Sam Morin tore his ACL again

RonJeremy

Wow i feel so bad for the kid. Terrible news. Well guys have overcame this before.

I can't see why he won't but it could mean the end of his career maybe.

Eagles running back Correll Buckhalter lost 3 seasons to ACL and patellar tendons surgeries and returned to play.

The deck is certainly stacked against him though but i hate it for the kid. Hard to believe he was drafted in 2013 and still trying to make it in 2019.

Well i hope he can fix his knee and still have a good life much less hockey career.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

They said he heard it pop sounds to me that it wasn't anchored properly....i wonder what kind of ligament was used??

own?? A synthetic, cadaver's or his own??

I used my own (hamstring) and had full range of motion in two weeks. The other choices is where you have the problems.

Either way his long legs must put a lot of torque on it for sure.

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This news makes me feel sad and frustrated for Sam.

Everyone who knows him seems to really like him. 

I wish him all the best.

That was my response to the news:  just sadness for the kid.  When you think about the work put in and just a kid with a dream...man, that sucks.

• Like 1

Man this sucks ..... Like others have mentioned ... I truly feel bad for the kid.  So much potential.     Sadly I believe it is time for most of us to realize the fact that he may never skate in the the O&B. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, vis said:

I bet the Flyers will find something for him.

They should put him in their accounting department.   Accounting isn't the easiest job, but it's considered the safest.

He'll probably get carpal tunnel on his second day and be on long-term disability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ACL's are fixable, Shirley he's not done. Terrible luck, but it won't be the inability to fix his knee that will derail his career, he might just get lost in the shuffle as others develop and pass him on the depth chart.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

They should put him in their accounting department.   Accounting isn't the easiest job, but it's considered the safest.

He'll probably get carpal tunnel on his second day and be on long-term disability.

Lol.  Sounds like it's up Neuvirth's alley as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

Let's hope another first rounder who plays center doesn't share a similar fate.  

On a scale of 1 to 10, the chances at one being low and the chances at ten being high, would you rate the chances in the high teens or low twenties?

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, the chances at one being low and the chances at ten being high, would you rate the chances in the high teens or low twenties?

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I really hope Patrick's condition is controllable.  But the longer he stays injured, the less faith I've got in that outcome.  He also seems to be injury- and concussion-prone.

19 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Sad. Never worked out. Puzzling thing for me is..they invested time, money and draft capital on him...why not give him a sniff of playing time this year? If for no other reason to up his value...odd.

I am guessing you're talking about Morin right?

He was on a conditioning stint with the Phantoms when he got hurt.

And if not and you're talking about Patrick he has to clear medically to play and well he can't.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am guessing you're talking about Morin right?

He was on a conditioning stint with the Phantoms when he got hurt.

And if not and you're talking about Patrick he has to clear medically to play and well he can't.

Was talking about Morin and his earlier stint with the Flyers. He sat in the press box for 8 games or so....not sure how this helps a young kid...at least play him and give him the potential to fetch a nice return if he is not in their plans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Was talking about Morin and his earlier stint with the Flyers. He sat in the press box for 8 games or so....not sure how this helps a young kid...at least play him and give him the potential to fetch a nice return if he is not in their plans.

Yeah, completely agree.  Unless they were really trying to showcase Hagg for trade and he was so bad it didn't work.  Then they had to put Morin in but he was stale by then and needed to go down for some game action first. 

The one thing that likely came of this is that Myers is now a Flyer, not a Flyntom.