Sam Morin tore his ACL again

RonJeremy

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, completely agree.  Unless they were really trying to showcase Hagg for trade and he was so bad it didn't work.  Then they had to put Morin in but he was stale by then and needed to go down for some game action first. 

The one thing that likely came of this is that Myers is now a Flyer, not a Flyntom. 

You might be right about them showcasing Hagg. Like you said it backfired if that was the case. Hagg is SO meh. Here we have a guy who is supposed to be unspectacular (understatement) but dependable...and you cant depend on him. 

I like Myers being with the big club. At the very least he can skate, which should be the starting prerequisite for any Flyer prospect forever.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Patrick was injured when they drafted him. Nothing has really changed. Morin was a risk pick, he was ranked much lower in most scouting lists. Just more Flyer mediocrity, which is what we have all become accustomed to.

Patrick and Morin could end up as total lemons due to injuries , maybe the Flyers could have researched Patrick's medical history and traded down that year , but it's too late for that now. In general the Flyers have done pretty well with our first round picks , Konecny, Farabee,  Frost, Sanheim, Provorov,  Laughton. We also got some good later round picks like Lindblom, Ghost, Ratcliffe and Hart and two highly skilled free agents Myers and Zamula. Considering we usually pick late in the draft we are doing pretty good. All we need going forward is a couple of big defensemen who can clear the crease and play defense and actually help prevent goals.

24 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Patrick and Morin could end up as total lemons due to injuries , maybe the Flyers could have researched Patrick's medical history and traded down that year , but it's too late for that now. In general the Flyers have done pretty well with our first round picks , Konecny, Farabee,  Frost, Sanheim, Provorov,  Laughton. We also got some good later round picks like Lindblom, Ghost, Ratcliffe and Hart and two highly skilled free agents Myers and Zamula. Considering we usually pick late in the draft we are doing pretty good. All we need going forward is a couple of big defensemen who can clear the crease and play defense and actually help prevent goals.

This is a alot of speculation isnt it?

Farabee looks good, but so did Patrick. Its too early to know. Laughton is a decent 4th liner. Frost hasnt done anything yet. Same goes for Ratcliffe. Sanheim is starting to look leaky and ghost is just that, a ghost. And lets be honest, Hart hasnt lived up to the hype....yet

I hope all these players pan out,  but the Flyer track record on drafting duds can be illustrated clearly. Look no farther than the guy wearing #25

The thing that I am going by at this point is the skill level of these draft picks, sure some of them havent proven anything yet but we have drafted some highly skilled players with skating ability unlike many of our draft picks in the past. We have never had a pool of such potential before.

12 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Was talking about Morin and his earlier stint with the Flyers. He sat in the press box for 8 games or so....not sure how this helps a young kid...at least play him and give him the potential to fetch a nice return if he is not in their plans.

Yeah i was expecting him to play too especially after watching Hagg not look so hot. 

I can see them moving Hagg maybe later in the year. 

I hate it for Morin and this could be a wrap on his career maybe. I hoping he can still lead a healthy life even if he never plays for the Flyers.

The good news is the Flyers still have quite a few D men who will be rolling in.

Yegor Zamula

Cam York

Wyatt Kalynuk

Linus Hogberg

Adam Ginning

Wyatt Wylie

Ronnie Attard

Mason Millman

So the cupboard is still chocked full.

I expect Zamula, Kalynuk, Wylie, Ginning and Hogberg to be sign on the Phantoms next year. Nothing like fresh troops.

I see Kalynuk as a future Phantom's captain.

11 hours ago, jammer2 said:

At the very least he can skate, which should be the starting prerequisite for any Flyer prospect forever.

Myers was a beast vs Montreal i hope we are starting to see the real true players start to emerge...easily the best game in the orange and black i've ever seen from him. Just scratching the tip of the iceberg.

5 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

maybe the Flyers could have researched Patrick's medical history and traded down

By research, do you mean they could have simply logged into this here site and read posts by people like me who were saying that he had a *lengthy* injury history going back to Bantam hockey.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

By research, do you mean they could have simply logged into this here site and read posts by people like me who were saying that he had a *lengthy* injury history going back to Bantam hockey.

Exactly!!! :smileyandcomputer:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

No, by talking to hockey people and checking his medical / injury history you hear things through the grapevine about players that might not be common knowledge and you decide its not worth the risk. 

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

No, by talking to hockey people and checking his medical / injury history you hear things through the grapevine about players that might not be common knowledge and you decide its not worth the risk. 

LOL ...you know he was being facetious and sarcastic ....but yes you are correct .... :toast:

• Like 1