Goaltender conundrum

lynxrattle

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Interesting they started Stalock against the Sens...

Unless Duby is back by Sunday, I wonder if that means Minnesota is willing to give Kaapo a real test on Sunday against the Stars.
Or does this win by Stalock mean he gets Dallas as well.

I'd like to see what Kaapo does against a contender....and how his teammates can support him in said scenario.

I'd like to see 50-50 time with Kahkonen and Stalock while the Dubnyk's deal with their issue.

Just throwing in KK once in a while isn't going to show us much.

Let's see how he handles a good game or a bad one when he has to play again in a day or two.

It reminds me of when Stalock was first here. His spotty starts and the team played different for him and the combo made him look good.

It's opportunity time...Not coddling time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Unless Duby is back by Sunday, I wonder if that means Minnesota is willing to give Kaapo a real test on Sunday against the Stars.
Or does this win by Stalock mean he gets Dallas as well.

I'd like to see what Kaapo does against a contender....and how his teammates can support him in said scenario.

I'm guessing the team is treating Stalock as a starter, no different than how they treated Dubnyk when he was the starter. Stalock got every 4th or 5th start.

Plus, the team is at 0.500. And the owner is still convinced this team is a Cup contender. So they're interested in wins, not seeing if an AHL goalie can hack it in the NHL. Stalock hasn't been terrible, so they're probably going to ride him until Dubnyk gets back...

Edited by IllaZilla

15 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I was a bit surprised Stalock started only because the team said Kaapo was going to start against Ottawa.  I wasn't disappointed just curious.  Did they give any explanation about it during the broadcast?  

Not that I'm aware of. Even Russo's twitter feed and his Live Q&A never mentioned why Stalock started instead of Kahkonen.

Someone asked him why Boudreau changed his mind about Kahkonen starting, and he responded that Boudreau never stated who was stating.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

As of late KK has been the better goalie of these three.

It's looking very promising! If KK keeps improving, one day, as a bonus, we'll see him score an empty net goal. He had a few of those in the Finnish league.