Wild vs. Ducks 11/5/19 @ 9:00PM CST at Honda Center

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Ducks Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (4-9-1)  9pts  7th in the Central

2.36 Goals For Per Game (29th in the NHL)

3.50 Goals Against Per Game (25th in the NHL)

19.1% Power Play (17th in the NHL)

82.2% Penalty Kill (13th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 4G 6A = 10pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 4G 4A = 8pts

3. #77 Brad Hunt ~ 4G 4A = 8pts

4. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 2G 5A = 7pts

5. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 19 PIM’s

2. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 10 PIM’s

3. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 8 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (2-6-1)  3.68GAA  .883%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (2-3-0)  2.49GAA  .914%SP  1SO

Vs.

Anaheim Ducks (9-6-1)  19pts  4th in the Pacific

2.69 Goals For Per Game (24th in the NHL)

2.44 Goals Against Per Game (6th in the NHL)

10% Power Play (29th in the NHL)

81.3% Penalty Kill (18th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #33 Jakob Silfverberg ~ 7G 5A = 12pts

2. #15 Ryan Getzlaf ~ 7G 4A = 11pts

3. #14 Adam Henrique ~ 8G 1A = 9pts

4. #67 Rickard Rakell ~ 3G 6A = 9pts

5. #47 Hampus Lindholm ~ 0G 9A = 9pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #37 Nick Ritchie ~ 24 PIM’s

2, #47 Hampus Lindholm ~ 12 PIM’s

3. #5 Korbinian Holzer ~ 11 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #36 John Gibson (6-6-0)  2.51GAA  .926%SP

2. #30 Ryan Miller (3-0-0)  2.10GAA  .926%SP

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview, I'll be on the post-gamer.  This is the start of a 4-game trip to the West Coast.  For anyone listening to these games on the radio, Iowa's Play-by-play man Joe O'Donnell will be calling the game instead of Bob Kurtz who is slowly stepping away from the mic.  Not sure what to expect from this Wild team to be honest after the last game where the player's were ornery about the officiating.  Does that mean they come out fired up or will they look like they have a bad case of jet lag?  Enjoy and discuss...

Sorry kids, this one is WAY past my bedtime! Won't be watching this one.

As far as being ornery about the officiating, why don't they be ornery about their own pathetic display? They had the Blues on the second game of a back-to-back where the previous game went to OT, and they still managed to lose to the Blues. 

I'll put up with all this losing if it gets the message through Leipold's thick skull that this is NOT a Cup contending team...

One elite 1c will not make any differences either for this team ,and as a rule here he will be send or to Iowa Wild team or to minor ligues after few games like we do with most of our prospects instead of doing a rotational 10 games prospects tryout in the big club. Mayhew should be playing in the Wild team 2 years ago and where is he now? Still in Iowa for the 4th year. The coach does not see a valuable players and keeps using players who are not talented enough in the hope that some day they will be highly  progressed or keeps using the players  who are regressed with their age and interest to win for the fans. 
He understood this very well as soon as Fenton did his stupid trades last winter. 

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

One elite 1c will not make any differences either for this team ,and as a rule here he will be send or to Iowa Wild team or to minor ligues after few games like we do with most of our prospects instead of doing a rotational 10 games prospects tryout in the big club. Mayhew should be playing in the Wild team 2 years ago and where is he now? Still in Iowa for the 4th year. The coach does not see a valuable players and keeps using players who are not talented enough in the hope that some day they will be highly  progressed or keeps using the players  who are regressed with their age and interest to win for the fans. 
He understood this very well as soon as Fenton did his stupid trades last winter. 

Um...Mayhew was playing his first full season as a pro in Iowa two seasons ago (2017-2018). He scored 32 points in 72 games. Not exactly worthy of a call-up.

Mayhew got sent to Iowa because he was waivers exempt. That's the only reason he got sent down. It was a numbers game. Rask probably would have made it through waivers, but then he'd be sitting in the press box in Iowa, because the AHL only allows so many "NHL veteran" players on the ice per game. And the Wild would be short a center and have to play Kunin at center and Boudreau has made it known he prefers Kunin at wing with his right handed shot rather than at center.

As far a I'm concerned, let this dumpster fire blaze away and keep the kids as far from it as possible...

When Mayhew first came to the Iowa Wild as a college free agent he wasn't getting Top 6 minutes.  The emerged over time as near the end of that first season he went on a bit of hot streak showing some of that scoring potential.  Then performed well in a go-to role last year.  

Should he be on the team?  Sure, but @IllaZilla hit the nail on the head why he isn't.  It isn't anything he did wrong and his presence won't matter much because of the limited role he'd get with the big club.  

Stalock is in tonight and Boudreau has promised he's going to do something different for 3-on-3 OT if the game gets to that point.  Russo is speculating youth and speed during that part of the game but I'll believe it when I see it.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

When Mayhew first came to the Iowa Wild as a college free agent he wasn't getting Top 6 minutes.  The emerged over time as near the end of that first season he went on a bit of hot streak showing some of that scoring potential.  Then performed well in a go-to role last year.  

Should he be on the team?  Sure, but @IllaZilla hit the nail on the head why he isn't.  It isn't anything he did wrong and his presence won't matter much because of the limited role he'd get with the big club.  

Stalock is in tonight and Boudreau has promised he's going to do something different for 3-on-3 OT if the game gets to that point.  Russo is speculating youth and speed during that part of the game but I'll believe it when I see it.  

Promises, promises. 

They’ve been to OT once this season. Maybe Boudreau needs to figure out how to get these guys to play a full 60 minutes first so they don’t have to worry about the OT. 

I don't know how long I'll last as I'm sick. Went to urgent care on Saturday thinking I had an ear infection and possibly strep, as I've had a soar throat for about 2 weeks (I've never had strep so had no idea what it feels like). Turns out I have tonsil stones, and the only "cure" is gargling salt water. That has now morphed into a lovely head cold and I sound like a 3 pack a day smoker.

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

I don't know how long I'll last as I'm sick. Went to urgent care on Saturday thinking I had an ear infection and possibly strep, as I've had a soar throat for about 2 weeks (I've never had strep so had no idea what it feels like). Turns out I have tonsil stones, and the only "cure" is gargling salt water. That has now morphed into a lovely head cold and I sound like a 3 pack a day smoker.

Damn that sucks hope you feel better soon.

3 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

I’ve got 2 close friends who have had that crap for over a month now. Hope ya get better buddy 

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

I’ve got 2 close friends who have had that crap for over a month now. Hope ya get better buddy 

ZPack?  I was sick as he77 with that a few years ago, and the ZPack knocked it out (after Penicillin, Amox, everything OTC that was available failed).  Maybe worth a try....

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

ZPack?  I was sick as he77 with that a few years ago, and the ZPack knocked it out (after Penicillin, Amox, everything OTC that was available failed).  Maybe worth a try....

Being that I'm allergic to penicillin and sulfa, I basically have to be dying before I'm given antibiotics in any form. But I agree, I do love the Z-Pac.