Game 14: Hurricanes at Flyers: 11/5/19 @ 7 PM

Howie58

This clip doesn't give Goal Farabee enough credit but to start this play he got his stick in the passing lane to prevent the back door tap in and then sticks with his own shot on the other end for a nice goal.

This kid is a keeper!

Here is the play by Goal Farabee.

Edited by OccamsRazor

That is a good hockey team the Flyers just beat.

I can't help but think the strafing at the hands of the Penguins helped to prepare them for the relentless checking of the Hurricanes.

I really like the way the 'Canes play (those road sweaters are pretty sweet too) they just keep coming at you and contest everything, everywhere on the ice.  Sullivan in Pgh is doing this with his bottom 6 and so far they are up to the task. Bottom line, I think the style the 'Canes are playing is a winning style, I think the Flyers can play this style or a hybrid of it also, there is ample skill that needs and is getting honed. The Flyers were out shot, there were about 10 really good chances for the 'Canes, they're a good team. I didn't think this was a "lucky" win, this was reacting to what was happening and playing with pace and skill to get the result.  If Carter Hart is on his game the Flyers will be hard team to play and a fun team to watch, because of the results but also, they have some skilled, fast guys too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

If Carter Hart is on his game the Flyers will be hard team to play and a fun team to watch

This to me is the main thing. He looks to be back on track.

And in the Pens disaster it was out of hand quick in the first 10 minutes of the game. No excuse it's just what happened it seemed they were defeated before it began...it happens they are all human still. It seems it was used in a good way to open this team's eyes.

I look forward to Hart going against one of his idol in Price thursday. This is basically a 4 point game. Guess who is sitting in that last wild card spot?? Guess who is sitting 2 point ahead of them? And guess who also has a game in hand on THEM?

Yep you know it. So they all know what's at stake. The past is the past learn from it move good or bad. They need the next win.

It's all that matters. Keep winning. Everyone keep grinding. It can reap good things if you let it and want it bad enough.

Don't let the other team want it more than you. Let's make this a streak again.

18 hours ago, radoran said:

I can go with that. That "third" line has some nice punch to it (not sure I'd use it in the traditional "shut down" third line - might better see your "second" line be that).

There was one pretty glaring negative spot last night so if i can only make one change to this team this year i have offer up one guy i want to see Chuckles find a new address....sorry i hate kicking this dead horse more but please, please Jake pack your bags.

Bro i am tired of watching you skate around like you don't give a f**k anymore...go do it for some other club buh bye.

I just don't know what is with this guy he has been called out and still skates like he is untouchable. Show him he is not. 

Hhhhhmmmm strange move...

...i thought Rubtsov was better than Misha....maybe they too told him they hated seeing his #50 jersey out there and sent him back while he thinks about a better number. :hehe:

I would prefer Ruby's 43% faceoff numbers to Misha's 35% numbers....yikes.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Hart was clearly the best on the ice. I suppose this is what it’s like having a young goalie — it’s hard to tell what version of him will show up on a given night. 

Farabee was also phenomenal. String together another game or two like that and he’ll be a top six fixture. I really like the pairing of him with Giroux. They should add Hayes to that line when possible imo and give them time to build chemistry. 

Niskanen was great. Provo always good. Giroux played well. TLC remained dominant. 

If we’re being honest, it’s safe to say they were outplayed for probably the first half of the game. Hart was the difference maker there for sure. 

Still, a win’s a win. I’ll take it. 

Edited by elmatus

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hhhhhmmmm strange move...

...i thought Rubtsov was better than Misha....maybe they too told him they hated seeing his #50 jersey out there and sent him back while he thinks about a better number. :hehe:

I would prefer Ruby's 43% faceoff numbers to Misha's 35% numbers....yikes.

By the numbers, they've both been equally as bad. 

The bottom six is not very good right now. 

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but they should have gave Morgan Frost the chance not Misha again.

I was thinking that too, even the moment Laughton went down. 

But the more I think about it, the more it seems like it makes more sense to call up Frost when Laughton is back. 

Chances are Frost will struggle at least a little bit. Having a green Frost and a Rubtsov or Vorobyev on the 4th line doesn't really help our bottom six woes right now. Once Laughton is back, it will at least solidify one of the bottom two lines. 

In other words, it's less pressure on Frost.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but they should have gave Morgan Frost the chance not Misha again.

I think Rubstov's number looks stupid too. I don't mind his play, he's a little more straight line and Vorobyev has a little more shimmy, I wish Misha would get some hate going, he's got a lot of skill, but he seems to disappear when **** gets real. 

I'm good with shuttling dudes with NHL bodies back and forth between LHV and the Flyers. 

Unless they've been shoving cheeseburgers, protein shakes and shoo-fly pie down Frosty's neck, he's not one of them.

Have you seen what the league has been doing to 170 lb Jack Hughes ?  the league is kicking the **** out of him every chance it can.

Hell Matt Niskanen nearly knocked his head off...I can wait until Frost has more mass to handle the beating that's coming his way.

Edited by mojo1917

26 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think Rubstov's number looks stupid too. I don't mind his play, he's a little more straight line and Vorobyev has a little more shimmy, I wish Misha would get some hate going, he's got a lot of skill, but he seems to disappear when **** gets real. 

I'm good with shuttling dudes with NHL bodies back and forth between LHV and the Flyers. 

Unless they've been shoving cheeseburgers, protein shakes and shoo-fly pie down Frosty's neck, he's not one of them.

Have you seen what the league has been doing to 170 lb Jack Hughes ?  the league is kicking the **** out of him every chance it can.

Hell Matt Niskanen nearly knocked his head off...I can wait until Frost has more mass to handle the beating that's coming his way.

Farabee is the same height as Frost but about 10# lighter (171 vs 180).

But Frost would face more traffic because he's a center and likely get hit more. Then again, Giroux manages to avoid contact.

Worst case scenario, I think Frost is here by the new year for good.

Coots/Hayes/Frost/Laughton is a strong middle.

Exciting times!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

he's got a lot of skill, but he seems to disappear when **** gets real. 

See that is my issue and i haven't seen enough of Rubtsov to make a call one way or another on him yet 8 minutes with Raffl and Pitlick ust doesn't seem fair.

But i didn't see him shy away from contract or fighting for the puck like i seen from Misha who just doesn't seem like he wants to do the dirty work to get or keep the puck.

However i guess we'll get another chance from Misha which i think would be his last this year. He better make the most of it.

34 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He is the same size as Claude Giroux which isn't a problem at all.

36 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

That stuff happens when you're 18 Morgan is 2 and a half years older than him.

He is ready but i guess they prefer to keep him playing big minutes on the Phantoms instead of 8 minutes a night saddled with two sea donkeys.

He'll get his chance in the 2nd half of the year.

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is ready but i guess they prefer to keep him playing big minutes on the Phantoms instead of 8 minutes a night saddled with two sea donkeys.

He'll get his chance in the 2nd half of the year.

I actually think this is exactly it. If Frost gets the call, it'll be because Rubstov and Vorobyev have both been given every opportunity and have failed to secure a spot. Even then, my guess is Laughton will be tried in the 3C spot before they would bring up Frost.

The short of it is I don't think they're too keen to bring Frost up at all. They may cave to the pressure if all their other options fail, but that's about it.

• Like 1