going to see some change to the monotony of Parise, Koivu, Zucker, Suter and Dumba/Spurgeon?  Would be nice to change PP1 up once in awhile.  It's not like we have such a stellar group on PP1 that we could not implement a rotation. 

• Like 1

Team Apathy is when your message boards have 15-20 minutes of no banter consistently during a game (when we are winning), and 6-7 total attendees against a long-time rival and recent NHL champ.  CL must be proud of current team interest......  I feel like there is an echo on this board. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Team Apathy is when your message boards have 15-20 minutes of no banter consistently during a game (when we are winning), and 6-7 total attendees against a long-time rival and recent NHL champ.  CL must be proud of current team interest......  I feel like there is an echo on this board. 

Hey, I was carrying on a conversation by myself for a good ten minutes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Only a Wild player can be run into by the goalie outside the paint and be called for goalie interference...

What's the over/under on whether Allen claimed Parise passed gas on him and therefore constituted goalie interference? :bigteeth: 

• Like 1