81 Carsen Twarynski - 13 Kevin Hayes - 92 Jakub Voracek
10 Andy Andreoff - 12 Michael Raffl - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers

79 Carter Hart / 37 Brian Elliott

Power Play 1: Giroux, JVR, Farabee, Provorov, Voracek
Power Play 2: Couturier, Lindblom, Konecny, Gostisbehere, Niskanen

Scratches: 8 Robert Hägg (healthy), 44 Chris Stewart (healthy), 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL).
Injured reserve: 21 Scott Laughton (broken right index finger)
Injured non-roster: 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines)

MAPLE LEAFS

18 Andreas Johnsson - 34 Auston Matthews - 88 William Nylander
42 Trevor Moore - 91 John Tavares - 16 Mitch Marner
65 Ilya Mikheyev - 15 Alexander Kerfoot - 24 Kasperi Kapanen
41 Dmytro Timashov - 26 Nicolas Shore - 33 Frederik Gauthier

44 Morgan Rielly - 83 Cody Ceci
8 Jake Muzzin - 94 Tyson Barrie
23 Travis Dermott - 3 Justin Holl

31 Frederik Andersen
[30 Michael Hutchinson]

Power Play 1: Johansson, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Rielly
Power Play 2: Mikheyev, Kerfoot, Nylander, Kapanen, Barrie

Scratches: 19 Jason Spezza (healthy), 52 Martin Marincin (healthy).
Long-term injured reserve: 11 Zach Hyman (knee surgery, Apr. 29).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

This team is due for a blowout game.

Well Hart is expected to start so i expect a better results Elliott was the Leafs best player last game for the first half.

So the Flyers are actually playing better and some of their young defenseman have picked it up a bit.

Some changes to the bottom 6 i hope brings better results when the top guys aren't out there.

It should be a good game i won't be able to attend i will be at a 7 pm college football game.

I expect to win the same. And i would prefer to do it in regulation...oh and it would be nice for JVR to make you guys pay too.

Something tells me it may come down to special teams.

Goals For

Philadelphia

15th
Toronto

5th

Goals Against

Philadelphia

12th
Toronto

22nd

Power Play %

Philadelphia

9th
Toronto

21st

Penalty Kill %

Philadelphia

12th
Toronto

24th

Penalty Mins

Philadelphia

5th
Toronto

13th

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Hart is expected to start so i expect a better results Elliott was the Leafs best player last game for the first half.

At this point, I'm really not sure we can say this with any certainty. Hart has been the very definition of hot and cold goaltending in this first part of the season. It's mostly a question of which Hart will show up. He can be fantastic, but it's hardly a given. At least half the games he's played, Elliott would likely have been the better option (not because Elliott is a world-beater of course).

So, the first thing we need to wish for is for the highly touted version of Hart to show up in this game, rather than the mistake prone version. None of this is a knock on him of course. The ups and downs are going to be the case for him all season as he figures things out and gains valuable NHL experience.

44 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So the Flyers are actually playing better and some of their young defenseman have picked it up a bit.

True, but one could say the Leafs have underachieved thus far given the talent they have and the injuries to key players. A healthy Leafs team that lives up to expectations should begin to start putting up some big numbers on the scoreboard. We haven't really seen Toronto's star players take over a game yet. They've been contributing but not dominating. Sooner or later it has to happen.  As for the Flyers, not sure where they're at yet in their development. They seem to be a playoff bubble team again but who knows.   :) 

Obviously a win is a win, but the Leafs need to start getting 2-point wins over their opposition and not 1-point wins. Every game the Leafs win they seem to do it in OT or a shootout. They need to start getting more regulation wins.

52 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Power Play %

Philadelphia

9th
Toronto

21st

That pretty much says it all. Are the Leafs really the 21st best team on the power play?  Again, I'm expecting major shifts to these stats as the Leafs start to play at 100%. The Leafs should be a top 5 team on PP.  :) 

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn 8-2 that's what I'm talking about must be smoking that purple Hayes...

#passthedutchietolefthandside

Are all the Flyers fans asleep tonight or does my presence in the Flyers section scare them away?  😜

Normally there are a thousand replies in a Flyers thread by now...  :angel:

30 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Are all the Flyers fans asleep tonight or does my presence in the Flyers section scare them away?  😜

Normally there are a thousand replies in a Flyers thread by now...  :angel:

GFY!

Happy?

• Haha 2

I don't care what anyone says:

Voracek is an imbecile. I simply cannot stand watching him.  Trade him to the Panthers so NO ONE has to see him play. Think of the children! 

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I don't care what anyone says:

Voracek is an imbecile. I simply cannot stand watching him.  Trade him to the Panthers so NO ONE has to see him play. Think of the children! 

I told everyone years ago that Jake is an overpaid floater and that Coots and especially G, have made him good for years now. Some thought I was crazy. I hope Vigneault talks Fletcher into trading him, provided Mr. Scott and others running the team, and pretending to know hockey.... allow it.

4 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Hiya Podein!  :)

Well, definitely not the start to this game that I expected.  Leafs penalty kill is horrendous (at least in the games I watch).

Yeah, it is pretty bad right now. Not a lot of guys going all out, and playing hard enough on the PK. I look at your team the same way I look at Tampa - all the skill, especially offensively that you would want but not built for playoff hockey.

• Like 1