Lucic gets two games for cheap shot (poll)

yave1964

2 games for this  

2 members have voted

1. 1. 2 games- enough or too much? Just right?

• Too long
    • too short
    • just right
    • It's Lucic, hang him from the jumbotron by his ummm, hockey stick

Two games for Lucic for a cheap shot on rookie Kole Sherwood last night.

I have been a fan of Sherwood for several years he has been the biggest agitator for the Monsters with a bit of scoring touch, the struggling Jackets called him up to get some life breathed into the team and for some scoring touch. Looks like he got under Lucic skin and this was the result.

I don't know what to say about suspension length, but what should be a surprise to NO ONE is.... Lucic was an animal. Again.

We've all seen this play out before. 
I am all for physically letting other players know you don't want them poking around your goalie, but I think it could have been done in a much more effective way and not incur the wrath of the league offices, than the way in which Lucic did it.
And if I am looking at this right, is Lucic trying to CONTINUE to hit the guy while he is down?

Then again, this is Milan we are talking about.
Guy doesn't have too many gears other than sleepy, alert, and berserk. No moderation with him.

I dunno...if his track record for this sort of thing is long, and I am betting it is, without looking it all up myself, then maybe he got off lucky with just the two games.